Gonzo RIP. aka Friday funnies.

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 05:40 pm
WASHINGTON (AP) - Resigning Attorney General Alberto Gonzales left the scandal-scarred Justice Department on Friday, declaring himself hopeful about its mission of ferreting out crime and defending the truth. Gonzales quit after 2 years at the department amid investigations into whether he broke the law and lied to Congress. He has denied any wrongdoing.----

In a Friday morning speech, Gonzales said his time at the Justice Department made him determined to fight terrorists and sexual predators and crack down on guns, drugs and gang violence plaguing the nation's neighborhoods.

``Over the past two and a half years, I have seen tyranny, dishonesty, corruption and depravity of types I never thought possible,'' Gonzales said in prepared remarks at a Hispanic Heritage Month ceremony at Bolling Air Force Base. ``I've seen things I didn't know man was capable of.

``But I will tell you here and now that these things still leave me hopeful,'' he said. ``Because every time I see a glimmer of the evil man can do, I see the defenders of liberty, truth and justice who stand ready to fight it.''
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 430 • Replies: 1
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 05:48 pm
Re: Gonzo RIP. aka Friday funnies.
dyslexia wrote:

``Over the past two and a half years, I have seen tyranny, dishonesty, corruption and depravity of types I never thought possible,'' Gonzales said in prepared remarks at a Hispanic Heritage Month ceremony at Bolling Air Force Base. ``I've seen things I didn't know man was capable of.

and that was just in the justice department alone

<drumroll>
0 Replies