The 80th sashay through the Rainforest!

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 10:33 am
Dan, the adminstration conveniently changed the rules, aided and abetted by the Supreme Court - from the 'election' to present day. The people of Iraq will never recover from gwb's 'democracy' - the rich of America and the few families that control the wealth of the nation benefit.

Heartbreaking are American troops dieing for gwb's lies - the countless Iraqi citizens destroyed for a few barrels of oil and corporate greed. Worse than shameful.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 10:53 am
Very nice photo, Dan. A distinguished career you can be proud of. Smile

Gosh, I can't recall the last girls night out gathering...wait... Embarrassed

never mind

Dan, and ehBeth ~ hope you both have a joyous meeting with friends and family. Have fun!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 11:15 am
Oh my goodness. Danon, in that photo you could be the twin of my best friend's oldest child Shocked

~~~

Set, the dogs and I had a great morning at the beach. I'm on doggie lunch duty - the broth is perking - and both of the dogs have passed out from their adventuring.

~~~

clicked

aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,806,169.0 square feet! 64.418 acres
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 06:17 pm
Autumn rains began...kittens n' Stradee watching movies, prepared a green bean casserole, mashed potoatoes for dinner and pie for dessert. A dear friend i haven's seen in months and i chatted today.

Guys, good thoughts for another friends daughter who after a car accident is still in a coma - three days now. Please send prayers.

Thanks ~
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 02:25 am
Sorry to hear that, Stradee. I hope, everything will work out fine!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 02:26 am
Posted this already on another thread - but here's the place for it, too:

Although the fall colors of autumn haven't started sweeping very much across this part of the country .... snce it's the first day of autumn today, an early morning view from today:

http://i5.tinypic.com/4v47wo4.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/6b1g6qa.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 02:26 am
And in the afternoon, join us for some music and cake at the 'apple fest' here :wink:

http://i12.tinypic.com/6gdmy6h.jpg

http://i15.tinypic.com/6c8fino.jpg
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 02:29 pm
Lovely photos, Walter. The Fall season is just beginning here also, just a tinge of color, but we have had rain for the past few days - and light winds transfering dust from the pine forest to you guessed it - the yards, landscaping, porches and birdfeeders. The vacuum cleaner and I are joined at the hip! ahchoo!

Alicia is still in critical condition, but is following with her eyes the movements of her mom who hasn't left Alicia's bedside since the accident. Family and friends gather daily in support of Alicia, her mom, dad, and brother who are hopeful as we all are, their daughters recovery will be swift. Praying and sending good thoughts. Thanks, Walter.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:05 pm
Sending good healing thoughts toward Alicia and her family.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 07:12 pm
Same here Stradee, thinking and saying prayer for Alicia. Hoping all will be well.

Walter, great photos!! I can smell the photos....... Great. I also see in the distance the wind generators. That's a good thing. Wishing I could be there for a taste. MMMMMMMM

ehBeth, the photo was taken during my senior year in high school - at the time I was very active in training horses and riding in rodeos around this part of TX and LA. Just today, I was fast forwarding through the movie "8 Seconds" to watch another movie behind it - when I recalled an event that happened about a year before the photo in uniform was taken. At rodeos - the bulls are named and "usually" they perform the same way approximately each time they are turned loose with a rider in the arena. Well, the clowns are usually the ones who know how the bulls react - and, this one night I was on a bull the clown told me to avoid after riding because it would turn and attack the rider. I said thanks for the info. Got ready - told the guys to open the gate and went for a ride. I did well and heard the 8 second buzzer sound - I then bailed off the bull and started running for the fence - which was about eight feet high, solid boards. I hit the board about midway up from the bottom and vaulted over the top at the same time I heard the bull slam into the fence at full speed. The clown was right.
Another time, the clown had told me the bull I had drawn would - when the gate opened, buck two times straight out toward the middle of the arena and then turn left sharply and buck around the side of the arena. No problem - I thought....... I sat down on the animal and after I was good to go - motioned the gate men. After two great jumps toward the center of the arena - I leaned left in expectation of the turn the clown told me about. What I saw was the umpires black and white striped shirt as he hit the bulls nose with his clipboard that he kept score on.......Needless to say I and the bull separated and it wasn't a good nights riding. But, the clown had been right except for the unforseeable umpire misguiding the bull in the wrong direction.

Such is life - you do the best you can - and next time - do the best you can.

Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 08:28 am
Ah, beginning another week. Seems only yesterday we were doing the same thing - where does the time go?

all clicked for everyone here and there
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 12:33 pm
You guys are the best!

{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Alicia's blood pressure was stabalized after four hours of surgery yesterday.

Thanks so much for your good thoughts and healing prayers. Extrodinary is the a2k network of good souls. So appreciated.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 04:41 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,806,730.9 square feet! 64.430 acres

~~~

Crazy hot weather again. Region Philbis is in SUCH trouble.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:07 am
Danon, your smile and your eyes haven't changed.
More stories, please.

Stradee, I hope Alicia is feeling better every day.

Walter,
you captured the fall feeling. Early morning mist, then sunshine.

Class and I were out in the vineyards, helping harvesting the grapes.
[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/571/img1383di1.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 04:44 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,806,988.4 square feet! 64.436 acres

~~~

almost time to head out to dance class

where has the year gone?
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 05:52 pm
It's gone into the history category, ehBeth..... Very Happy

During that time I think I must have been in a coma - I can't remember the time...... Shocked

I, MA, my Ma and the kids have all clicked.

ul, you like the "old West" stories??? I have many. Very Happy Very Happy All true of course......
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 07:24 pm
ul, where did you go? Oh,how I'd love to go to Durnstein just about now!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:30 pm
Alicia's still in a coma, but we are hopeful, thanks ul.

Georgous Autumn weather, maples starting to turn colors of red and orange, lily, birch, liquid ambers, heavenly bamboo, beginning to nod and yawn - preparing for another cold winter.

Dinner, movies, grooming babies...

Free day tomorrow hurray!

Where does the time go??? past... {grin}
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 09:08 pm
I love future history - it requires the SIX P's =

"Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

BAG = big assed grin..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:33 am