Friday Fluff Thread - what's your favorite SNL skit?

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:11 pm
Chai wrote:
Speaking of dancing, what about when he did the Chippendale Dancer audition against Patrick Swayze?

that was awesome.

That was NASTY you mean! Laughing But that was the whole point which, IMO, made it kind of sad.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:12 pm
Oh my god, that chippendale one was the BEST!

Hehehe...I found this great clip of outtakes of Farley cracking up his cohorts.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Giu4dk0GiDE
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:35 pm
eoe wrote:
Chai wrote:
Speaking of dancing, what about when he did the Chippendale Dancer audition against Patrick Swayze?

that was awesome.

That was NASTY you mean! Laughing But that was the whole point which, IMO, made it kind of sad.

Very Happy

actually, the "that was awesome" came from another character Farley did.

He had a "tommy boy" like character that was supposed to interview people.

He'd be interviewing, let's say Paul McCartney

and he'd say...

Chris - So...uh, remember when you were arrested at the airport for having some pot with you?

Paul - yes, I do remember that.

Chris - yeah so um...do you remember when you were with the Beatles?

Paul - yes

Chris - and, um...you were dead, like on Abby Road, but your weren't really dead?

Paul - well....what?

Chris - well, do your remember that?

Paul - Yes, I remember that.

Chris - that was awesome.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 03:54 pm
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/6f/Celebrity_Jeopardy_-_Jap_Anus_Relations.png

jeopardy!
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 04:18 pm
The rapist for 500 Alex Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 04:27 pm
loved the first few seasons the best

"Bag O' Glass"

Consumer Reporter.....Candice Bergen
Irwin Mainway.....Dan Aykroyd
(excerpt)
Consumer Reporter: Alright. Fine. Fine. Well, we'd like to show you another one of Mr. Mainway's products. It retails for $1.98, and it's called Bag O' Glass. [ holds up bag of glass ] Mr. Mainway, this is simply a bag of jagged, dangerous, glass bits.

Irwin Mainway: Yeah, right, it's you know, it's glass, it's broken glass, you know? It sells very well, as a matter of fact, you know? It's just broken glass, you know?

Consumer Reporter: [ laughs ] I don't understand. I mean, children could seriously cut themselves on any one of these pieces!

Irwin Mainway: Yeah, well, look - you know, the average kid, he picks up, you know, broken glass anywhere, you know? The beach, the street, garbage cans, parking lots, all over the place in any big city. We're just packaging what the kids want! I mean, it's a creative toy, you know? If you hold this up, you know, you see colors, every color of the rainbow! I mean, it teaches him about light refraction, you know? Prisms, and that stuff! You know what I mean?

Consumer Reporter: So, you don't feel that this product is dangerous?

Irwin Mainway: No! Look, we put a label on every bag that says, "Kid! Be careful - broken glass!" I mean, we sell a lot of products in the "Bag O'" line.. like Bag O' Glass, Bag O' Nails, Bag O' Bugs, Bag O' Vipers, Bag O' Sulfuric Acid. They're decent toys, you know what I mean?

Not For Ladies Only

Barbra Walters.....Gilda Radner
Marlene Dietrich.....Madeline Kahn

Barbra Walters: Good evening, and welcome to "Not For Wadies Only". I'm Baba Wawa, and tonight we'll be talking to an actual wiving wegend - the incwedible Mawene Dietrich.

Marlene Dietrich: Thank you. It's gweat to be heah.

Barbra Walters: Mawene, what is it wike to be wiving wegend?

Marlene Dietrich: Wet me just say, it's been a weawy wich expewience.

Barbra Walters: I'm so impwessed. Mawene.. you are so with and swender. How do you stay so swim?

Marlene Dietrich: Swimming keeps me swim. My daily wegimen incwudes swimming twelve waps in my pool. It's wonderful for my wegs.

Barbra Walters: Mawene, tell us the secwet of your perpetual youth.

Marlene Dietrich: I only eat healthy foods. I get massaged weguwally, and.. I've had evewything wifted.

Barbra Walters: [ incredulous ] You mean you've had your wegs wifted?!

Marlene Dietrich: Evewything, even my weah.

Barbra Walters: Your what?

Marlene Dietrich: My weah.

Barbra Walters: Your wear?

Marlene Dietrich: What?

Barbra Walters: Dwop it.

Marlene Dietrich: You bwought it up. [ laughing in ] Of course, wooking gwamowous on film isn't all beauty secwets. A wot of it is wighting. I do all my own wighting.

Barbra Walters: I didn't weawize you wote.

Marlene Dietrich: I don't. I wight.

Barbra Walters: You're weferring to.. [ moves her fingers as though typing ] ..typewriter witing, wight?

Marlene Dietrich: [ pointing to lights ] I'm weferring to ewectwic wighting. You see, in pictures, bwight wighting can be vewy unfwattering, particuwawy if it makes my wegs wook white. Baba, am I wong to want to appear wadiant?

Barbra Walters: No, that's very weasonable.. [ to herself ] Hawy Weasonuh.. Hawy Weasonuh.. five million dollars.. I'm wich! [ to camera ] Well, we've wun out of time. Before we go, I wanted to mention what a beautiful fur you have on. Is it mink?

Marlene Dietrich: No, it's just a silly wabbit.

Barbra Walters: Well, Mawene, it's been a weal pweasure. I thank you. [ into camera ] Don't forget to dwop in next week when our guest will be Elmer Fudd. Good night.

cool website SNL Transcripts
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 04:29 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/6f/Celebrity_Jeopardy_-_Jap_Anus_Relations.png

jeopardy!

apparently mr reynolds has changed his name to turd ferguson
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 04:31 pm
transcripts are great, but you have to actually see Dan Aykroyd doing that sleazy Mr. Mainway.
And you have to see and hear Gilda and Madeline doing the "w's."

