The 80th sashay through the Rainforest!

Amigo

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 10:35 pm
danon5 wrote:
Donkey is good - Very Happy

Originally, it came from Pres. A. Jackson - who, being the A'hole he was, was referred to - in the paper - as a "Jack Ass"...... Shocked

He loved it - and adopted the donkey as his party symbol...... :wink:

True story.

Rolling Eyes

Clicked all around.
I didn't know that. That's interesting.

Click http://rainforest.care2.com
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:45 am
Yep, the Pres. Jackson was not a nice guy. You should read about him. His meanest action IMHO was defying the US Supreme Courts decision to leave the Cherokee Indians alone - but, because gold had been discovered in N Georgia - he forced the Native Americans to walk to Oklahoma - The now infamous "Trail of Tears" that killed thousands. The Cherokee at that time had adopted American ways and lived just like any other Amercan - some in brick homes, same American clothing and, had become Christians, developed newspapers and a written language. They even appealed the initial advances of US troops through the courts instead of fighting with weapons. They appealed all the way to the US Supreme Court - who sided with them. Jackson then ignored the highest courts decision and ordered the Army to force the Cherokee off the land and march to Oklahoma...... A shamefull thing in US history.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:59 am
Ohhhh man, that really sucks. It's like exchanging violence for money. Thats what it equates to. I hope their is some sort of justice in the afterlife

Click Sad
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:02 am
Reading, clicking, fighting the first sinusitis of this term. Far too early, I was scheduled for a sinus operation at the end of this week, now I have to wait again. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:26 am
owie, ul Sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 05:53 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,804,342.7 square feet!

~~~

definitely too early for winter respiratory troubles Evil or Very Mad

~~~

64.375 acres
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:20 pm
Double yur vitamins, wildclickers!

Weathers awsome, but temp changes arn't great - allergies, sinus, etc.

Wildlifes busy foraging for the winter - hawks migrating - deer pellets disappearing quickly. Last Autums deer family {plus one} munching pellets faster than trips to the feed store! Shocked

Kitten vitamins, extra meals and grooming...

Yard maintenance, vehicle check, house prep - yep, Autumn.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:17 pm
Amigo wrote:
Ohhhh man, that really sucks. It's like exchanging violence for money. Thats what it equates to. I hope their is some sort of justice in the afterlife

Click Sad

Sort of like - - - If you really think about it - - - what's going on NOW!!!

Even Greenspan has recently said, "The Iraq War was about the OIL."

Go Figure - - - Who's is the OIL BUSINESS!!

The BUSH FAMILY for a start - - - there are uncountable more.

Our Pres. "Dubya" is the only explorer for oil that was GIVEN a FREE rein to drill for OIL in the MIDDLE EAST that after almost TWO years - - - Didn't find any. Duhhh......He's a hammered **** for brains that has been a failure all his life. He has failed miserably at every opportunity GIVEN to him by his father. He never succeeded at any company that his family gave him. He is truely a CHEERLEADER at nothing. ((He was a cheerleader at his college.))

ul, owie, also - like Stradee. For many years I thouht I had a sinus problem - at last I was tested for allergies...... That was it - and after some treatment I am sooooo much better. The signs of the disorder are so much the same. It is hard to diagnose at first. I'm sure you have already searched that avenue.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:13 pm
The world will stop.

80 days!
From 9/20 to 12/8 there is the
Monterrey Forum in Mexico.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 01:20 pm
Thanks for your thoughts- feeling better already Smile
There is surgery in my future, some bones are too long Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 08:25 pm
home from bellydancing class and clicked!

www.care2.com

~~~

aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,804,600.3 square feet! 64.381 acres
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 08:47 am
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,804,811.0 square feet!

~~~

64.385 acres
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 08:07 pm
ul, your bones are perfect - I've seen and felt them (the hug with your husband there, of course.) You are a most gratious hostess and your husband is a grand man.

However, keep consulting the doctor.

ehBeth, thanks for the updates - - - that's a chore, I know.... You are the greatest..... Very Happy

And, thanks for the link - double WOW!!

The MA and I have clicked.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:44 am
Early clicks today.

Morn'n all.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 04:53 pm
ul, hang in there! ahchoo...

Dan, do you recall my mentioning gm seed??? course you do...

The administration and Monsanto = Twisted Evil

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/092007N.shtml
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:31 pm
back from dance class

~~~

time to click

~~~

aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,805,396.3 square feet!

~~~

64.399 acres

~~~

staying in the dance mood listening to Hakim and Olga Tanon doing an Egyptian/Spanish/techno version of Habibi ya

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g7x99syHaNk
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 05:23 pm
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,805,630.4 square feet!

~~~

ahhhhhh, the weekend

tomorrow, I'm having a girls' night out. we're going to a middle eastern/greek restaurant, and will cheer on one of my instructors when she dances

(danon, sure wish you could join us!)

~~~

64.405 acres
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 06:01 pm
OMG, Stradee, that is horrible. There should be some criminal connection with the Administration on this issue..... It's all about the money. Just the same reason we are in Iraq - the money. War means really big bucks to the already rich people here in America. It's we poor people who give it to them and our blood with it. Damn Shame.

Oh, ehBeth. I love Greek dining. Great food. And, the company - Heaven...... Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 07:45 pm
Hey, Yo, I just found a picture I thought was lost. I joined the US Marines in 1960 at 17 yrs old.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4502/usmcinhighschoolyx4.jpg

That was a real experience. I later was DRAFTED into the US Army during the later 60's - and, after about 10 or 12 yrs decided to stay in service to the USA and retire. That happened in 1986.

Ahhh, the good days when, as the author of a book about Vietnam said, "We were soldiers, and young." Later, the movie left out the 'and young' part.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 08:34 am
Early Sat morn - clicked and heading out for a family reunion. This one on my Dad's side of the family.
0 Replies