Public Nudity

Francis

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 10:57 am
Equus wrote:
...at what point does it become an unwelcome sexual assault?

Tell me about a case where sexual assault is welcome...
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 10:59 am
Gargamel wrote:
Boobies make me giggle.

However, boobies are very serious matters...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 12:44 pm
The theater seats or cafe' chairs... could be pretty gross.

Then there's the turning sideways to pass in a crowd and your hand hits weiner, or goes in someones crack as you shift your shoulder back to fit between folks...

Overall, I think we'd all adjust, stop wrecking and oogling each other if nudity were the norm. Might even make the special boobies that belong to the special gal in your life feel more important since there would no longer be any mystic about those that were previously covered.

Okay, lets all get naked right now. Right this minute, no matter where you are, just take it all off. If we all do it, no one will think we are weird. Okay?

REady, set.... NOW!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 12:46 pm
Brrrrrr!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 12:48 pm
http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/digitalvision/dv667/dv667025.jpg

Hey... I this is a little embarrassing. I probably shoulda waited about thirty more minutes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 01:01 pm
Dont worry lady

Wink

Im nude too..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 01:02 pm
well, that might not be fair as I am ALWAYS nude at home.
I hate clothes and it just feels better

we have a laundry basket close to the front door so that, when Jillian and I strip when we walk in, we can just dump them there and enjoy our day. Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
squin's funny and you're just plain weird, shewolfn...
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:03 pm
Re: Public Nudity
agrote wrote:
Is there any reason why public nudity should not be allowed?

Any reason??
I think this thread pretty much covers every single reason, and then some!
Shocked
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:06 pm
Back to squinney's comments, yeah, people get boobed all the time, and without clothes on, that's a lot of personal contact. I don't see how you can avoid touching each other in crowds... and say you're on the bus and it's lurching around...

You'd see a lot more cellulite than you want or need, too Laughing

And then there are the tats, moles, warts, scars, birthmarks, stretchmarks, hair ... well, you get the drift Smile

And if you think people smell with their clothes on...!!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:18 pm
Bennington, VT permitted public nudity on their city streets up until this summer. It was all well and good when it was just college women showing up on their summer vacations and wandering around topless. Once the 80 year old guys from AZ started showing up and wandering around nekid the it took about a week for the law to be changed. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:19 pm
I can say this......

there would be no more 'silent' farts
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:24 pm
That's funny, fishin, and you got that right, shewolfn.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:26 pm
fishin wrote:
Bennington, VT permitted public nudity on their city streets up until this summer. It was all well and good when it was just college women showing up on their summer vacations and wandering around topless. Once the 80 year old guys from AZ started showing up and wandering around nekid the it took about a week for the law to be changed. Laughing

Oh, sure. Discriminate just because a fellow can't remember where he put his shorts.....
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:29 pm
Doh! Sorry, it was Brattleboro, VT - not Bennington.

Boston Globe Article
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:31 pm
old europe wrote:
It's not natural. If we were meant to be nude, we would have been born that way.

+1
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 05:14 pm
Re: Public Nudity
happycat wrote:
agrote wrote:
Is there any reason why public nudity should not be allowed?

Any reason??
I think this thread pretty much covers every single reason, and then some!
Shocked

Does it really? Let's have a look at the reasons...

1. children

Public nudity should not be allowed because children. Well that doesn't make grammatical sense.

2. aesthetics

People mentioned skin cancer in strange places, people with colostomy bags, cellulite, tats, moles, warts, scars, birthmarks, stretchmarks and hair.

Are these things really uglier than obesity, facial disfigurement, or poor taste in clothing? If you do seem uglier, might that not be just because we aren't used to seeing them?

3. hygeine

We might have to change our habits. We could make public nudity legal, and then make it illegal to not keep yourself clean down under. But that might not be enough... perhaps underpants would have to be compulsory (although they could just hand out paper pants on the door at cinemas etc., so that you're free to walk to and from the cinema with your bits exposed.)

4. distraction

We'd get used to it.

5. cold weather

You'd still be allowed to wear clothes if you want to!

6. issues of sexual assault

We'd have to relax our attitudes towards genital contact, or contact with breasts etc. - it would be inevitable. But it would still be fairly obvious if somebody was deliberately groping somebody, or doing something worse. I'm not sure that the line between accidental contact and abuse would be too blurry.

--------------

So it appears that there are not many reasons why public nudity should remain illegal. I certainly can't see why toplessness should be illegal. And even full frontal nudity is something that I think we could adjust to (we could wear underpants for public seating).
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:06 pm
Omigod! Picturing a theatre full of adults -- naked except for cheap, throw-away skivvies. Picturing Starbucks patrons sipping esoteric coffee, reading the NYT, wearing nothing but tissue knickers.

"Is that for here, or to go, sir?"
"I'll have it here."
"One mochaccino coming up, and here's your complementary, compulsary, biodegradable, fair trade, made of 100% recycled banana leaf fibre, underwear. Sir. Enjoy."
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:25 pm
Tico wrote:
Omigod! Picturing a theatre full of adults -- naked except for cheap, throw-away skivvies. Picturing Starbucks patrons sipping esoteric coffee, reading the NYT, wearing nothing but tissue knickers.

"I'll have it here."
"One mochaccino coming up, and here's your complementary, compulsary, biodegradable, fair trade, made of 100% recycled banana leaf fibre, underwear. Sir. Enjoy."

(I'm glad the fibre is recycled and not the underwear Very Happy )
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:48 am
Tico wrote:

"I'll have it here."

Utopia!
0 Replies