Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

Lash

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 03:46 pm
@George,
Sounds like heaven! Congratulations. Celebrate your loved ones.
George

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 04:40 pm
@Lash,
It should be fun. Daughter and SIL are coming with 14-month-old Max.
Lash

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 04:48 pm
@George,
Max is a runner up for the best grandson name ever! (Best name, of course, is Sol.) (grin) Hugs other grandperson <3
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2015 04:54 pm
@George,
Be careful, George. I've long time contractor friends I like and love and some around I think are thieves, not least the guy who denuded my hydrangeas for his girlfriend, your plain old asshole, plus stupid.

Anyway, consider Panzade as a person to talk with. I don't know if he wants to, to talk, quiet man here, but a person I appreciate up the wazoo.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 10:32 am
wearing: black yoga pants; my soft, charcoal long-sleeved hoodie workout top; my seven year old Birkenstocks that I adore possibly on their last outing before the garbage can.
hearing: This cool whining soundtrack music to Longmire, episode 1. Liking both.
eating: The reason for this click to Mundane Thread: the most glorious impromptu salad I've thrown together in years. I don't know why it's so good, but it is. Just romaine, English cucumbers, carrots, walnuts, turkey chunks and smoked salmon chunks and I threw some picante sauce in there and some Lite Balsamic courtesy of Mr Paul Newman. I am in heaven.
drinking: ice water
doing: basking in the exultation of having mowed most of this enormous yard, prioritizing my long weekend.
looking forward to: right now!!!! wooohooo!!!
feeling: like I'm reaching a new baseline happiness that's not based on anything. I like it!
Lash

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2015 04:48 pm
@Lash,
wearing: same outfit as previous, but sprinkled with the occasional grass clipping or dirt speck. Birkenstocks are off and languishing in concern of discardment later.
hearing: Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch questioning the sheriff about Mae Ella's gullet.
eating: nothing but hungry.
drinking: Blue Moon
doing: half-watching To Kill a Mockingbird, feeling jealous of Harper Lee - as I do every time I see it. Happy to sleep when I want and not to set an alarm.
looking forward to: peaceful rest in my cool bed under the ceiling fan
feeling: excited about this week at school, introducing Birmingham and my story to my students - as usual, a little wary of the reception of these facts in my specific geographic location. Again.

I read articles about Brock Peters beginning to weep as he acted out the testimony of Tom Robinson on the witness stand, and Peck said it was everything he could do not to weep as well. It's hard to cite a better movie, and better portrayals.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 09:15 pm
@mismi,
wearing: I'm a vision in crazy. Red and white floral print capris, red/white/blue bandana print halter top, red and white dotted spaghetti-strapped dress, red sequinned fit flops. took off my red/pink swirl print bolero and pink/blue spotted burlesque hair thingie
hearing: quirks and quarks on the radio. bob has the giggles. fun when science makes people giggle
drinking: banana strawberry smoothie
eating: some kind of portuguese variant of a chocolate chip muffin
doing: recovering from sweating it out at No Lights No Lycra. Awesome fun but super sweaty tonight
feeling: relaxedish, but my glutes are feeling all the shimmying I did
looking forward to:getting back to regular dance classes tomorrow night. Can't wait to find out what Inspirations is going to be about
wanting: my own darbuka. maybe. maybe not.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2015 09:45 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing: I'm a vision in mix and don't match - my good oldie never wrinkle slightly below knee slightly twirly skirt that has french stuff in the print over a white background, plus an old tee from Salv Army in Santa Monica, white, with Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel painting. Faux crocs, pink this time.
hearing: the ceiling fan
drinking: Pellegrino water topped with some coconut pineapple nectar
eating: just finished a slice of one of the two pizzas I made late afternoon
doing: mixing a2k with following Federer and Izner in the US Open via reading the match progress in the Guardian
feeling: tired - two pizzas with different ingredients, plus all the kneading and gathering of topping stuff, and then the baking and the cleanup, and the storing of the pizza slices in freezer. I'm done now. Too tired to recite the toppings, so I really must be weary.
wanting: my yard to magically weed itself
Lash

