is Bush really the problem?

Hazlitt

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 07:29 pm
Right on, Bear & Edgar.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 05:08 pm
There were probably more reasons than we can even imagine (don't forget, Congress often acts like a private club) for the Dems' weakness with respect to the Patriot ACt and the invasion. I hope they've emerged from all this with the realization that it's better to stick to principles. But I bet they haven't!

I would really really really like to see a change in management of the Party and some new members in both House and Senate. Mamajuana (I believe) mentioned today that Andrew Young will run for Zell Miller's seat.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 02:40 pm
The Fourth Estate has failed us miserably not to mention the Judiciary (oops, then again, I did mention it - so it shall from here forth be).

I don't believe that Bush is anything more than a figurehead. Reagan always had planned deniabilty for an excuse - Bush has planned dumbness as an excuse, he isn't a fact checker after all.

What we have is a stage that has been set for the Fascist takeover of the USA - sad but true!
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:01 pm
bush and bush. daddy and sonny boy. along with "if i only had a heart"--cheney.

but they couldn't be as powerful except the republicans have a majority in the house. and the senate 50/50.

i also blame a lot of this on big business lobbiests and pat robertson--the devil incarnate.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:10 pm
Does anyone recall an episode of NOW with Bill Moyers from a year or so ago, ehwn he spoke with someone who reported a comment made by a member of congress to the effect that "Democracy has been a good experiment, but its time is over."? I wish I could recall who it was .
Anyway, I think what we are seeing is the return of a class system in the US. There is a class of wealthy "corporatocrats" for lack of a better term, who lead financial and governmental institutions, and then the rest of us.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:13 pm
as pogo said------yeah we elected them
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 05:53 am
bob, I don't think it is any different today than it was 50 years ago - Wahbushism just emblazens them to come out of the closet Cool
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 05:56 am
dyslexia, you create a very funny circular reference, the elected were from the past - Nixon, Ford, Reagan, BushI - who nominated the Supremes that appointed the current .......... oh, never mind :sad:
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 03:53 pm
but bill that is so crucial. that is WHY he IS president. it was a very republican supreme court. and we all know bush won a lawsuit not an election.

no one elected anybody.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 09:13 pm
Quote:
Over the last 227 years, the United States of America went from a brawling, rebellious infant to the greatest democracy in the universe. This nation spent oceans of blood, sweat and tears to earn the respect of the world. Too often, it abused that respect by abusing the world, but always managed to regain its standing within the global community by the sheer force of its goodness, its ideals, and its willingness to help other nations in need. When the attacks of September 11th came, that global community responded to our essential goodness by embracing us with a passionate ferocity that has no precedent in the annals of human history. That standing is dust now, ground under the heels of a pack of ideological extremists who would wrap the world in flames if it profited them a few more ducats. The world sees this, and has seen it for some time now. The United Nations was used on Tuesday as a prop for a failing President's Fox newsbite writ large. It is a shame and a scandal and a disaster beyond description that this great nation has fallen so very low.

A moment will come on January 20th, 2005. It will be cold in Washington D.C. A man who is not George W. Bush will raise his hand and swear and oath to preserve, protect and defend the United States of America. The words "So help me God" will be snatched by the wind and carried across seas and mountains to the furthest corners of the planet. When that happens, all of the Earth will be joined together in the deepest and most profound exhalation of relief. When that happens, George W. Bush will have become in his absence what he completely failed to be with his presence: A uniter.

Will Pitt's 'Situation Excellent, I am Attacking'
0 Replies