Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 09:34 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 455 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 06:28 pm
This is what we get because the congress hasn't stopped Bush's war in Iraq.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2007 11:05 pm
I am surprised by the info that Rove clashed with Cheney. If true, this whole Iraq quagmire is Cheney's fault.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 01:38 am
Re: Clash with Cheney over Iran Prompted Rove Departure
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Here I have to reveal a trade secret, which punctures the mystique of intelligence analysis. Generally speaking, 80 percent of the information one needs to form judgments on key intelligence targets or issues is available in open media.
-----------------------------------------------

Ray McGovern is a 27-year veteran analyst of the CIA and co-founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS).

No wonder the CIA is an utterly complete disaster these days. You have a bunch of political operatives calling themselves CIA analysts sitting around reading published media information. Give me a break. No wonder Joseph Wilson was sent to Niger to visit with a few politicians there over tea, and that was considered to be "intelligence."

I think I've heard of this Ray McGovern joker before.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 01:42 am
Re: Clash with Cheney over Iran Prompted Rove Departure
okie wrote:

I think I've heard of this Ray McGovern joker before.

There's really a certain chance that such might have happened: McGovern was a Federal employee under seven U.S. presidents over 27 years and presented the morning intelligence briefings at the White House for many years.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 01:59 am
Yes, and he was intertwined with the politics in the CIA, in regard to WMD and the Plame gotcha game that was played.

I find it revealing that he admits at least 80% of his analysis was no better than any other yahoo sitting out here reading media reports. If it wasn't so sad, I would think it was hilarious. But we pay these people good money for it, thats what is so frustrating. Again, I have come to the conclusion the CIA is a broken agency and a huge failure. I sympathize with the administration's apparent desire to clean house and start over, but its not that easy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 07:58 am
okie wrote:
La-la-la-la - I can't hear you!
0 Replies