What are you spending for Back-to-school?

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:51 am
Well, I just dropped $60 bucks at MiniBoden after mentioning it -- they're having their summer sale so that pays for 2 t-shirts, a polo shirt, a cardigan, and shipping, but still. That's already more than half of what I hoped to spend total -- may have to adjust my expectations. (She's been wearing size 6/7 Gap/ Old Navy sizing in tops and they're just not fitting as well anymore. 8's a bit big, MiniBoden's 7/8 is perfect.)

How do you classify "back to school" purchases when it comes to clothes and there are no uniforms involved, though? I basically keep an eye on sales all year. (The MiniBoden t-shirts were $8/ea and the 5/6 in the same style last year was her favorite t-shirt all year -- really well made.)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:37 am
I call it back-to-school when they're shopping the fall sales. I don't buy much in the way of new releases; I typically wait for the seasonal sales. It just turns out that the fall seasonal sales hit in July/August which is just in time for back-to-school.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:38 am
That makes sense...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:56 am
Bobby Jack is a monkey and the clothes usually have these different sayings on it, like:

I'd rather be blowing bubbles
I'm not listening
I didn't do

Stuff you expect kids to say.

My daughter has also recently spied some Hannah Montana, High School Musical and Cheetah Girls clothes and accessories - she has been asking for them - so far we picked out this cool hat. Other than that I tell she may get something when they go on sale.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:06 am
I just wanted you all to know I wasn't being a smart *ss with my first post in this thread. I do consider property taxes, where the money goes to the schools, a back to school cost.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:51 am
I went to Old Navy with the kid to see what size she wears in jeans... they had a whole pile of jeans for $3.99! Score! (I got two.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:03 am
Ooooohhhh, I know those Bobby Jack t-shirts. They're funny. They sort of have a skateboard-kid feeling here.
0 Replies