Moore's "Sicko" Is Sickening

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:08 am
Miller wrote:

I've never had free public education, but I've never had free medical care either.

...than you probably have no idea how frustrating it must be to have an illness with a known cure but without the money to pay for it.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:30 am
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:
Capitalism Magazine

Mhmmmm......

Communist!

Razz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:33 am
Miller:
Quote:

I've never had free public education, but I've never had free medical care either.

Miller claims she's never had "free" medical care. Care to explain that?
You or your parents paid for everything? Dental and eye care? What do you think employer provided medical care is? Do you realize that even employer provided medical care is getting less common, and if people still do have it, their share of the premium is going up?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 03:03 pm
Miller,
I lived in the US for 34 years and lived in Canada for 9 years and I know from personal experience that what all these reports are saying are wrong.
In fact, when I was in the US I waited much longer to be treated in hospitals, for tests and at my docs office when I had an appointment. I've never met anyone here yet that has gone through all this waiting that some of you are expressing.

I'm just stating my personal experience and wonder if you have ever been to Canada and had some personal experience with our health care system because I'm going to need more that what I've gotten so far to change my mind.

When my best friend was diagnosed with cancer 8 years ago (she was in the US as well as myself at the time) I couldn't believe how long she had to wait for tests and they kept screwing up her appointments, etc...

She died a few years back. May she rest in peace.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 03:05 pm
That was a very powerful ending, Montana. Very forceful.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 03:08 pm
When I was in the US I hated going to the docs, hospitals, tests and the dentist because of the endless waiting, yet I don't go through that here.

I keep reading all this stuff about the waiting and I'm still waiting to see if I'll be waiting Laughing

What's up with that?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 03:10 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
That was a very powerful ending, Montana. Very forceful.

Thanks Gus Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 04:59 pm
Coolwhip wrote:
Miller wrote:

...than you probably have no idea how frustrating it must be to have an illness with a known cure but without the money to pay for it.

I've worked hard for everything I now have, and that includes the money for my health insurance.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:02 pm
Montana wrote:
When I was in the US I hated going to the docs, hospitals, tests and the dentist because of the endless waiting, yet I don't go through that here.

I keep reading all this stuff about the waiting and I'm still waiting to see if I'll be waiting Laughing

What's up with that?

I never wait for my dental visit. I book the appointmnet, show up early and am taken on time.

I never wait for a mammogram. I book it, show up early, and am taken on time, or even early.

When I take my dog to the Vet, I book the appointment, arrive early, and am taken on time.

I've never waited for a medical/dental/surgical appointment in my entire life and I've received all of my care at the best medical centers in the USA.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:04 pm
I got mine; the hell with those 47 million Americans who can't get theirs.

Some people in America are all brain and no heart.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:04 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Miller:
Quote:

Miller claims she's never had "free" medical care. Care to explain that?

No, I don't care to explain it and if you'd like to make a big deal out of my comments, please feel free to do so.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:09 pm
Miller,
I'm a labour worker and I very hard as well (even harder than you, I bet). Unfortunately, my pay doesn't come close to what I'm worth, so does this mean that my health is less worthy of care because I couldn't afford to pay the rising price of heath insurance these days.

We're not all doctors, lawyers, and business people who make big bucks and think nothing of the cost of health insurance.

The average every day worker in the US is stressed to the max because the insurance companies are bleeding them dry. As you can see, many have to go without insurance just to survive, then they die when they are refused health care. Well, they were just labour workers anyway, right!

It's madening!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:13 pm
Miller wrote:
Montana wrote:

What's up with that?

I never wait for my dental visit. I book the appointmnet, show up early and am taken on time.

I never wait for a mammogram. I book it, show up early, and am taken on time, or even early.

When I take my dog to the Vet, I book the appointment, arrive early, and am taken on time.

I've never waited for a medical/dental/surgical appointment in my entire life and I've received all of my care at the best medical centers in the USA.

I wonder why? I always have shown up at my appointments early and I mean ALWAYS, but never once do I remember being taken at the time my actual appointment was. Never happened!

It must be nice being so special!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:15 pm
Montana wrote:
Miller,
I'm a labour worker and I very hard as well (even harder than you, I bet). Unfortunately, my pay doesn't come close to what I'm worth, so does this mean that my health is less worthy of care because I couldn't afford to pay the rising price of heath insurance these days.

We're not all doctors, lawyers, and business people who make big bucks and think nothing of the cost of health insurance.

The average every day worker in the US is stressed to the max because the insurance companies are bleeding them dry. As you can see, many have to go without insurance just to survive, then they die when they are refused health care. Well, they were just labour workers anyway, right!

It's madening!

If so many people were dying on the streets, due to lack of medical care, because they were impoverished, for sure the politicians would be
yelling their guts out.

Truth is most hospitals give "free care", due to Federal Law. By the way some of the folks I see in the hospital who're receiving "free care", drive fancy cars to the hospital or take taxis ( paid for by the "tax payers). Must be nice to get some of that
"free care" and those "free medications"...
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:15 pm
Montana wrote:

Maybe Miller's insurance is just better than yours was, Montana....
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:20 pm
I understand Miler is a doctor with a hefty health insurance package. Always consider the source.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:22 pm
Miller wrote:
Coolwhip wrote:
Miller wrote:

I've worked hard for everything I now have, and that includes the money for my health insurance.

Sounds like you live in a perfectly just world. You are probably the most arrogant person I've ever met here on a2k.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:26 pm
Don't know about that. Just know what I experienced myself. I worked, paid into my insurance every week, then I waited and waited and waited.

Once I finally got to me my docs, though, they rushed me in and out making me feel like I was on this express assembly line. I remember having questions I wanted to ask docs, but never got a chance because I was rushed out of there no sooner than I got in.

My doc now takes the time to talk with me about things and it's nice because it gives me a chance to ask him those questions that I occationally have and we even shoot the **** for a few minutes. He asks me about work, how my son is doing, etc and I never experienced this in the US.

This works for me. It's a much easier way to live. Life is difficult enough without have to deal with all the red tape that you deal with when you deal with insurance companies.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:28 pm
old europe wrote:
Montana wrote:

Maybe Miller's insurance is just better than yours was, Montana....

I can assure you, that's true and I'm happy for her. Maybe I should go to medical school, so I can be treated like a human too ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:33 pm
Miller wrote:
Montana wrote:
Miller,

It's madening!

If so many people were dying on the streets, due to lack of medical care, because they were impoverished, for sure the politicians would be
yelling their guts out.

Truth is most hospitals give "free care", due to Federal Law. By the way some of the folks I see in the hospital who're receiving "free care", drive fancy cars to the hospital or take taxis ( paid for by the "tax payers). Must be nice to get some of that
"free care" and those "free medications"...

My friend died and I don't think it was very nice for her. She had no insurance, by the way. Her tough luck Crying or Very sad
0 Replies