I just realized that both those ladies are gone now
. Sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 05:43 pm
eoe wrote:
And Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor. That skit, where they called each other the foulest of names, scared the **** out of me.

eoe, That job interview with Chase and Pryor was the first thing that popped into my mind. They didn't really call each other names. It was a word association test. I'm going from memory:

Chase: Negro (or some other term)

Pryor: Honky

Chase: Nigger

Pryor: Dead honky.

Scary and funny as hell.

Some of my other favorites have already been mentioned. Madelyn Kahn as Marlene Dietrich. Farley and Swayze in the dance tryouts.

Curtin and Ackroyd doing the news. Take it Jane, you ignorant slut.

I haven't watched this show in years. I'm surprised that somewhere out in cable land, someone isn't rerunning the early shows.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 06:03 pm
They do, Roberta. Don't they?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 06:05 pm
It's fun reading your nominations for funniest skit - bringing back memories (Madelyn Khan! I loved her.)

When I think of SNL, I think of these skits. I guess they're most memorable to me......

- Belushi as the dinner cook: cheebugu, cheebugu, cheebugu, pepsi pepsi NO COKE.

- Belushi as the samarai conceirge.

- Carvey choppin (huh) broccoli!

- Gilda Radner's Rosana Rosanadana // Miss Emily Latella
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:48 pm
djjd62 wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:

jeopardy!

apparently mr reynolds has changed his name to turd ferguson

Under what letter in the dictionary does the word "cat" come?
I believe that would be in the r's Trebek.
No Mr. Connery, not in the r's.
That's not what you mother said last night Trebek!

---------

Well, well, well Trebek. Fancy seeing you here. It's been a while.

Alex Trebek: Not long enough.

Sean Connery: That's not what your mother said last night.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:32 pm
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=LWnxsVcNL2w

OK, this might not be my favorite spot, but since Talk like a Pirate Day is Sept 19th, this skit above seemed timely!!!!

You can punch in Pryor and Chevy Chase on the youtube link and see the old word association bit. We were looking at it last night and laughing our butts off. We are so old we remember watching that skit live many years ago. Priceless...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 08:41 pm
Celebrity Jeopardy. Yes.

"Anal Bum Cover" for 200, Alex.
0 Replies

EBP7

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 03:27 pm
Celebrity Jeporday.
a BUNCH of Will Ferrell skits like-
Yoga skit
USA pride day to work (thong)
and...
cowbell
and the one w/ chris katan, they made it into a movie called "Night at the Roxbury"

"Thats not what your mother said last night Trebeck!"
"I'll take Jap anus relations for 300 Trebeck"
0 Replies

Oleander

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 05:44 am
Olympia Cafe

Pete Dionasopolis.....John Belushi
George.....Dan Aykroyd
Nico.....Bill Murray
Sandy.....Laraine Newman
New Waitress.....Jill Clayburgh
Male Customer.....Garrett Morris
Female Customer.....Gilda Radner
Benefit Lady.....Jane Curtin
[A busy diner owned by the blustering, mustachioed Pete Dionasopolis. He rings up a sale on his cash register. Greek music plays quietly in the background throughout the sketch. The phone rings and Pete answers:]

Pete: [into phone] Hello, Olympia Cafe! ... [yells to George, the cook] Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger!

For the full skit go to

Olympia Cafe!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 12:06 am
dueling brandos with peter boyle and john belushi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLhZfMMW8o

what made the original SNL was its use of commonly recognized cultural landmarks.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:49 am
Bill Murry and Steve Martin in "What the hell is that":

Quote:
Tourist #1: What the hell is that?! [ squints ] What the hell is that? [ chuckling at himself ] What's that danged thing doing here! How did that get here? What the hell is that?! [ squints ] What the hell is that?! How'd that dang deal get here?! [ turns off-camera ] Hey! Come on over here and look at this deal!

[ Tourist #2 wanders onto the set to take a bewildered look ]

Tourist #2: What the hell is that?

Tourist #1: I don't know what the hell that is!

Tourist #2: What in the hell is that?!

Tourist #1: Hey, you kids! Get away from there!

Tourist #2: I would not mess with that thing..

Tourist #1: Don't put your lips on it!

Tourist #2: [ ever curious ] What the hell is this?

Tourist #1: Well.. get a photo of me with it, anyway!

[ Tourist #1 hands camera to Tourist #2, then walks away from camera view to have his picture taken ]

Tourist #2: Be careful with that thing. [ snaps Tourist #1's picture, as spark of ingenuity develops on his face ] Oh, I know what that is!

Tourist #1: [ returns next to Tourist #2 ] Well, what the hell is it?!

Tourist #2: [ looks closer ] What is that thing..?

Tourist #1: I don't even care what it is. [ pause ] What the hell is that?!

Tourist #2: I don't know what the hell that thing is.

Tourist #1: Oh, I know what it is!

Tourist #2: [ seeing it ] Oh, yeah.. oh yeah.. [ chuckles ]

[ Tourist #1 & #2 walk away from the stage. A beat, before their heads peer back into frame, more inquisitive than ever. ]

Tourist #1: What the hell was that?!

Does anyone remember that christmas carol "Let's Kill Gary Gilmore For Christmas"? Damn.
0 Replies

FlyFoy

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:19 pm
eoe wrote:
Don't really watch SNL anymore but I thought "Dick in a Box" this passed holiday season was brilliant.

This isn't usually my kind of humor, but I thought it was hilarious. Did you know that it won an Emmy for best song a few weeks ago?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:29 pm
Best song? Emmy?
0 Replies