Jani-King GB Forum

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 07:26 am
The members of the Jani-King (GB) Franchisee Forum take this opportunity to respond to the considerable increase in recent malicious and damaging allegations against our brand which have appeared on this blog.

We are a committed group of professional businessmen who have a successful and productive working relationship with Jani-King. Together with the company, we are working very hard to develop an excellent national contract cleaning franchise business and we are succeeding. We believe strongly in the success of the Jani-King business model and are all proving that, through a genuine partnership and dialogue with the company - which should be the goal of all franchisee/franchisor relationships - we can all continue to develop profitable and successful businesses.

Whilst we respect the freedom of any individual to express opinion, the availability of technology such as anonymous blogs allows individuals and groups to make concerted attacks on brand reputation with an intent to damage the business prospects of those of us who are committed not only to Jani-King, but to the concept of franchising.

We have a great business, and a great opportunity - particularly in the current business climate where recession proof business sectors such as contract cleaning tend to flourish. This should not be put at risk by a small number of malicious individuals appearing regularly on this site.

Jani-King (GB) Franchise Forum Members.
Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 12:17 pm
@Jani-King GB Forum,
Jani-King GB Forum wrote:
Whilst we respect the freedom of any individual to express opinion...

Then what's with the legal threats from Jani-King? I was threatened legally for hosting this topic on this forum. I was told there were libelous claims being made here and to remove it immediately or face a lawsuit.

I said that I would do no such thing unless a compelling case for libel was made, and never heard back from their lawyers.

So what's with the chilling effects from Jani-King? Why are they trying to litigate away their bad reviews through baseless legal threats?
seangray2

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 12:22 pm
If anyone has experienced problems with Jani King (GB) Limited I would suggest the following :

A friendhas sent a useful list of contacts. I would suggest all the options.

(1) COntact trading standards in Kingston Upon thames [email protected]

(2) Contact the CIB at the DTI with this complaint form http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm
Companies Investigation Branch has the responsibility for conducting investigations into companies using the statutory powers of enquiry contained in the Companies Act 1985.
Tell them about any negligent misrepresentation and fraudulent inducement you think you have experienced

(3) Contact the BFA http://www.thebfa.org/
I believe the BFA has kicked out jani king now

(4) Contact a solicitor John Pratt who will offer some free advice : [email protected] or 0121 237 2020

(5) You should write to
John Fingleton
Office of Fair Trading
Fleetbank House
2-6 Salisbury Square
London EC4Y 8JX
Fax: 0207 211 8966
0 Replies

thickhead

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 08:22 am
@Jani-King GB Forum,
This "small number of malicious individuals appearing regularly on this site" number approx 21 in the UK. I would not deem this to be a small number. Give it a couple of months and I expect this to be swollen by a few of those in the "committed group of professional businessmen who have a successful and productive working relationship with Jani-King"
The forum is not against those people who enter into a franchise with Messrs Howarth and Thomas, we wish you luck. The problem we have is the treatment meted out to previous franchisees who have a legitimate gripe. These are people who have been ruined financially. You should not criticise them....there but for the grace of God etc so the saying goes.
Read previous posts from former employees not just ex-franchisees.
NB. Who are "Jani-King (GB) Franchise Forum Members" ? Are of you also some of the unhappy posters on this forum ?
seangray2

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2009 12:28 pm
@thickhead,
In my humble opinion i would like to see who actually achieves the 10% margin claim made by JK GB, when you consider they charge franchise fees, material costs and admin charges which probably eat 50% plus of the income it would seem unlikely to even a one eyed Albanian like me.
Franchisees have to shoulder wage costs too which have been rising.
JK also collect the cash. Cashflow may be tight.

Some people also say JK underbid for contracts. Then I believe the franchise agreement is written to penalise you when you cant meet the service levels. Good for JK but obviously open to abuse because they get your cash and hand the underbid contract to the next mug.

Potential franchisees should do the math.

If you think you may have suffered at the hands of them, you may want to contact the DTI. Use this form http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

You may want to tell them about any negligent misrepresentation and fraudulent inducement you think you have experienced

Anyone know how many franchisees have withered on the vine?
0 Replies

not einstein

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 04:55 am
@gpfl1974,
Let me say from the start, just so there are no misunderstandings, that the senior directors of Jani-King hate me more than they hate any of the people that have put entries on this blog. That being said there are a few things that do need to be set straight.

Also, I would like to let it be known that I am not a plant, I shall keep watch from today and answer any and all queries raised but I doubt whether or not I will get any.

I would ask the question, what do you people really want?

Your money back, it’s not going to happen! Why, because in truth you entered into business and in entering into that business what came to pass was, with the people that failed, 99% of you were, like me, just NOT good enough! Tough statement but true.

