0
   

Black Friday?

 
 
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 02:02 am
Black Friday?

Could be an interesting day on Wall street today.

Nikkei down over -850 pts (5%)

Hang Sang Down over -650 pts (3%)

Strait Times -150 pts (5%)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 771 • Replies: 15
No top replies

 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 06:15 am
Rolling Eyes Tells us how that impacts the US Markets?
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:17 am
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks soared Friday, propelling the Dow Jones industrials up more than 180 points, after the Federal Reserve, acknowledging that the stock market's plunge posed a threat to the economy, slashed its discount rate by a half percentage point.

Starting to feel stupid yet?
0 Replies
 
littlek
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:18 am
Um, today's just started, how can your last post be any indication of today's results?

And, if you pay attention to the stock market, ours often responds to those of other countries.
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:29 am
littlek wrote:
Um, today's just started, how can your last post be any indication of today's results?

And, if you pay attention to the stock market, ours often responds to those of other countries.


WOW, a financial wizard in our audience!!!!!

Check back at 4:00. OK? :wink:
0 Replies
 
littlek
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:30 am
Why is this topic one that instills antagonism in you? It's not a hot button issue. Why the angst?
0 Replies
 
easyasabc
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 09:18 am
Panic!
Uh, how much pure cash (foldin' money) can a client withdraw from his bank in one withdrawal? Anybody know?

I have CDs and my banker suggests I accept a cashier's check. Well, I want cash that I can bury in a tin can in my back yard until this forthcoming economic depression (reminiscent of the 1920s) is settled. I thought about converting it to a small piece of easy-to-manage platinum but the precious metal dealers won't actually send you the metal -- they want to issue you a "certificate" for that amount.
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 02:11 pm
HEY - 4:00

Up what...200?

Some Black Friday dope!
0 Replies
 
littlek
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:07 pm
woiyo, I don't know why I am even addressing you at all, but here goes. While I am no financial wizard, as you so kindly labeled me, this is how I see things:

1. Solve didn't declare that this was going to be another black day on Wall Street. And, while I'm at it, neither did I.

2. If Bernanke hadn't stepped in with emergency measures things wouldn't be so rosy.

Quote:
Aug. 17 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve lowered the interest rate it charges banks and acknowledged for the first time today that an extraordinary policy shift is needed..... The last time the Fed enacted emergency rate cuts was in 2001, first in reaction to the bursting Internet bubble and then in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Bloomberg.com
0 Replies
 
Roxxxanne
 
  1  
Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:30 pm
woiyo wrote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks soared Friday, propelling the Dow Jones industrials up more than 180 points, after the Federal Reserve, acknowledging that the stock market's plunge posed a threat to the economy, slashed its discount rate by a half percentage point.

Starting to feel stupid yet?


Perhaps, you should be the one feeling stupid after posting the stupid question questioning how a global meltdown could affect the US markets.

It is altogether possible that Fed moved because of the overseas slide.
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:55 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
woiyo wrote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks soared Friday, propelling the Dow Jones industrials up more than 180 points, after the Federal Reserve, acknowledging that the stock market's plunge posed a threat to the economy, slashed its discount rate by a half percentage point.

Starting to feel stupid yet?


Perhaps, you should be the one feeling stupid after posting the stupid question questioning how a global meltdown could affect the US markets.

It is altogether possible that Fed moved because of the overseas slide.


More than likely, it is extremely probable that you have no "effing" idea what you are talking about.

Media and financial markey movers LOVE to create panic, stupid people (like you), feed off it and react as if the world will end any moment.
0 Replies
 
talk72000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 09:38 pm
Darth War_dodger siphoned off $500 billion dollars out of the treasury for the war of profits for friends and family. The bushes have a financial interest in Kellog and Brown Roots, subsiduaries of Halliburton. Ontopofthat the war alienated Europeans, Arabs and Latin Americans so American products have no market in Europe, Middle East nor in Latin America. Only East Asia and military dictatorships offer a market for American goods. The dictatorships buy weapons. I only see an outflow of American money but little inflow into the treasury. American jobs are disappearing hence the mortgage defaults. Darth War_dodger is ruining the US economy.
0 Replies
 
Roxxxanne
 
  1  
Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:08 am
woiyo wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
woiyo wrote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks soared Friday, propelling the Dow Jones industrials up more than 180 points, after the Federal Reserve, acknowledging that the stock market's plunge posed a threat to the economy, slashed its discount rate by a half percentage point.

Starting to feel stupid yet?


Perhaps, you should be the one feeling stupid after posting the stupid question questioning how a global meltdown could affect the US markets.

It is altogether possible that Fed moved because of the overseas slide.


More than likely, it is extremely probable that you have no "effing" idea what you are talking about.

Media and financial markey movers LOVE to create panic, stupid people (like you), feed off it and react as if the world will end any moment.


Actually, it is not only more than probable that I know what I am talking about but a fact as I was a broker in a previous life.

As an investor, mainly fixed income, I don't feed off of alarmist crap like this, I am only pointing out your obvious ignorance.

When the market was reaching record highs, I posted that this was a counter trend rally in a cyclical bull market within a secular bear market. In layman's terms, the bull was short term, the bear is long term. The secular bear market began in early 2000 and continues today. Secular bears typically last 7-14 years.

Primarily, I have been out of the market but I did a small play on the cubes shortly after 9/11 and cashed in near the NASDAQ high. I still have some of my profits on the table (House money) that I will leave in long term and I have some in the VTSMX. Other than that, I am in fixed.
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 06:02 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
woiyo wrote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks soared Friday, propelling the Dow Jones industrials up more than 180 points, after the Federal Reserve, acknowledging that the stock market's plunge posed a threat to the economy, slashed its discount rate by a half percentage point.

Starting to feel stupid yet?


Perhaps, you should be the one feeling stupid after posting the stupid question questioning how a global meltdown could affect the US markets.

It is altogether possible that Fed moved because of the overseas slide.


More than likely, it is extremely probable that you have no "effing" idea what you are talking about.

Media and financial markey movers LOVE to create panic, stupid people (like you), feed off it and react as if the world will end any moment.


Actually, it is not only more than probable that I know what I am talking about but a fact as I was a broker in a previous life.

As an investor, mainly fixed income, I don't feed off of alarmist crap like this, I am only pointing out your obvious ignorance.

When the market was reaching record highs, I posted that this was a counter trend rally in a cyclical bull market within a secular bear market. In layman's terms, the bull was short term, the bear is long term. The secular bear market began in early 2000 and continues today. Secular bears typically last 7-14 years.

Primarily, I have been out of the market but I did a small play on the cubes shortly after 9/11 and cashed in near the NASDAQ high. I still have some of my profits on the table (House money) that I will leave in long term and I have some in the VTSMX. Other than that, I am in fixed.


You're so called explanation is idiotic and I can see why your no longer a "tout" for the market. Any moron can be a "broker", just look at any Merrill Lynch office and you'll see touts. My guess is your no more successful picking race horses than you are stocks.
0 Replies
 
paull
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:31 pm
Come on, this is a tout if you've ever seen one:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/1104086536_m.jpg
0 Replies
 
Roxxxanne
 
  1  
Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 05:22 pm
Get Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting that there are so many disturbed individuals on the net fixated on me, this particular disturbed person is violating his agreement with photobucket by posting my pictures on his site.

Of course, considering what else he has posted there, I can't blame him.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/banghead.gif
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/sign0104.gif
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/bartsimpson.gif
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/IMG_3333.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/IMG_3201.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/IMG_3207.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/IMG_3210.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/paul0660/IMG_3330.jpg
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Black Friday?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 12/02/2021 at 04:45:38