What about incest?

agrote

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 02:37 am
agrote wrote:
In my original post, I meant the term 'relationship' very loosely... maybe it wasn't the best word to you. A fling is a brief relationship, by my use of the word. Experimentation between siblings counts as a sort of fling. And it's something that should not be frowned upon, or forced to be kept secret, I think.

Urm, it seems I used the word 'adult' very loosely as well... we seem to be talking about kids now, when this is meant to be a thread about adults. Oops.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 03:58 am
OK. I'm adopted. It's not an issue now because I married a woman from another country and of another race. But what about if I'd met a woman, fallen in love, been intimate, and then found out later she was a previously unknown sister?

I believe that has happened.

Just wanted to throw that one into the ring for consideration!
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:03 am
Yea, happened in Germany. They even had kids as far as I remember.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:15 am
Yes, but we are not talking about oopsie-daisy happenings here. Agrote claims that there are consenting adult relationships that are incestuous.

I disagree.

I think if you find two adult family members who are in a sexual relationship you will also find that one of them holds some excessive power or authority over the other and that both of them have some socialization and sexual issues that have been unresolved since adolescence.

Joe(Now, the question is is agrote hot for a brother or a sister?)Nation
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 05:51 am
Wilso wrote:
OK. I'm adopted. It's not an issue now because I married a woman from another country and of another race. But what about if I'd met a woman, fallen in love, been intimate, and then found out later she was a previously unknown sister?

The law would not be on your side. But it should be... if siblings are capable of falling in love with each other, in the same way that non-siblings are, then we need to accept this and give those people the same rights as ordinary couples (apart from the right to produce children, which I think carries too many risks in cases of inbreeding).

Joe Nation wrote:
I think if you find two adult family members who are in a sexual relationship you will also find that one of them holds some excessive power or authority over the other and that both of them have some socialization and sexual issues that have been unresolved since adolescence.

This is speculation, though. You could well be right, but I'm not sure that you are. What about this German couple that have been mentioned? Is there any evidence of a power imbalance there?

Joe Nation wrote:
Now, the question is is agrote hot for a brother or a sister?

I have two sisters, and I am not attracted to either of them. Nor am I attracted to my parents (eurgh), cousins, uncles, aunties etc. On a sexual level, I find them all to be repugnant. Contrary to popular belief, I care about the rights of other people, not just myself.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 07:12 am
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, IT WOULD BE MUTUAL SEXUAL SATISFACTION.

but then i mean, i dont know i wouldnt want to **** my mom or my sister.

thats wierd though, i cant explain exactly why it is so revolting. i mean sex is one of the most amazing things to do with a person you love, but then its like "with your sister" and all of sudden its not.

i think there is ALOT of room for father abuse to female children though, when i was growing up and even know my homegirls tell me stories about their dads or uncles or something.

but then some of them say they LIKED it, and honestly i heard that 3 times in different forms and it i felt a little bit of wtf mixed with disgust mixed with curiousity.

my friend said something to me one day and it was really shocking to me, well not shocking but ill just post what he told me

"every girls needs to be broken in by a man" its brutally honest.

and at first i was like hell no thats not true! but then it is. but does a girl need that man to be her dad?

IMO the game of sex should be played fairly, and a father screwing his daughter isnt fair, a sister and brother would to me make those people just really, really really close. or maybe i just cant judge other people, but i wouldnt do it myself.

but where do these moral lines come from? guess thats what it boils down to.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 02:40 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
thats wierd though, i cant explain exactly why it is so revolting. i mean sex is one of the most amazing things to do with a person you love, but then its like "with your sister" and all of sudden its not.

We've evolved to find our sisters unattractive. They have certain physical features, such as their smell, which your body 'knows' are the features of somebody who has too many genes in common with you. Perhaps, just as some people are born with an extra toe or a disability of some kind, some people are born with a poor sense of which physical features indicate sexual incompatibility, so nothing stops them being attracted to their relatives. That's just an suggestion.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:30 pm
So... you can smell your sister? This might be true for mice, but human interaction as far more complicated than that of mice.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:41 pm
I think agrote might be talking about pheromones, not scent.
0 Replies

averner

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 12:53 am
this topic is so freudian
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 02:14 am
Coolwhip wrote:
So... you can smell your sister? This might be true for mice, but human interaction as far more complicated than that of mice.

