support our troops?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 09:11 am
roger, You have the right take on this issue; the congress must be responsible for funding all government services, but the president's budget also controls it. Bush is the ultimate decision maker, and he's responsible for the "cuts" in veteran's services knowing full well the increased demand while engaging in this no-end/no-win war.

More veterans are speaking out against this war; some no longer see it as a war for American interests. They are beginning to wonder who's interest they're dying and getting lifelong injuries for.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 09:56 am
dyslexia wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Like I just said in another thread...

Neither I nor any other wounded vet that I know has had any problems getting whatever help we needed from the VA.
My medical care has been exemplary,and nobody I know has any complaints about the quality of their medical care.

Due to ashholes; I have avoided posting about Vietnam, I regret posting what I did above.

Exactly what did I say that caused you to make that response?
I wasnt criticizing you or your experience,nor was I making light about it.
I was simply making a statement aboout MY dealings with the VA.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:38 am
Dyslexia - you of course know that my old name was no longer available on this forum when I came back after some years' absence, so I had to take this new one, but perhaps you don't know that this account is relatively new and, while I can read incoming PMs, I can't answer them yet.

Sorry if I said anything in a moment of absent-mindedness; btw, and for what it's worth, I believe that's the case of Mysteryman as well - didn't mean to contradict anything previously posted, he simply related some personal experience of his.
0 Replies