Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:35 am
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:42 am
It's how Bushie gets his rocks off.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:44 am
Hey! If they'd just shut the war down 10 months early we'd have that 60 billion dollars to insure all those kids without having to raise any kind of taxes. The tabacco compaines should really get behind this end the war effort!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:50 am
"The proposal would dramatically expand the Children's Health Insurance Program, adding nonpoor children to the program, and more than doubling the level of spending," Mr. Fratto said. "This will have the effect of encouraging many to drop private coverage, to go on the government-subsidized program."

Adding "NON-POOR" children? Why would I want to pay for something that their parents can afford (is this how I am to interpret NON-POOR)?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:43 pm
Bush Veto Foreseen On Child Health Bill
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:52 pm
woiyo wrote:
Adding "NON-POOR" children? Why would I want to pay for something that their parents can afford (is this how I am to interpret NON-POOR)?

Well, exactly that's the question to be asked with any insurance: why should I subsidise bad drivers with my car insurance, when I never make an accident and those with the big cars easily can pay for themselves? Why should I pay for fire insurance ...

Do insurences generally work differently in the USA, woiyo, than elsewhere?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 05:53 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Well, exactly that's the question to be asked with any insurance: why should I subsidise bad drivers with my car insurance, when I never make an accident and those with the big cars easily can pay for themselves? Why should I pay for fire insurance ...

Do insurences generally work differently in the USA, woiyo, than elsewhere?

Wally is missing the point. This is a TAXPAYER FUNDED program.

"Sen. Max Baucus of Montana, the committee's chairman, said the proposal would lead to more than 3 million uninsured children obtaining health coverage. But others said that estimate is high because they believe some families that would sign up for the program would have already been getting their coverage through the private sector. "

From the above post.
0 Replies