Stop bickering like children and stay on the topics

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:41 am
JPB wrote:
Wow, Gary. Aren't you a real ball of fun?

Laughing Exclamation
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:48 am
Re: Stop bickering like children and stay on the topics
Gary Slusser wrote:
atwnsw wrote:
I have been going to able2know for the past month and every time I see a thread of interest, it is dominated by slander between H20man, Justalurker and Gary Slusser.

I am not a moderator but just somebody who wants to learn. If the purpose of this board is to allow slander, accusations and insults under the Home Improvement section, then I am obviously in the wrong board.

If the purpose is to intelligently add suggestions and commentary, then please focus the responses to the original poster and not to each other.

I really don't care anymore and think that it makes all of you come across as petty. I think you may all have conviction in your beliefs and I think it is great but stop at insulting the other person.

Or, do it via email and leave the rest of us out of it.

Just my .02

My opinion. I've answered your posts on my forum and here. I've answered your email. I believe we spoke on the phone early last week (if not you someone else from Tampa), probably on my dime. And you bitch!

If it's because you receive an mail when someone replies in the thread, you can turn that 'feature' off in your profile.

Otherwise I suggest you learn how to become more handy around the house instead of trying to tell us how to post.

If you have another question, ask it and it will be answered.

I see you asked another question on another forum now.

justalurker answered you there with IMO some bad advice but did he have anything to do with your bitching and going to another forum?

As I said in another thread answering atwnsw's question...

justalurker wrote:
If they don't explain things to your satisfaction that is a good indicator of how you'll be treated after the sale.

Better to see someone's true character (or lack of it) BEFORE sending him money.

atwnsw,

Some people take the time to answer your questions, regardless of what forum you ask your questions in, and are just trying to help you but NOT trying to sell you anything. You might appreciate their efforts and not criticize them for trying to help you rather than to help themselves.

Motive may be the single most important consideration when evaluating FREE ADVICE. When FREE ADVICE ends in a sale then you paid for the FREE advice and that advice served the seller not the buyer.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 08:12 pm
justalurker wrote:
Some people take the time to answer your questions, regardless of what forum you ask your questions in, and are just trying to help you but NOT trying to sell you anything. You might appreciate their efforts and not criticize them for trying to help you rather than to help themselves.

Bad free advice is worse than no advice. You sell ideas for your own gain without telling him or others of your agenda.

justalurker wrote:
Motive may be the single most important consideration when evaluating FREE ADVICE. When FREE ADVICE ends in a sale then you paid for the FREE advice and that advice served the seller not the buyer.

Your motive is to prevent people from buying from me and then you give bad advice. When I give advice it's accurate, if the person buys a softener from me they get the softener and me to take care of them when needed.

You've been giving bad advice two years the end of this month; since you got your feelings hurt when you disrupted my forum and you said you'd do your best to stop people from buying from me. I've been giving accurate advice since Jan 1997 and have been selling online since Sept 2003.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:09 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
I've been giving accurate advice since Jan 1997 and have been selling online since Sept 2003.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:22 pm
Just wondering out loud whether the TOS section C is being breached. Confused
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:22 pm
Intrepid wrote:

You mean this section:

"The Postings shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, other websites, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial) unless you have been granted an exception by the site administrators. The determination of what consitutes a violation of this rule is determined exclusively by Able2Know."
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 11:01 pm
And while your at it

Stop bickering like children.

I direst this comment in particular at Garry Slusser.

Everything seems fine and happy until you show up Gary.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:02 am
dadpad wrote:

Correct, this section of A2K was fine and happy prior to 02 Mar 2007.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 06:11 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Correct, this section of A2K was fine and happy prior to 02 Mar 2007.

Stop this bickering now!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:04 am
Quite frankly, I wouldnt purchase anything from anyone who would sit online and post petty arguements with their competition.

That means you have too much time on your hands, and are in a hurry to 'out sell' someone.

No thanks. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:15 am
What would you know wolfwoman.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 08:32 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

You mean this section:

"The Postings shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, other websites, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial) unless you have been granted an exception by the site administrators. The determination of what consitutes a violation of this rule is determined exclusively by Able2Know."

Yeah. That's the one.

How ya doin Tico?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 10:52 pm
I'm doing good, 'Trep. You? How's your water? Soft or hard?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 04:27 am
Doin good. My water is just right.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:12 am
There should not be much of an issue when it comes to professionalism and mutual respect for colleagues as well as the competition.

Readers can, nay, must determine who speaks with integrity and respect. Let those who wish to use underhanded techniques, demeaning tones, and pejorative attacks dig their own graves.

It really doesn't take much to see who wishes to help others as opposed to those who wish to elevate themselves, especially at the expense of others.

Often, ignoring such persons is the best method...when in doubt or under attack, report it as forum abuse and let the moderators manage the environment for the benefit of those who are sincere. No need to feed the fire as some thrive on bad attention more then no attention.

Andy Christensen, CWS
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:55 pm
Andy CWS wrote:
There should not be much of an issue when it comes to professionalism and mutual respect for colleagues as well as the competition.

Readers can, nay, must determine who speaks with integrity and respect. Let those who wish to use underhanded techniques, demeaning tones, and pejorative attacks dig their own graves.

It really doesn't take much to see who wishes to help others as opposed to those who wish to elevate themselves, especially at the expense of others.

Often, ignoring such persons is the best method...when in doubt or under attack, report it as forum abuse and let the moderators manage the environment for the benefit of those who are sincere. No need to feed the fire as some thrive on bad attention more then no attention.

Andy Christensen, CWS

Hello Andy. You post here very infrequently and it seems most of those posts lately are negative. Would you care to tell the group our history?

BTW, here's a link to what jespah, admin here, said about this type thing a few months ago.
http://tinyurl.com/ynvojk
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 05:01 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:

Hello Andy. You post here very infrequently and it seems most of those posts lately are negative.

I have never seen a negative post by Andy - Never.
0 Replies

justalurker

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 05:28 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
I have never seen a negative post by Andy - Never.

Andy is water powered, non-electric, so he has no negative. :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 06:53 am
I never bicker. I just express my disagreement floridly and with meditative repetivity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:47 am
OK, nimh, that wins one of my rare uses of a Laughing
0 Replies