A public call for Bush's impeachment

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 06:33 am
It is apparent that no matter what Bush does. our brave congress people will never move to impeach Bush for malfeasance. I wonder how they would respond to a ground swell of their constituents contacting them and requesting {demanding] such action.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,026 • Replies: 21
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:25 am
They would ignore the will of the people they have sworn to serve, as usual.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:33 am
woiyo wrote:

And what percentage of american citizens presently wish for Bush to change his policies and begin removing American kids from out of harm's way?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 09:02 am
blatham wrote:
woiyo wrote:

And what percentage of american citizens presently wish for Bush to change his policies and begin removing American kids from out of harm's way?

Irrelevant. It is obvious from all objective observations that THIS Congress, given the so-called MANDATE OF THE PEOPLE, now controlled by the Democratic Party, has done nothing to date, in accordance with their promises made during the campaign.

What makes anyone think this Congress has the testiculiar fortitude to make the difficult decisions? What track record have they sown that would make me believe they can do what "needs to be done"?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 09:10 am
Re my 'irrelevant' post above... is your President ignoring the wishes of the majority of American citizens re troops in Iraq?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:31 am
blatham wrote:
Re my 'irrelevant' post above... is your President ignoring the wishes of the majority of American citizens re troops in Iraq?

Yes.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:33 am
"representative" democracy.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:41 am
Re: A public call for Bush's impeachment
au1929 wrote:
It is apparent that no matter what Bush does. our brave congress people will never move to impeach Bush for malfeasance. I wonder how they would respond to a ground swell of their constituents contacting them and requesting {demanding] such action.

I do recall hearing somewhere that there is absolutely no desire to seek impeachment. If Bush was not 1 year away from the end of his final term, I'm sure things would be different. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they just want to allow him to do as he has always done--be a natural born f*ck-up and deter as many people as possible from the Republican party. Impeachment is a long, dirty and expensive process. Bush can do more damage for himself and his party by being himself than the Dems can do to him through impeachment.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:46 am
And in this thread so far, not a single statement of grounds for impeachment, much less grounds that conform to the Constitution.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:48 am
Let me fix that for you: Gross negligence and incompetence, outright law-breaking (FISA), lying to Congress (Iraqi WMD intel), mismanaging a war, Politicizing the DoJ. All impeachable offenses.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:53 am
Re: A public call for Bush's impeachment
candidone1 wrote:
au1929 wrote:

I do recall hearing somewhere that there is absolutely no desire to seek impeachment. If Bush was not 1 year away from the end of his final term, I'm sure things would be different. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they just want to allow him to do as he has always done--be a natural born f*ck-up and deter as many people as possible from the Republican party. Impeachment is a long, dirty and expensive process. Bush can do more damage for himself and his party by being himself than the Dems can do to him through impeachment.

True, however, can you imagine the damage that blithering idiot can do in the remaining 17 months left in his term.
Were he the CEO of a company large or small he would have been out on his ass long ago. However, being the idiot leader of IMO a stupid electorate there he sits ready to do his worst. Stupid, because it took the 6 years to finally see what a dangerous moron he is.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:54 am
woiyo wrote:
blatham wrote:

Yes.

Thank you.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:13 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
And in this thread so far, not a single statement of grounds for impeachment, much less grounds that conform to the Constitution.

Brandon, there is a long and distinguished list of people who advocate impeachment on many different levels, with many different charges....from constitutional lawyers, to republican and democrat politicians, to war veterans groups.
Besides, the will Congress can determine the grounds for impeachment...they are not bound solely by "treason, bribery, high crimes and misdeameanors" as grounds for impeachment.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:16 am
Wouldnt that mean that, should he be impeached, found guilty, and removed from office, that DICK CHENEY would inherit the joystick?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:17 am
farmerman wrote:
Wouldnt that mean that, should he be impeached, found guilty, and removed from office, that DICK CHENEY would inherit the joystick?

As the de facto president, it would actually be him we impeach.

I'm willing to let bush stay; without Cheney, he is powerless.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:18 am
Brrrr, Are there any provisions in the Constitution that allow impeachment of both the chief Exec and the Vice President , sort of like a "package deal"?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:20 am
blatham wrote:
woiyo wrote:
blatham wrote:

Yes.

Thank you.

You're Welcome.

Your post was not irrelevant. What was irrelevant was the question regarding the about what percentage of Americans wna Bush to change policy.

Unfortuantely, in America today our Executive Brnach and the Senate do not really care what their citizens opinions are. These politicians are only interested in :

1. Raising money from Rich Fat Cats
2. Using that money to get re-elected
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:21 am
farmerman wrote:

Bush's joystick is probably as soft as his brain. I would like to tell Chaney where he should stick it. :wink:
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:29 am
farmerman wrote:
Brrrr, Are there any provisions in the Constitution that allow impeachment of both the chief Exec and the Vice President , sort of like a "package deal"?

I don't see why not. It may be more difficult to execute a two-fer.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:31 am
candidone1 wrote:
farmerman wrote:

I don't see why not. It may be more difficult to execute a two-fer.

Forgot to add this....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States#Officials_impeached
0 Replies