If It Can Happen In NC... Maybe there is hope.

sozobe

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 11:02 am
Yep, I agree with that part.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 06:47 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
You have an excellent grasp on American politcs, but if you think SC is going to vote Blue and not Red in 2008 you are proving why a native understanding is so important

No, I dont really think SC is going to vote Dem. But if even in SC polls currently have the Dems ahead, well thats saying something, damn.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 07:04 pm
sozobe wrote:
Yep, I agree with that part.

Love your sig-line.

I actually listened to the Mayor make that comment live, and have had a deep affection for him ever since.

I'm not sure you have the precise quote, but close enough.

It might help to understand that The Ferret Guy stalked Rudy's weekly radio show, insistently reducing all of life's great truths and troubles to whether or not a New Yorker should have the right to own a ferret.

In any case, it was the perfect response at the moment.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 07:07 pm
nimh wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
You have an excellent grasp on American politcs, but if you think SC is going to vote Blue and not Red in 2008 you are proving why a native understanding is so important

No, I dont really think SC is going to vote Dem. But if even in SC polls currently have the Dems ahead, well thats saying something, damn.

Good for you. Perhaps you can explain the situation to our friend Snood.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 11:07 pm
Is it just so obvious that it is beneath your effort, oh great Finn?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 12:15 am
snood wrote:

Great Finn?

Thank you.

You're not beneath my efforts Snoodly.

No one is.

I just figured that since, based on consistent prior experience, you were likely to disagree with, refute, bemoan, scratch at, and attempt to mock ( in that cute way you have) anything I write, it would be better for your edification if someone whom you trust (Nimh) explained it to you.

Don't you agree?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 08:58 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Great Finn?

Thank you.

No one is.

I just figured that since, based on consistent prior experience, you were likely to disagree with, refute, bemoan, scratch at, and attempt to mock ( in that cute way you have) anything I write, it would be better for your edification if someone whom you trust (Nimh) explained it to you.

Don't you agree?

I think that you're tapdancing, and won't answer a simple and direct question because you'll have trouble giving a convincing answer. Tell me in your own words, Finn- if SC is, and will for the near future remain intractably "red",why is that so?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 12:26 am
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Great Finn?

Thank you.

No one is.

Don't you agree?

I think that you're tapdancing, and won't answer a simple and direct question because you'll have trouble giving a convincing answer. Tell me in your own words, Finn- if SC is, and will for the near future remain intractably "red",why is that so?

History

Presidential Election Trends

SC would have been up there at 100% if not for the fact that Jimmy Carter was a Southern Born-Again Christian.

There is absolutely no reason to believe this trend will change.

I have no hope what-so-ever that anything I write or convey will convince you Snoodly.

But if you insist on believeing SC will go Democrat in 2008, let's discuss a wager.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 07:06 am
I never said it would become Democratic- that's just a weak attempt on your part at a strawman argument. I just wanted you to back up your statement, and I accept your answer, which is basically 'It will remain red because its always been red, and no one has convinced me it will change.'
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:19 am
nimh wrote:
Here, talking of hopeful trends..

Last month, Survey USA published a multi-state poll in which they pitted Hillary Clinton against three of the main Republican candidates, surveying standard-sized samples in each of 15 states.

The results were almost hard-to-believe positive - for Hillary.

As it happened, Rasmussen came out with two sets of polls days apart from each other just around the same time, which in total covered five states. And the results were just as positive.

So I decided to make a table of those results, to make visible just how large a shift in political preference is tentatively appearing on the horizon.

In the table below, I've paired up the poll results from Survey USA (green), Rasmussen (orange), and other state polls that have appeared in the meantime (in blue), for each of the hypothetical match-ups: Hillary vs Giuliani, Hillary vs Fred Thompson, and Hillary vs Romney.

The numbers are listed by state. The numbers you see listed are the margins of 'victory' (in blue) or 'defeat' (in orange) for Hillary. The margin of victory/defeat for Kerry against Bush are given on the left.

Click to enlarge (and you might have to click again in the window that opens for full size):

HILLARY VERSUS THE REPUBLICANS: WHAT STATE POLLS SAY

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7556/hillarymatchupsbystatejb8.th.png

I have an update to that graph. Based on poll info on how Hillary would match up against Giuliani, Fred Thompson and Romney in a general election right now, from again Survey USA, and Quinnipiac.

For instructions on how to read this graph, see the quoted post above.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4351/hillarystatematchupsoctqu8.png
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:46 am
Goodness
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:29 am
While I would prefer Gore, who has been right on everything, the country would do well to elect Hillary.
0 Replies