9/11 - the big cover-up?

Zippo

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 10:59 am
9/11 - the big cover-up?

September 12, 2007

Even the chair of the 9/11 Commission now admits that the official evidence they were given was 'far from the truth'.

guardian.co.uk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 802 • Replies: 15
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 06:41 pm
Are they afraid to admit it was a lie?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:56 pm
Admit what was a lie, c.i.?

(Have you been sipping Kool-aid with Zippo?)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 12:41 am
"sipping Kool-aid"... such a zesty, fresh and exciting metaphor.

This Guardian piece is unsupported in its suggestions/implications by its own internal links...
Quote:
The book, a behind-the-scenes look at the investigation, recounts obstacles the authors say were thrown up by the Bush administration, internal disputes over President Bush's use of the attacks as a reason for invading Iraq, and the way the final report avoided questioning whether U.S. policy in the Middle East may have contributed to the attacks.

That does NOT point in the direction the Guardian writer apparently wants readers to conclude.

So, zippo, how about we knock off the disingenuous (or lazy) posts.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 03:35 am
I guess it's pretty obvious that information is being held back after 9/11, and I'm pretty sure Bush isn't going to make an effort to let the truth be told. Maybe after a new president has been elected, some light will be shed on this.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 04:06 am
blatham, i guess you havent read the comments posted on that story.

Tico, the Bush worshiper who pops in now and again... Just like Bin-laden
(Tic you should post some video's of you worshiping)

Everything that comes out of Bush's mouth is a LIE!

Remember those deadly Iraqi wmd's? Laughing

Here is something to keep your head in the sand:

Quote:
From The Sunday Times
September 16, 2007

Alan Greenspan claims Iraq war was really for oil

Graham Paterson

AMERICA's elder statesman of finance, Alan Greenspan, has shaken the White House by declaring that the prime motive for the war in Iraq was oil.

In his long-awaited memoir, to be published tomorrow, Greenspan, a Republican whose 18-year tenure as head of the US Federal Reserve was widely admired, will also deliver a stinging critique of President George W Bush's economic policies.

However, it is his view on the motive for the 2003 Iraq invasion that is likely to provoke the most controversy. 'I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil,' he says.

Greenspan, 81, is understood to believe that Saddam Hussein posed a threat to the security of oil supplies in the Middle East.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article2461214.ece

----------

Bush demolished the towers and killed 3 thousand Americans for OIL. (he also burned billions of dollars and killed thousands of US soldiers)

And you folks worship this guy ?!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 07:52 am
RUSS WITTENBERG: "I flew the two actual aircraft which were involved in 9/11... Fight number 175 and Flight 93, the 757 that allegedly went down in Shanksville and Flight 175 is the aircraft that's alleged to have hit the South Tower. I don't believe it's possible for... a so-called terrorist to train on a 172, then jump in a cockpit of a 757-767 class cockpit, and vertical navigate the aircraft, lateral navigate the aircraft, and fly the airplane at speeds exceeding it's design limit speed by well over 100 knots, make high-speed high-banked turns,.. pulling probably 5, 6, 7 G's... I couldn't do it and I'm absolutely positive they couldn't do it." video
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 10:47 am
blatham wrote:

This Guardian piece is unsupported in its suggestions/implications by its own internal links...
Quote:
The book, a behind-the-scenes look at the investigation, recounts obstacles the authors say were thrown up by the Bush administration, internal disputes over President Bush's use of the attacks as a reason for invading Iraq, and the way the final report avoided questioning whether U.S. policy in the Middle East may have contributed to the attacks.

That does NOT point in the direction the Guardian writer apparently wants readers to conclude.

So, zippo, how about we knock off the disingenuous (or lazy) posts.

Bernie,

Though I may be wrong, I'm puzzled by your assertion here. The Guardian piece points the way to numerous situations that are just too puzzling to be accepted as the truth.

The gist of the article,

"You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to be puzzled and want an explanation, or to be sceptical concerning the official version of events.

Six years on from those terrible events, the survivors, and the friends and families of those who died, deserve to know the truth. Is honesty and transparency concerning 9/11 too much to ask of the president and Congress?"

How is it that a 47 storey building [WTC7] can just fall down in the middle
of New York city and the commission charged with investigating doesn't even discuss it? What of all the experts in their respective fields who state that the official versions just don't square well with reality?

How long do they keep the remains of airplanes involved in crashes, poring over the evidence until they come to some reasonable conclusions. What hangar are any of the jets from 9-11 stored in? Though I don't keep up with all the news, I can't say that I've ever heard a thing from the Federal Aviation Safety Board on these aircraft?

You'd have to be a full-blown tico to just accept everything at face value. At the least, these questions should provoke thoughful discussions for many of the issues are truly perplexing.

Instead, I see normally thoughtful people dancing around the edges, seemingly too frightened to acknowledge that things just aren't quite right, too cowed to look at the facts.

Granted, it seems ludicrous to suggest that such an incompetent group of stumblebums could have pulled off anything like what's been suggested, but that doesn't change the fact that many of these issues are worthy of a full discussion.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 11:06 am
If there is any question about even the smallest bit of the official story of what happened on 9-11, we must all assume that those planes that we all saw smashing into those buildings weren't really there, but only CGI'd in live and broadcast around the world, and it was actually a controlled explosion, demolition-style. Because that's the only other logical possibility.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put on my protective aluminum-coated suit now so I don't get my brain waves scrambled by them evil government mind-control machines.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 11:13 am
Were that it was that simple, Kicky. Allowing that we all saw the planes hit the WTC towers.

