How One American Evolved into a "Holocaust Denier"

Zippo

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 04:31 pm
How One American Evolved into a "Holocaust Denier"

How does one go from believing the world is flat to accepting that it is really round? How does one cast off decades of what is assumed to be "gospel" and develop an entirely opposite world view? And how does a layman resist and overcome the calumny associated with the acceptance and espousing of a very different and unpopular viewpoint? After all, many honest academics and others have lost their jobs and had their livelihoods ruined because they dared to openly question the story. Unlike all other historical events, this is one that has been deemed "beyond question" and "beyond debate." Who has deemed it so and why? THAT is what you need to know, that you might understand just why this subject is so sacred and unapproachable by honest research.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 606 • Replies: 15
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:32 pm
It will be a real shame when the last survivor actually dies. Nutjobs like this will continue spewing their stupidity.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:43 pm
mcg :
you sure said it right - but perhaps a little politely !
as you said , unfortunately there'll always be some demented beings - i won't use the word "human" - that will forever deny the holocaust .
i wonder what they would say if they were shown the remains of the concentration camps - they'd probably still deny it !
hbg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:23 pm
Quote:
After all, many honest academics and others have lost their jobs and had their livelihoods ruined because they dared to openly question the story.
. When a long ton of forensic evidence, exhumed bodies, still living survivors with numerals on their bodies with corresponding death camp records. When stories told by Russian and US troops are all compiled into one or more series of volumes and presented along with the miles of photographic footage and motion picture film are successfully rebutted by these "HONEST ACADEMICS" maybe we can have a true debate.

SO far , all the "honest" academics Ive heard from are one bootstring away from being Neo Nazis themselves. Name one "honest" academic whose historiography challenges the authenticity of the Holocaust stories

These folks rely on the "one generation removed" phenomenon to recast the truth and practice their own brands of revisionism. They will die too, and be forgotten , like all the other "revisionist historians" of the past.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:24 pm
Psst, we didnt land on the moon also, Pass it on.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:27 pm
Focussing on those that promulgate Holocaust Denial is a bit of a red herring, I believe. What I'd rather have aired for public view are candid opinions, made right after WWII, that as bad as the Nazis were, at least they got rid of the Jews! I believe that might just be too much candidness for people to accept. And that would be "denied." However, I believe it was said more than once in many a European country that, before WWII, had a large Jewish population.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:30 pm
farmerman wrote:
Psst, we didnt land on the moon also, Pass it on.

We didnt...?
Damn,that means I have to get rid of my moonlanding bedsheets.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:45 pm
Quote:
that you might understand just why this subject is so sacred and unapproachable by honest research.

Another such subject, equally sacred and unapproachable by honest research...

the deleterious effects on crop yield when the ground where the crops are planted have been walked on by a woman during menstruation.

Why are academics so reluctant or even frightened to voice any opinion on this subject which strays from the accepted version of the 'truth'?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:48 pm
no study bad juju.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 08:01 pm
I've never understood how anyone can say the Holacaust didn't happen.

It wasn't that long ago. There is proof, and there are still people alive that lived through it.

It's like someone 60 years from now saying that the WTC towers were never there and never fell on 9/11.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 08:26 pm
Pssst, dont get Zippo going on 9/11. Hell try to make you believe that it was all Dick Cheney and his band of Merry Men.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 08:45 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 08:58 pm
I wonder if those who subscribe to Holocaust Denial have a reason to take that position? I've never heard it said why a Holocaust Denier takes that position? What causes Holocaust Denial?
Am I wrong, or is Holocaust Denial outlawed in Germany. That really says a lot. I don't think the Nazis denied the Holocaust. They tended to say they were following orders, I thought.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 10:02 pm
Foofie wrote:
Am I wrong, or is Holocaust Denial outlawed in Germany. That really says a lot.

In Europe, Holocaust denial is explicitly illegal in 14 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Switzerland.

I'm not getting what "lot" that says.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 02:05 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Foofie wrote:

In Europe, Holocaust denial is explicitly illegal in 14 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Switzerland.

I didn't know that Israel was in Europe? Laughing
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 07:10 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Foofie wrote:

I was talking colloquially. I would think that if it's outlawed in a European country, that country's government considers Holocaust denial too far from existing evidence to be acceptable (considering it occurred in Europe). In effect, the government is saying it did happen, end of story.

Also, Israel is not part of Europe. But there are Jews of European descent in Israel. Also, Christianity predominates Europe (at least historically); it started in Israel. There seems to be an historical connection?

I wonder if Holocaust denial falls under the main heading of all types of denial beliefs: The world is only a few thousand years old; man did not evolve from apes; intelligence is based on race; even to the absurd - blondes have more fun. Not that these "denial beliefs" are related, but they can all be put in a list of "what humans might deny."

I also wonder if any Holocaust deniers also believe the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is an authentic document? There are parts of the world, today, where that fabrication (by the Czars secret police in the 19th century) is read as an authentic historical document.

Apparently as sentient beings, some people don't always accept the evidence that is irrefutable to most people?
0 Replies