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 04:43 pm
wearing: old much-mentioned grey t and little stretchy grey shorts -- my new after school uniform. I throw off undies and work clothes and slide into this. I resolve to get new after-work ensemble as comfy as this soon.
hearing: laptop breathing
drinking: nothing but thinking about a Blue Moon
eating: just had a box of poison (another name for Burger King)
doing: just trying to decompress from headache-y work day
feeling: cool about kids liking Letter from Birmingham Jail; not cool about feeling generally crappy
wanting: to decide
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 10:28 am
@Lash,
wearing: I only have one pair of jeans and I couldn't find them this morning. Assuming they're in the hamper. So... olive-green(ish) dress pants, multicolored dress shirt (with subliminal flowers in the pattern), black sneakers.
hearing:

drinking: Ice water, no longer iced.
eating: Nothing right now.
doing: Allegedly working for another half hour before lunch time.
feeling: My therapist keeps asking me about my feelings. Never good with answering it.
wanting: For Lash to not feel generally crappy.
looking forwards to: Midnite screening of Perfect Blue tonight. Graffiti walking in Bushwick, Brooklyn tour tomorrow!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:05 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: I'm a vision in weather is changing - black yoga pants from Talbots that have weird turquoise inserts at bottom that can be zippered away, midnight blue linen top that looks like a vest over a t, blue/white striped top over that because it started cooling off, faux snakeskin slide sandals that I've had a long long long time. I'll probably always have some since I got them at some crazy sale at Rockports - 2 pairs for me, 2 pairs for mrs hamburgboy - total $15
hearing: refugees laughing as they tell stories of their home life on the radio
drinking: found this at the $ store super happy about it - going back for some of the grapefruit version

http://www.thegrove.pub/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/limonata.jpg
eating: nothing. considering going in to rip a wing off the rotisserie chicken. got the fancy one at the grocery store today - no hormones, no antibiotics, veggie fed. super-tasty. like the best kosher chicken Marks and Spencer in the old days
doing: looking forward to seeing Longdog on Saturday. It's been a couple of years since we got together. One of my favourite Abuzz pals.
feeling: chill in many ways
wanting: ossobuco and Diane to have a good time at Monday lunch when they meet my best friend of 40+ years and her sister. they're in the area for their annual Grand Canyon hiking experience.

still trying to figure out how Diane and MAB know each other.

MAB has posted at A2k but I don't think they've ever crossed paths. I know that MAB and ossobuco have shared thread space ... starting back here http://able2know.org/topic/120510-1 and definitely in this thread http://able2know.org/topic/137684-16#post-4788836
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 12:48 pm
@ehBeth,
I've only tried the grapefruit Pelligrino. Was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience.

wearing: Found my black jeans. Apparently, I neglected to hang them up after doing the laundry. Wearing for the first time, my new favorite t-shirt, a shirt crowdfunded from the Oscar nominee Pes.

hearing: Unknown punk music and the bartender beating up some ice getting the bar (presently a coffee bar) ready for the night.

drinking: Nursing a small ices tea.
eating: Just ate a homemade cinnamon pop tart.
Doing: Waiting for the others in my Graffiti walking meetup to arrive.

feeling: All things considered. Comme ci, comme ca.
wanting: Ask me later.
Lash

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:09 pm
wearing: old white t from some Bobcat school given to me by my son, black calf-length yoga pants, ineffective reading glasses
hearing: Longmire taking **** from his daughter and that woman in the office.
drinking: ice water
eating: yuck. full of chicken poison
doing: putting together healthy menu to avoid fast-food poison next week
feeling: better than this morning
wanting: a reason
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:26 pm
wearing: disreputable jeans, salmon polo (not pink, salmon)
hearing: a rumbly in my tumbly
drinking: Ipswich Ale
eating: nothing, but getting hungrier by the minute
doing: posting canoeing pictures to facebook
feeling: tired and a bit sore in the shoulders
wanting: another Ipswich Ale
George

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
. . . eating: Just ate a homemade cinnamon pop tart. . .
Wait, what? You make your own pop tarts?
Lash

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:35 pm
@George,
You're sure that's not pink?

(grin)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Amigo and I used to argue graffiti. I miss him a lot.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 10:21 pm
@George,
George wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:
. . . eating: Just ate a homemade cinnamon pop tart. . .
Wait, what? You make your own pop tarts?

I guess it would have been more accurate to call it a handmade pop tart. I didn't make it. A bakery in Brooklyn makes small batches of their own version of the toaster pastry (as opposed to the large conglomerate produced official Pop Tarts. My bad. They sell them individually in bakeries and coffee shops (rather then by the dozen or more at grocery stores ).
roger

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 11:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
Unlike the real Pop Tarts, I hope they don't put in a dab of jelly and try to pass it off as fruit.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 07:15 pm
@George,
wearing: brown jeggings, multi-blue striped knit tunic dress, long gold lace cardigan wrapped around my shoulders like a scarf, pink boots that look like girlie work boots
hearing: No Beggar Left Behind on the radio. It's on Ian Tyson's Playlist
drinking: nothing. Need tea.
eating: nothing, but had the innards of a stuffed pepper an hour or so ago
doing: warming up after a day outside in the rain and (comparative) cold with Ginny Longdog. Posting pix of Little Miss Bella in her hiphop outfit on FB.
feeling: tired and my left bicep is a bit achy from holding the little dog inside my raincoat for so long this afternoon
wanting: a little less rain
0 Replies