Quote:

Jan '01 - Frank De Martini, deceased Mgr of WTC Construction & Project Mgmt, says in documentary before 9/11 that he believes WTC towers could sustain multiple hits from large jetliners, comparing it to poking a pencil through mosquito netting.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 11:49 am
Coolwhip wrote:
I guess it's pretty obvious that information is being held back after 9/11, and I'm pretty sure Bush isn't going to make an effort to let the truth be told. Maybe after a new president has been elected, some light will be shed on this.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/about/107-306.pdf
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:16 pm
You can say THAT, again!

Zippo wrote:

Quote:
From The Sunday Times
September 16, 2007

Graham Paterson

AMERICA's elder statesman of finance, Alan Greenspan, has shaken the White House by declaring that the prime motive for the war in Iraq was oil.

In his long-awaited memoir, to be published tomorrow, Greenspan, a Republican whose 18-year tenure as head of the US Federal Reserve was widely admired, will also deliver a stinging critique of President George W Bush's economic policies.

However, it is his view on the motive for the 2003 Iraq invasion that is likely to provoke the most controversy. 'I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil,' he says.

Greenspan, 81, is understood to believe that Saddam Hussein posed a threat to the security of oil supplies in the Middle East.

----------

Bush demolished the towers and killed 3 thousand Americans for OIL. (he also burned billions of dollars and killed thousands of US soldiers)

Cool Cool Cool
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:21 pm
JTT wrote:
Quote:
Bernie,

Though I may be wrong, I'm puzzled by your assertion here. The Guardian piece points the way to numerous situations that are just too puzzling to be accepted as the truth.

The gist of the article,

"You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to be puzzled and want an explanation, or to be sceptical concerning the official version of events.

Because he highjacks the credibility of the 9/11 commission in his first paragraphs and uses that to imply credence to other quite irrelevant matters or questions. The obstructionism that the commission ran up against had absolutely nothing to do with suppressed evidence for such theories as he talks about. Rather (just read the link he supplies) the obstructionism or suppression related to evidences of Iraqi complicity in 9/11 and related to FAA/Pentagon responses to events that morning. That you or zippo might attempt to hide from a highway cop that you'd had a beer or two ought not to lead to a further and quite irrelevant/unwarranted supposition that you also are capable of shooting a nun between the eyes.

Quote:
Six years after 9/11, the American public have still not been provided with a full and truthful account of the single greatest terror attack in US history.

What they got was a turkey. The 9/11 Commission was hamstrung by official obstruction. It never managed to ascertain the whole truth of what happened on September 11 2001.

The chair and vice chair of the 9/11 Commission, respectively Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, assert in their book, Without Precedent, that they were "set up to fail" and were starved of funds to do a proper investigation. They also confirm that they were denied access to the truth and misled by senior officials in the Pentagon and the federal aviation authority;
and that this obstruction and deception led them to contemplate slapping officials with criminal charges.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 06:19 am
Zippo wrote:

Quote:
From The Sunday Times
September 16, 2007

Graham Paterson

----------

Gee, what a revelation. Iraq War about oil? What a brilliant mind that came up with this conclusion. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:25 am
woiyo wrote:
Zippo wrote:

Quote:
From The Sunday Times
September 16, 2007

Graham Paterson

----------

Gee, what a revelation. Iraq War about oil? What a brilliant mind that came up with this conclusion. Rolling Eyes

woiyo's first post on a2k
Quote:
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:17 pm Post: 895156 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyclo - Wht the Dems seem to forget, and what candidate Kerry can not make clear, is the Iraq WAS A CURRENT PROBLEM.

No before you go off on your "WMD LATHER", remember that the Iraqi govt signed a cease fire agreement after Gulf 1 which they failed to live up to as evidenced by the 8+ years of continual UN Resolutions confirming their failure.

You fail to remember that it was GW who went before the UN with a last chance resolution to Iraq. Again, Iraqi failed to comply.

Clearly, you can not negotiate with someone like Saddam and it was clear that AFTER 9-11, the US can no longer wait (as you suggest) until AFTER the fact to defend itself.

Yet, the Dems can not be clear as to what their position is and people like yourself fail to remember.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 10:36 am
blatham wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Zippo wrote:

Quote:
From The Sunday Times
September 16, 2007

Graham Paterson

----------

woiyo's first post on a2k
Quote:
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:17 pm Post: 895156 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyclo - Wht the Dems seem to forget, and what candidate Kerry can not make clear, is the Iraq WAS A CURRENT PROBLEM.

No before you go off on your "WMD LATHER", remember that the Iraqi govt signed a cease fire agreement after Gulf 1 which they failed to live up to as evidenced by the 8+ years of continual UN Resolutions confirming their failure.

You fail to remember that it was GW who went before the UN with a last chance resolution to Iraq. Again, Iraqi failed to comply.

Clearly, you can not negotiate with someone like Saddam and it was clear that AFTER 9-11, the US can no longer wait (as you suggest) until AFTER the fact to defend itself.

Yet, the Dems can not be clear as to what their position is and people like yourself fail to remember.

So what is your point? Iraq was a problem and because it has oil, it was a problem we had to face.
0 Replies