The ones that are succeeding, know it is a hard business but they ARE good enough1

Lets have a look why you say you failed!

Underbid accounts.
Rubbish, they get what the customer is willing to pay and is already paying, paying to a company that has overheads, paying to a company that has offices to pay for and paying to a company that has little or no supervision.

If I was selling a tin of beans can I ask for twice as much for that tin of beans just because that’s what I want, well yes I can but I won’t sell any! The truth about all things that you sell is you can only sell at what the customer is willing to pay.
Should you be able to do a better job with the money, of course you should it’s your bloody business.

Jani-King charges (lets use your words fines)!
You only get fined for 2 reasons!
1. Customer complains and
2. You don’t do what you agree at the start of your business you should do.
Answer to both, do what you know you need to, keep Jani-King out of your day to day business but the problem is it’s hard, having to face a customer and take a bollocking, no it’s not hard, not at all, but it is far easier to come on a site like this and bitch and moan,.

Look not at what they do to you but what you do to your business, just because a business can’t do what you want does not make it a bad business but it does make it a bad business for you!

This site does a service of that there is no doubt and yes there are people that have a genuine grievance, again of that I have no doubt, but instead of ruining others peoples business walk into Jani-king and demand to see Ian Thomas, I am sure that if the forum is any good they will let you know when he is here and sort the problem out
Now all you nay smiths will say “I’ve tried” that, well guess what I don’t believe you.

Jani-King is not a bad investment it’s just very very, for some people, hard and as in life, some will fail, and some will not but in there lies a lesson for us all.
0 Replies

seangray2

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 06:44 am
Yawn. A first post by a plant.

If anyone has experienced problems with Jani King (GB) Limited I would suggest the following :

A friendhas sent a useful list of contacts. I would suggest all the options.

(1) COntact trading standards in Kingston Upon thames [email protected]

(2) Contact the CIB at the DTI with this complaint form http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm
Companies Investigation Branch has the responsibility for conducting investigations into companies using the statutory powers of enquiry contained in the Companies Act 1985.
Tell them about any negligent misrepresentation and fraudulent inducement you think you have experienced

(3) Contact the BFA http://www.thebfa.org/
I believe the BFA has kicked out jani king now

(4) Contact a solicitor John Pratt who will offer some free advice : [email protected] or 0121 237 2020

(5) You should write to
John Fingleton
Office of Fair Trading
Fleetbank House
2-6 Salisbury Square
London EC4Y 8JX
Fax: 0207 211 8966
0 Replies

not einstein

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 10:34 am
no not a plant at all, but someone that has a different opinion to that of yourself.

there are people that have invested their money and depend on that investment working but having not been good enough you want them to lose their investment as well.

as i said i shall watch and answer anything that anyone wants answering but please be a little bit different to "first plant".
0 Replies

christian fick

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 05:12 pm
@londonUkk,
CONTACT ME ON MY EMAIL. [email protected]
0 Replies

christian fick

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 05:44 pm
@cleanup,
Hi Cleanup.
I have made the offer to help people who may have felt that they have been mistreated or that they have been let down by the system. I had no intentions of using this forum to discuss my franchise or Ian and Paul with anyone. I simply offered a ear and some damn good advise. Yes, you are right. I have moved sideways so that new blood could take the franchise to new levels. The franchise is still going strong and it is been run by a incredible and energetic person who has grown it now to 4 million. This is the 10th year in the life of the franchise and I am happy that it is going strong. One person is never bigger than the collective.
word of truth

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 06:24 pm
I read with interest the comments of not einstein! and find there are parts I can understand in his arguments. It is true in life that if we fail as a businessman, it can be easier to look at others to blame, than look at the blame in ourselves!

However if the franchise is against you in the first place, because it is biased in favour of Jani-King ensuring their financial reward, does Jani-King or indeed its Directors, then look at themselfs and see their failings? Or does it become to easy to fall into the same trap of blaming others?

The greatest shame of all this, is had Jani-King taken a little less and supported a little more, then this blog of unhappy franchisees, would not excist and Jani-King would have been three times bigger, than it is now and had even greater financial rewards.

So Mr Thomas, my question to you is, how many more lifes do you need to ruin, before you realise that the foundations are wrong and need rebuilding?

Learn now and you'll build a better future.....Or let your arrogance win in believing you're right and slowly watch an empire crumble.

After all what profits a man to gain a kingdom, but loose his soul.
seangray2

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 01:43 am
@christian fick,
Ian / Christian Fick or any other JK franchisees, past or present

There are many who think that Jani King absolutely the worst franchisor in the UK. JK should not presumethey are above the law.

