"Interesting" concoctions

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 05:58 pm
Tonight I was craving.... something. Pasta sounded good, as did the smoked sausage sitting in the fridge. I decided to combine them... but combine them how, and with what?

I boiled some bowtie pasta, browned slices of the smoked sausage and threw in a jar of store-bought baked beans. Um.... in was "interesting". The sauce from the beans was sort of sweet. The sausage was smoky and salty. The pasta was, well... pasta.

I give it a C+ to B-

There are leftovers, if anyone is interested. The price is right.

What crazy and/or interesting concoctions have you whipped together? How were they?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,358 • Replies: 3
No top replies

barrythemod

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 10:29 pm
This is easy but takes a few days to prepare.
Take one large melon and jam a plastic funnel into it.Pour,bit by bit,a regular bottle of Vodka into the funnel until fully absorbed.Cut into slices and serve,to adults only,at your next bar-b-q Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 10:41 pm
Monday usually is (was) the day here, where Sunday's lunch is 'recycled'.

So today I'll prepare a potatoe gratin, with stripes of steak, add cauliflower and broccoli (all from yesterday), 'seasoned' with some bacon and smoked ham.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:08 pm
You were almost there, JBP. I use leftover garlicky, grilled and diced smoked kielbasa (or kubasa in Canada) with a good quality jarred sauce, over rotini. Makes a happy meal for Mr. M., who loves his pasta.

By the way, I'm making Portuguese stone soup this week. Made sure to get all the ingredients. Yummm ...
0 Replies