China Wants Its Own 'New World Order' To Oppose US Version

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:25 am
China Wants Its Own 'New World Order' To Oppose US Version

Read the full article here:
http://www.rense.com/general19/oppo.htm

SCO leaders pledge commitment to Fair World Order

www.chinaview.cn 2005-07-06 02:01:45

ASTANA, Kazakhstan, July 5 (Xinhuanet) -- Leaders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) on Tuesday pledged their commitment to a fair and rational world order.

Multilateral cooperation based on equality and mutual respect, non-interference in internal affairs of sovereign states, non-confrontation thinking and progressive movement toward democratization in international relations promote global peace and security, said a declaration of the leaders.

The leaders call upon the international community to go beyond the scope of ideology and different social systems, so as to create a new security concept based on mutual trust, mutual benefit, equality and coordination.

Diversity of cultures and civilizations in the world is a common human asset, and the right of all peoples to their own path of development should be fully respected, says the declaration.

The heads of state are convinced that a fair and rational worldorder should be based on strengthened mutual trust and good-neighborliness and on the establishment of a genuine partnership free from any claims to monopoly or dominance in international affairs, says the document.

They support necessary reforms of the United Nations to boost its efficiency and ensure its authority. However, it is essential to follow the principle of most broadly-based consensus through consultations, says the declaration. No deadline should be set and there should be no rush to voting on any draft proposal that lack consensus.

The leaders believe that the Asia-Pacific region will play an important role in securing global peace and development in the 21st century and that differences or disputes in the region should be solved peacefully through negotiations.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-07/06/content_3686435.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 406 • Replies: 2
No top replies

anton

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 06:44 pm
Excellent!
Some good news at last!
I do hope the paranoia driven US Administration sit up and take notice, the world has had enough their war mongering; they need to look inwards and stop believing their own fiction, perhaps instead of spending billions on invading and occupying other sovereign nations the money would be better spent giving their own citizens a decent health system?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:30 pm
I dont see how China or the world can achieve anything good as long as mass murderers like Blair and Bushie are walking around free. How upside down to have Blair acting as a "peace" negotiator in the ME after he helped lie us into war in Iraq. And Bushie is itching like never before to bomb Iran Things are so convoluted that powerful Americans are warning of false flag terrorist attacks by the Bushie administration followed by the bombing of Iran to rubble. Incredibly a former American NSA warned the Senate Intelligence Committee of just such false flag attacks. That's a piece of history I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
0 Replies