Olbermann: Go to Iraq and fight, Mr. President

Zippo

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:59 am
Olbermann: Go to Iraq and fight, Mr. President

It is one of the great, dark, evil lessons, of history.

A country -- a government -- a military machine -- can screw up a war seven ways to Sunday. It can get thousands of its people killed. It can risk the safety of its citizens. It can destroy the fabric of its nation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19859124/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 399 • Replies: 8
No top replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 11:41 am
I have been often critical of Olbermann for seeming a bit self righteous for someone whose onscreen persona for a long time was someone who did political schitck.

But he is right on with his description here of Bush's baseness related to not being accountable for his own war.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 12:03 pm
Ohoooooo, That was great.

http://www.impeachbush.tv/
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:01 pm
snood wrote:
I have been often critical of Olbermann for seeming a bit self righteous for someone whose onscreen persona for a long time was someone who did political schitck.

But he is right on with his description here of Bush's baseness related to not being accountable for his own war.

Where is your commander Snood? Is he right in the office with you doing your work with you? His commander? His commanders commander?

Surely, as a active duty military man, you understand the chain of command, right?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:13 pm
McGentrix wrote:
snood wrote:

Where is your commander Snood? Is he right in the office with you doing your work with you? His commander? His commanders commander?

Surely, as a active duty military man, you understand the chain of command, right?

I understand that a good leader can admit when he's wrong, and Bush has been dead wrong for years.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:24 pm
Indeed, but you understand why the C-i-C does not go and fight on the battle field, though, right?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:27 pm
McGentrix, try not to take everything so literally.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 04:55 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Indeed, but you understand why the C-i-C does not go and fight on the battle field, though, right?

(Sigh) Yes, McGentrix.

That is not even at issue here. Olbermann's call for the president to "fight his own war" can only be taken literally by imbeciles. He's calling for some accountability. Maybe if those who insist that the war is going well or getting better for the last 4 years could have the perspective of those on the ground in the 120 degrees with body armour on, then they could reason a little better.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 06:00 pm
The example of Churchill still makes Bush look like the ignoble hypocrite. Bill Moyers has been as direct but perhaps not as analogous to a satirical cartoon. Of course, you can really only examine Bush as a cartoon.
0 Replies