0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 01:54 am
dupe
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 09:34 am
Quote:
A recent Newsweek poll found that only 29 percent of Americans regard him as honest and ethical. The same poll found that more than one in four Republicans agreed with that dim assessment of Cheney's integrity -- a finding that surprised some top White House aides, who were already concerned about how the public views the vice president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/21/AR2005112100276.html
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 06:52 am
This is an unusually good and thorough piece on Cheney and the folks around him...

Quote:
The long march of Dick Cheney
For his entire career, he sought untrammeled power. The Bush presidency and 9/11 finally gave it to him -- and he's not about to give it up.

By Sidney Blumenthal
Nov. 24, 2005 | The hallmark of the Dick Cheney administration is its illegitimacy. Its essential method is bypassing established lines of authority; its goal is the concentration of unaccountable presidential power. When it matters, the regular operations of the CIA, Defense Department and State Department have been sidelined.

Richard Nixon is the model, but with modifications. In the Nixon administration, the president was the prime mover, present at the creation of his own options, attentive to detail, and conscious of their consequences. In the Cheney administration, the president is volatile but passive, firm but malleable, presiding but absent. Once his complicity has been arranged, a closely held "cabal" -- as Lawrence Wilkerson, once chief of staff to former Secretary of State Colin Powell, calls it -- wields control...
much more
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 12:24 am
Is Blotham aware that Vice President Cheney is not running again? Is Blatham aware that Bill Clinton once had an approval rating of 37 but was, despite that re-elected in 1996?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:14 am
Is that what's called a non sequitur?
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:36 am
A non-Sequitur is "A conclusion that does not follow from its premises"

I do not think that a formal premises or conclusion can be found in my post.

I would suggest you consult a primer in logic before posting such absurdities, goodfielder.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:43 am
Thanks Mortkat - at least my question is answered.

I was actually thinking in absurdities. As in Wikipedia on non sequiturs and absurdism

My technical use might be wrong but I still can't work out the point you were making.
0 Replies