Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 09:07 am
Does anyone watch this show with Anthony Bourdain? I love it, he gets to travel to all these great locations and eat good food. I swear I always get super hungry after watching it..well sometimes I do and I always want to travel too.

Anyone else watch it?

boomerang

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 09:21 am
I love that show! He's such a smart-ass.

I really like that the show is not all high society and expensive restaurants.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 06:46 am
Anthony Bourdain describes his outrage over the tacts taken at Travel Channel.

Fighting Mad
ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:20 pm
@JPB,
Good read (I've liked him a long time now), and glad he's complaining.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 06:08 am
Bourdain committed suicide today.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 10:30 am
@Lash,
Sad really. However, a friend of mine who knew Bourdain had some other observations about the guy hen they were together in Viet Nm 2 yer ago.
He was my third fav tv chef after Julia and Alton Brown. He seemed to be the kind of guy youd like to hang out with nd could get into some really net trouble with enough alcohol.

"Hey I wonder whether we could get that Mini Cooper into th elevator?)
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 04:02 pm
@farmerman,
nobody like the man? Dayum! Id expect few RIP's from the crowd
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 04:11 pm
I never saw his show. RIP
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 04:17 pm
@farmerman,
I’m very surprised, too. He was my favorite public figure left standing. I’ve decided how I’m going to assimilate losing him.

I’ve taken a position back in the classroom after two years of relatively easier educational work. I’ve been trying to select notable Americans in history for my wall — pictures to frame — quotes to put with the pics that have social and educational resonance. I have my field now: Malcolm ( with his Muslim name, too), Bobby Kennedy, Cesar Chavez, Maya Angelou, Sojourner Truth, Anthony Bourdain.

One of the most difficult things for young readers to do is read from a point of view that differs from their own. We are all so egocentric — unless we exert ourselves to see from other’s perspectives. Tony’s quotes are full of the value of looking at things from other POVs. He’ll be on my walls among people he respected, his words will be known by a new generation, abc I’ll be quietly happy to see his face among the others.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 01:20 am
It appears that after supporting his gf through the Weinstein mess, and revitalizing her former career, she cuddled up, kissed, and held hands through Rome with a dude half Bourdain’s age.

Eric Ripert told close friends who leaked to press that Bourdain shut off social media when he saw the pictures, and finally hung himself.

She could have at least been more discreet.
0 Replies