It might be more complicated, but that doesn't mean smell's got nothing to do with it. Maybe I mean pheromones, Mame's right - I don't know much about pheromones.

Anyway, it's not just smell. There are cues in people's appearance which correspond to their genetic make-up, and from these cues we (unconsciously) determine how sexually compatible we are with them. Incest is rare, not because of social conditioning, but because most people naturally don't want to engage in it.
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:00 pm
agrote: just an observation here.

This thread has the appearance of a "you think I have problems? look at those weirdos!" kind of thread. If you can honestly say that this wasn't your purpose at all, then I apologize. Nonetheless, I'm just echoing what a few others are no doubt thinking.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 03:06 am
Kratos wrote:
agrote: just an observation here.

This thread has the appearance of a "you think I have problems? look at those weirdos!" kind of thread. If you can honestly say that this wasn't your purpose at all, then I apologize. Nonetheless, I'm just echoing what a few others are no doubt thinking.

I don't see where you got that idea. I'm defending consensual incest, I'm not saying it's 'weird'. I'm arguing that people who willingly engage in incest with one another do NOT have problems, and are NOT weirdos.

Have you actually read beyond the title? I suppose the title might suggest that I'm saying, "What about incest? That's much worse than what I want to do!" But if you look at my posts, you'll see this is not the case.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 06:57 am
If you were on an island with one person, and that person was your sister or brother, for 10 years. would you have sex with them?

i think i would have to say yes, thats a very long time to go celibate.

does that make me a bad person? maybe,i think it means i would rather die than be celibate for 10 years.

if it was my mom or something that i think would be very wierd. i think part of the unconditional love of parents is not ******* their kids, i mean it would be easy to manipulate a kid into having sex with you if you have that authority, and by not excerising that and refraining from any sexual pleasure , ever, i think that is how parents prove their love in a way.

but i mean this subject is taboo taboo taboo! its great. i love delving into my own concious mind and tyrng to explain good and bad and free will and ****.

But damn does it suck when your little cousin, and i quote asks "do i have to suck your dick to make you love me like my uncle?"

i mean the gravity of that statement changed my life, its is when i first realised that there were good and bad people in the world. after i heard that is when i first knew the difference between good and evil.

if i had a gun and knew where this guy was, trust me id be in prison. but this is about consensual incest so that doesnt apply here but i think it indirectly relates to this subject. i think it outlines some of the abuse laws try to prevent regarding these issues.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 09:42 am
I've been celibate for 21 years. It's not that bad.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 09:42 am
OGIONIK wrote:
i would rather die than be celibate for 10 years.

I've been celibate for 21 years. It's not that bad.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 11:52 am
How old is your cousin, Ogionik?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 07:43 pm
SHE WAS 10.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 07:45 pm
SHE WAS 10. i dont think i ever felt such a sadness as when she told me that. its horrible what some people do isnt it?
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 12:32 am
Quote:

Quote:
It might be more complicated, but that doesn't mean smell's got nothing to do with it. Maybe I mean pheromones, Mame's right - I don't know much about pheromones.

close, i think. actually we've been ill-equipped genetically to deal with phermones ever since we evolved (or if you prefer, ever since god blessed us with the new ability to see in three colors) from bi-color vision to tri-color vision. we started relying more on visual cues when choosing a mate.

however there is very new evidence about how we sense the world available, we used to think there were n large pairs (5 maybe?) of nerves at the base o the brain, and there are in fact n+1. (6 maybe?) the "new" pair isn't new, but we never discovered it before, as it's finer than the others and is usually pulled off upon dissection along with the membrane.

a long time ago i read an article about a sensory organ near the olfactory nerves that operates with smaller particles than our usual sense of smell. pheremones or whatever, i assume these two discoveries are related. genetically we aren't equipped to deal with pheremones the way we were when we had bi-color vision, but perhaps we evolved a similar system to "cheat" into working with something like that in a new way.

there you are, pheremones, but now that "i don't know much about pheremones" excuse won't work anymore Very Happy next time you can say "but i'm not sure, i know TOO much about pheremones."
0 Replies