Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 07:00 pm
Well, then, what are you all wearing?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 11:29 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm wearing a worn-out long faded pink tee that I hope I am never found in when I die.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 11:50 pm
@glitterbag,
I have one of those..
the neck part has turned wavy, and I don't care.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 06:09 am
wearing: an old (my favorite) steel grey T from a French "solidworks"-type company that I refused to leave in CA, black yoga pants, reading glasses (x3), my daughter's cosmic afghan on feet.
hearing: A/C working like a champ
eating: oatmeal, toast
drinking: coffee
doing: waking up, watching hummingbirds and bigger birds delight in my return home and associated bird-feeder-refilling
looking forward to: Next weekend - going to see the new tiny bairn.
feeling: jazzed to have vaulted past my last teaching technology learning curve, dammit!!! happy for my beloved little dude.
wanting: energy to pursue a personal life
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 11:44 am
@Lash,
wearing: Black dress shirt, grey and white checkered(?) dress pants, black sneakers.
hearing: Leo Laporte and This Week in Teck.
eating: Two fish spring rolls (salmon & Thai chili, #yummers, and shrimp with Thai peanut, #meh) from Pescatore Seafood from Grand Central Market.
drinking: Chai tea.
doing: waking up, watching hummingbirds and bigger birds delight in my return home and associated bird-feeder-refilling
looking forward to: Greenwood Cemetery/Battle of Brooklyn Commemoration meetup.
wanting: To not be so socially awkward.... Sad
mismi

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 02:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well...social awkardity can occur when you don't know the folks around you well. I am that way. But put me in a group of folks I am comfortable with and I am fine. Smile And I find - the older I get the less I care about what others think initially. But still - I am quiet until I get to know you - and seriously - I would rather not waste my energy on anyone but those that bring grace, love and fun to the table...so some of it is just biding my time until I am sure of the people I am with. Wink

wearing: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama T that has paint all over it...yoga pants that are so faded you can't tell if they are black or grey. bare feets, shihtzu hair
hearing: Pistol obsessing compulsing over his paw.
eating: nope
drinking: Sweet Iced Tea
doing: about to finish up another paint job
looking forward to: being done...but I am beginning to think that will never happen
wanting A little bit of this and a little bit of that...I'm all over the place.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 07:38 pm
@mismi,
wearing: fun pair of yoga pants I found at VV - they've got a groovy Aztec kind of print below one knee, black sleeveless dress with side cut-outs. I hiked the dress up to be a dance class top. It worked. Funny hair thing I got at the fair. It makes a kind of Minnie Mouse hairbow if you fold the metal bits just right. Silver sequinned fit flops.
hearing: Adrienne Clarkson doing a Massey lecture on the CBC
eating: nope - staring down some baguettes from our neighbours' patisserie
drinking: choklit milk
doing: recovering from a double dance class. no one else showed up for combos so I had the instructor to myself. definitely an upside and a downside to that
feeling: every single muscle in my shoulders, hips, glutes, calves, upper back, lower abs ... I think even my eyeballs are worn out
looking forward to: talking to hamburgboy in about 20 minutes
wanting fresh butter for those baguettes <tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow>

