EGG TEMPERA

Tartarin

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:59 pm
Oh boy, dogs, music, dremels, torn cuffs -- I can relate to every bit of it. I'm currently dealing with a dog with spondylosis (sp?), really appreciate the tips on that, get overly verbal about dogs which "pull," can't live without quartets and mysteriously got over a shoulder problem (rather than making it worse, as I was told would happen) by working out on a lats machine. Go figure. Oh, and around here, "new age" is said to rhyme with "sewage," JL!

(All my pets are smarter than me and they know it but behave themselves out of sheer pity.)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 05:41 pm
JL, Nya Yevim Feldenkreis. Is that a type of treatment ? It sounds like something from A Mel Brooks movie.
You really have a band there. Your violinist can refer you to the cellist. That is , pardon me if I smile.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:06 pm
arms
FM, he plays the viola, not the violin. That makes it even more sinister. You've heard about "viola jokes," havn't you? For example: "How do you know if the floor is unlevel? If a violist drools out of one side of his moutn." Given that mistreatment, I suspect this violist might enjoy a little revenge. I'll keep an eye on him. Feldrenkries is a kind of therapy, like the Alexander Method, designed to align the body and its movements to avoid eroding postures and movements...I think.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 06:36 pm
sounds like the crystal cult to me JL. I calle the crystal people "healy feelies" p's them off when I get into a technical discussion about xl axes and lattices (I used to be a xl chemist before geology)

We have a joke in our music'

WHAT DO YA call SOMEONE who likes to hang out with musicians but cannot play

THE DRUMMER.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 08:08 pm
joke
Ouch!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 08:18 pm
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:cVpPjhuLJeUC:www.norfolkvetproducts.com/images/fiddle.gif
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 08:46 pm
cat
Now I take that personally. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 08:57 pm
Hehe, you have to imagine the green eyes. You guys really tore up the site this afternoon. It is to funny for words.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:07 pm
lats
Thanks, Tartarin. I've got a rowing machine that mainly works the lats. I'll try it. The tendency when you have pain is not to exercise at all. Then with loss of muscle tone, the situation gets worse: the tendons have less support from muscles, etc.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:23 pm
Glad to come home and read all this by my favorite people. Lessee. Sorry about your perhaps/tendonitis, JL. The thing about the lats that Tartarin says sounds interesting... I too am a shunNewAger. This leaves me alone in many conversations, and not always quiet about it.

Tartarin, spondylosis or spondylitis. Back in the old days, I worked in research rheumatology (lab tech), and there was a human disease called ankylosing spondylitis...not good, as I remember, but that was more than twenty years ago. If it is a. spondylitis, maybe you can find some online guidance, not to cast doubt, but fill in the blanks. Ah, but maybe you don't want to fill in the blanks, which is fine with me.

Slow day (um, yet another) at the gallery today, but it was enlivened by our whole county March for Peace going by our door. And people came in after the
gathering at the plaza to talk with me. So, we were convivial in our anxiety.

I see I am entirely off topic.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 11:30 pm
war anxiety
What other topic is there right now?
No, my condition is undoubtedly not as serious as ankylosing spondylitis. There's a violinit in our orchestra with it--her spine is gradually fusing--but she comes to rehearsals and plays the concerts. Gutsy. Me? ...live to play another day
BTW, has anyone heard from LightWizard?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 11:41 pm
Not in a while, you are right, jl. I am on his email list, and haven't gotten any lately, now that you mention it.

The violinist has ankylosing spondylitis? Interesting twist to the conversation and poor her, and brava.

JL, let me share that I know that Tartarin has dogs like my dog, and her dog that is sick is thus a cousin to mine, possibly even in real life since they share certain doggy traits, while in any case, each of them are wonderful, and as T. said, tremendously keen.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:55 am
Imissed a whole bunch of posts here. I was watching some very dumb videos last evening. I drive the kiddies nuts by doing color commentary and I keep getting the "DAd SHut Up!"
I guess my sense of humor is an aquired taste.

Ankylosing spondylitis. There was a dinosaur called an Ankylosaurus , It had all kinds of spines sticking out in the back, thus assuring itself of a subway seat at all times. Ive heard that they can file that stuff off osso. Is that true?

JL, im not trying to be funny but have you looked into playing the violin left handed. (reverse the strings) Or is the necking configured with all the mass on one side like most guitars
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:14 am
Nah, not from me.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 12:43 pm
violin
Farmerman, I used to wonder why the violin was not made so that the right hand would do the finger work (and because most people are right-handed), but that was my youth, before I learned that the work of the right arm/hand is more difficult and more important than that of the left. Without a good bow technique sound is atrocious on the violin. The left hand requires technique, of course, more important it requires a good ear--for intonation. If some violinists played left handed and others right handed the result would be a lot of blinded orchestral violinists. Just picture the deadly scene on stage.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:15 pm
http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL203/985067/inbox/t-24687.jpg

It ain't egg tempera, Osso, but I'm posting this just for you (and if I find that photo of Himself With Hat on my messy desk, I'll post that too, okay?)
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:38 pm
Nice image Tartarin! And it is so close to the avatar size, I'm thinking someone would want to use this if the width gets down to 90 pixels. Is this your work? After seeing a photo of Pacco, Osso will be so happy to find this waiting for her!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 02:01 pm
Tartarin-The guy who owns and runs our Agway in town has a couple of Corgis in the store. One of em likes to wear this goalie mask and run around the aisles and up to people. The dog has obviously been watching too many Jason movies. Corgis have a natural sense of humor that makes you look over their affliction.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 02:06 pm
Jl-minor materials handling problem re: the right v left handed bowing.Just Dont mix them in the orchestra or you will have a grizzly mass skeweringThe guy in our bluegrass group is a violinist in a string quartet also. He swings many ways. In our bluegrass group, he uses a pickup and deadens the sound with a powerchord setup
I just heard that theyve found and recorded a heretofore unknown string quartet written by Beethoven. Do you know the name of this piece (or pieces?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:31 pm
Tartarin, your darlings look so great; it could be a painting!

Cobalt, I am going to post a pacco avatar, a picture no one has seen, sometime this weekend, I swear. Of course, my weekend includes Monday.

Tartarin, sure, post the Transfer of the Flower Hat if you can find it...thanks for asking permission. There are two images. I look slightly better in one than the other (both socks are pulled up), so post both if you would.

Farmerman, ah, what affliction are referring to? Watchyerself, some of us are sensitive about height.

JL, I got my hair cut at the mall today. Long wait for the one guy who listens to exactly how I want it. So I was reading Family Circle. Family Circle? (Moi?) There on their medical page was a insert about a new treatment for tendonitis problems, involving a needle with ultrasound...breaking up calcification and scar tissue. Not that you know what you have for sure, but if it is tendonitis it might not mean surgery...
0 Replies