Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 06:06 pm
brainwash that garbage in
GIGO works both ways Wilso.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:43 pm
Wilso wrote:
hankarin wrote:
Another athiest has eradicated God from his own mind. That is Good. Makes it easier for God to know whose side your on. (Romans 1:18-20)

Atheists wouldn't need to eradicate gods from their mind if child abusing parents and preachers didn't brainwash that garbage in there to begin with.
How comforting to know that atheists do not abuse children.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:07 am
Re: brainwash that garbage in
hankarin wrote:
GIGO works both ways Wilso.

I guess there are two choices.

One is to indoctrinate children into ridiculous immature fantasies of omnipotent fairies, and fire and brimstone.

And the other, is to not.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:09 am
neologist wrote:
Wilso wrote:
hankarin wrote:
Another athiest has eradicated God from his own mind. That is Good. Makes it easier for God to know whose side your on. (Romans 1:18-20)

Atheists wouldn't need to eradicate gods from their mind if child abusing parents and preachers didn't brainwash that garbage in there to begin with.
How comforting to know that atheists do not abuse children.

Indoctrinating children into religion IS child abuse.
Scaring children with a made up hell IS child abuse.
Refusing a life saving blood transfusion to a child who hasn't been given the opportunity to choose for themselves IS murder.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 05:58 am
I've never said that atheists have not abused children. That was a very pathetic attempt to derail my valid assertion on the incredible damage done by the ridiculous delusion of religious superstition.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 09:54 am
Wilso wrote:
I've never said that atheists have not abused children. That was a very pathetic attempt to derail my valid assertion on the incredible damage done by the ridiculous delusion of religious superstition.
You are quite right.

Mea maxima culpa.

But no more pathetic than your sophomoric one size fits all one liners.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 05:17 pm
neologist wrote:

But no more pathetic than your sophomoric one size fits all one liners.

That's because the truth of the lunacy hurts so much!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 07:42 pm
<stands shoulder to shoulder with wilso>
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:05 pm
I am not offended by disbelief or scorn. But, then again, I don't count.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:45 pm
dadpad wrote:
<stands>

Thanks. Seems I don't have many allies in these "discussions". But then I'm not big on discussing when it comes to religion. I tend to become as rabid as believers.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 11:33 pm
Expertly understated
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 07:52 pm
Indoctrinating children into false religion IS child abuse.

"Yes children there is a Santa Clause."

"Yes children there is an Easter Bunny."

"Yes children there is a Sand Man."

"Yes children there is a tooth fairy."

True religion, as Jesus taught it, brings no harm to others. (Matthew 7:12)

Other good advice is found at Matthew 7:1-5. Let God be the judge. He will soon enough. (Revelation 14:6, 7)
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 08:03 pm
Seems I don't have many allies in these "discussions&qu
I am sure you have more people on your side than you can imagine. They are probably less vocal though. Discussion may not change many peoples thinking or positions, but sometimes people are at least exposed to different views. (Acts 17:32-34)
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 08:48 pm
hankarin wrote:
Indoctrinating children into false religion IS child abuse.

"Yes children there is a Santa Clause."

"Yes children there is an Easter Bunny."

"Yes children there is a Sand Man."

"Yes children there is a tooth fairy."

True religion, as Jesus taught it, brings no harm to others. (Matthew 7:12)

Other good advice is found at Matthew 7:1-5. Let God be the judge. He will soon enough. (Revelation 14:6, 7)

At least we are honest to the child at age 13. We tell them it's actually us putting presents under the tree, eggs in the yard, and coins under their pillow.

Religon has yet to show such honesty.

T
K
O
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 09:29 pm
Religon has yet to show such honesty.
As parents most of us knowingly pass on "harmless" fairy tails (untruths) to our children. We later realize that they will "catch on" and so tell them the truth. No harm done? Personally, I think the little white lies we tell are youth make false religion so easy to swallow, along with acceptance of lying politicians and corrupt business men, a whole crooked system of things. (Philippians 2:15, 16)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 09:40 pm
"False religion" is the only religion.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 09:49 pm
Re: Religon has yet to show such honesty.
hankarin wrote:
As parents most of us knowingly pass on "harmless" fairy tails (untruths) to our children. We later realize that they will "catch on" and so tell them the truth. No harm done? Personally, I think the little white lies we tell are youth make false religion so easy to swallow, along with acceptance of lying politicians and corrupt business men, a whole crooked system of things. (Philippians 2:15, 16)

If Christians are mad about the presence of the easter bunny and Santa Claus, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Serves them right if you ask me. they co-opted the holidays in the first place. I see it quite fit that they have to deal the the incontinuity.

You bolded "no harm done" as if I said that, but the truth is that I didn't. However, thinking about it if I had to put the harm done by the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy up against just one of the offences that religion has brought man (say for argument sake: the crusades.), I'd be willing to bet that religions like Christianity have turned harming the world into a science. A bunny, a fat man, and a woman with a bag of molars wouldn't stand a chance.

T
K
O
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 10:46 pm
I have often stated that non believers have no need to create straw men when they are supplied in such abundance by the clergy.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 02:10 pm
Quote:
If Christians are mad about the presence of the easter bunny and Santa Claus, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Serves them right if you ask me. they co-opted the holidays in the first place. I see it quite fit that they have to deal the the incontinuity.

are you guys saying that santa and the easter bunny aren't real. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 04:41 pm
You bolded "no harm done" as if I said that
Not meant to be taken that way. It was my emphasis. The only disagreement we might have is that "apostate Christians" adopted them.
0 Replies