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 07:44 pm
@ehBeth,
I so miss hamburgboy.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 06:50 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: I am wearing the same thing I wore yesterday...I connected two new lights in the hallway. They are so pretty. They make my heart smile.
hearing: NBA game in XBox/and Rehab Addict - my favorite show in the next room...I really should have turned that off...
drinking: A kind of half-assed margarita...it does have tequila. Rock calls it "tippling". I misse Rockhead.
doing: well - I am up to no good. I have a bit of the devil in me tonight.
feeling: pretty frisky to be honest.
looking forward talking: whatever
wanting: I seem to be pretty content right now...when the tequila wears off...who knows?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2015 07:03 pm
@mismi,
wearing: ankle-length black and white striped tube skirt, black Hannan's Bellydance tank, baby blue light-weight cardigan
hearing: news on the radio. so sad about the two young journalists killed in Virginia this morning
drinking: nothing. might have had too much tea earlier. I misse Rockhead.
eating: nothing. full after those tomato sandwiches I had earlier
doing: thinking about going to see the Taiko drummers tomorrow
feeling: like I might have overdone dance classes Monday and Tuesday night. My left shoulder only feels good when I have my left hand on my right shoulder. That's not quite right.
looking forward to: the final outdoor concerts of the summer
wanting: someone to do the laundry
[/quote]
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 03:55 pm
wearing: snug navy dress with a block of teal about the neck and down the side. My daughter bought it for me and the kids at school always compliment it. Flesh-colored heels because I'm too cheap to buy better. A dress length navy ...knitted summer jacket. This poor explanation makes me remember Joost trying to use unfamiliar American terms for clothing. Just in from school and too tired to change yet.
hearing: A/C working overtime.
drinking: second Blue Moon
eating: Too busy to eat lunch at school, so head in a Jethro Bodine salad with sardines, radishes, spinach, almonds, a couple of small cubes of Havarti, and I threw Pace picante sauce in there too out of sheer greed.
doing: trying NOT to think about work. I devote a maddening amount of time to that place.
feeling: satisfied about a few things - not so much about some other things - and thinking I should work harder at being my best beloved friend
looking forward to: a long weekend with the grandbaby
wanting: a plan
ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 04:34 pm
@Lash,
wearing: almost ankle length rose colored print skirt that I have had forever, topped by one of my Venice tee shirts. I simply can't part with them. This one had paint on it from a remod at my last house, so I added more paint to fix the color scheme. It's a mix of blue and grey and black, VENICE BEACH on it, with a dolphin shown underneath that. Okabashi sandals.
hearing: nothing but my ears' tinnitus right now
drinking: guava nectar, bourbon, pellegrino water, lots of ice
eating: Lash, that salad sounded good. Me, I bought some cheapo beef cut today. I rarely eat beef now, months will go by, not for health reasons, just that I can make pork last longer in a variety of meals. Dunno, yet, I may just lightly saute it and make a salad.
feeling: agree - satisfied about a few things - not so much about some other things - and thinking I should work harder at being my best beloved friend
looking forward to: seeing Diane tomorrow or Wednesday
wanting: to execute my plans
Lash

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 05:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Let's put forth some effort, lady. We deserve it.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 06:20 am
@Lash,
wearing: Black dress pants, black dress socks, black sneakers, grey t-shirt (haven't put on my tan with thin brown striped dress shirt yet).
hearing: The Princess Mononoke's score composed by Joe Hisaishi coming from my computer speaker and the low hum of a desktop fan. And oh... Osso's tinnitus. Yep. That's pretty loud. Shocked
drinking: Ice water soon enough.
eating:
feeling: Not bad considering how crappy that summer cold (or whatever kind of virus rampaged through my system last week).
looking forward to: TBD?
farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 09:52 am
@tsarstepan,
wearing: an oil slicker an a Souwester hat
hearing: clacking of a deisel and waves overtopping the fantail
drimking: seawater
eating: EATING!! ? are you nutz?
feeling " nervous over the SE wind rising this AM
LFT: dockmg in Sydney harbour and getting a hotel and a car
ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 10:08 am
@farmerman,
Sydney's a good plan.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 01:28 pm
@farmerman,
Look out for sharks Farmerman! Shocked
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 04:41 pm
wearing: black spandex bike shorts, old dude's second permanently East Coast transplanted grey cotton T
hearing: Walter White threatening Asac Schrader.
drinking: Blue Moon
eating: nada
feeling: completely victorious Smile
looking forward to: a long weekend, planning an innovative way to present MLK's Letter From Birmingham Jail to sophomores.
Lash

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 03:30 pm
@Lash,
wearing: Casual Friday dark blue jeans, a black button down, 3-quarter length sleeve, form-fitting blouse, tan grecian sandals that stepped in the Pacific and the Atlantic (note to self: get new Grecian sandals), reading glasses X3, fabulous multi-stone antique bracelet (to love)
hearing: DEA agents peeling out and Jesse Pinkman's sniffly confession
drinking: Blue Moon
eating: toast with a bit of butter
feeling: happy that my grandbaby is fabulously perfect; happy that my daughter is up in my grill; miserable that my students have brains like sieves.
looking forward to: NOW, baby!!!! My long staycay!!!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 03:44 pm
wearing: Taking-Friday-Off scruffy blue jeans, grey T, barefoot
hearing: The Lovely Bride watching the US Open
drinking: Coconut-Pineapple Sparkling Ice fortified with Bacardi Gold rum
eating: a banana
feeling: Disappointed with the contractors we met with about kitchen renovation
looking forward to: Younger son coming home for Labor Day weekend, joint
birthday celebration for The Lovely Bride and Older son Rhys.