If you have any inside information on this company I suggest in confidence you contact the CIB at the DTI with this complaint form http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

not einstein

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 06:19 am
@word of truth,
A reasonable debating point, but i wonder just how many do look internally and find that they could have done things differently and or taken some of the faults and directed them internally.

Yet a little further down you actually blame an individual and perhaps thats true but my feelings are for the people that are in the system and are making this work. Why does it work for them if the agreement is stacked completely in the favour of Jani-King.

Why do these people not have the underbid accounts, why do these people not have Jani-king fining them over and over again. yes like you i feel that perhaps there needs to be some redesign of the programme but forums like this are not the way to go about getting that redesign, from the inside, that is where to be to get things changed.

Yes there is a fear mentality when dealing with Jani-King but that is one that has to be overcome by the individuals concerned.

I reiterate if there is anyone that wants to be heard go personal talk to the people that can make a difference because to be honest a letter or an email or a blog entry is an irritation but a meeting with the right people can become a pain in the rear for them as they have to provide tangible evidence to answer your queries.

But they do shout loud you just have to have the courage of your convictions to shout louder.
seangray2

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 01:03 pm
Why did the British Franchise Association revoke Jani King's membership?

Did they kick them out because they thought they were the worst franchisor in the UK? Was it because JK refused to provide them with the success rates amongst franchisees (ie. most fail very quickly)?

If you want answers to this please contact the BFA solicitor, Mr John Pratt, who may be able to provide useful insight. John Pratt may be offer some free advice : [email protected] or 0121 237 2020

There are many others who may also think that Jani King absolutely the worst franchisor in the UK. If you have any inside information on this company I suggest in confidence you contact the CIB at the DTI with this complaint form http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm
0 Replies

jomo mojo

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 04:25 pm
Jani king UK is not a franchise.
There is a conflict of interest in the role of directors as franchise sellers.
They will sell to anyone irrespective of your suitability to their business.
Real franchise are much more interested in getting the right franchisees to protect their brand and grow their business and they will hire the right people to carry out the franchise recruitment to avoid the pressure of a director.
Jani King UK are CONTRACT SELLERS, the term franchise is the con to reap you off.
JANI KING= High turnover of gullible people = Repeat sale of same cleaning contracts= $$$$$$$$$$$ for Jani King.
BE WARNED.
0 Replies

christian fick

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 05:20 pm
@seangray2,
Seangray2.
I am amazed that you keep giving out suggested contacts to contact regarding Jani King. Question. Have you? And if you have what did they say?. Why dont you come up with something new. And why are you answering me with crap like that. All I said was that the franchise was still going strong. Now, I have no idea why and when you have lost your franchise, but my GOD man stop been so lazy and write a something proper and constructive for all to read. DIB AND DTI AND FBI. What and who are these people. If they were so good why do we still write on this Website.
0 Replies

christian fick

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 05:35 pm
@not einstein,
I reiterate if there is anyone that wants to be heard go personal talk to the people that can make a difference because to be honest a letter or an email or a blog entry is an irritation but a meeting with the right people can become a pain in the rear for them as they have to provide tangible evidence to answer your queries.

Qouted from not enstein.

Now this is someone who is holding out a hand and say, if you have a valuable reason as to why you should stop shouting, COME AND TALK TO SOMEONE. My advise to all is. Go to Jani King and ask to see Mr Ian Thomas. BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TANGIBLE EVIDENCE AS TO WHY YOU ARE SHOUTING. I also agree with points raised by "word of truth" This person has writen something worthwile to read.
0 Replies

not einstein

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 09:09 am
At least now there seems to be some reasoned debate, and Mr Christian Fick i thank you for that.

Seangray you keep giving out these details as if they hold out some olive branch and some hope for the franchisees that are registered on this blog. But as Ian has said in his entry

What have they done so far!
What are they doing now !

There are franchisees currently in the system that think because you hold out this olive branch they can leave their franchises because you hold out some none existent chance that they will get their money back.

At least have the decency to tell people that nothing is happening with this and the only way to get something done is to talk to JK.

Have the evidence and talk, i'm sure things can be changed and i'm sure that he more you talk to people like Ian fick the further forward you will get
0 Replies

despatchers

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:29 pm
I am interested to ascertain Jani Kings GB Limited's rate of failure in franchisees? I have come to understand that many fail from my preliminary investigations and that a vast majority face financial ruin.
I would be interested to ascertain how many, if any, actually achieve the 10% rate of return being purported by the company. I have obtained copies of the franchise agreement and the terms do not appear to be equitable in any case. I have also had confirmation that the British Franchise Association cancelled the firms associate membership.
not einstein

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:50 pm
Ask any current franchisee i am sure that they publish how amny franchisees make 10% to these franchisees
0 Replies