EGG TEMPERA

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:38 pm
Uh oh. Is it a painting?? I know you're good, but wow.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:11 pm
music
No, Farmerman, I've not heard of this newly discovered Beethoven quartet. What a newsmaking event. I should be hearing about it eventually. Thanks. I have played only some of the early quartets, Nos 1 through 9 (not all of them) Opus 18. They are much easier to do than his later works. I hope the find belongs to the former category.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:18 pm
arm
Wow, thanks, Osso. What great news. I've been reading information by orthopedists on my general kind of problem. There was a passing comment somewhere about the use of ultrasound. But they sure played it down and surgery up. I'm going to look further. Isn't Google a great thing?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:58 pm
I used to work with a research orthopedist and am not entirely jaded against them. And Family Circle is not the acme of med reporting. But I bet you will be able to ferret out some material on it in google. Sorry I didn't notice which issue of Family Circle it was. Might have been an oldie, but it seemed newish.
Could even be on the newstands.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 04:19 pm
What a fun thread! My recent cross country skiing fall left me with knuckles the size of a golfball....Fortunately they have reduced in size over the past 2 days. I can use the keyboard and paint, but cannot hold any weight in a "suitcase type mode" .

Worse, I just cant be bothered to go to a doc, wait around, get x-rayed, wait around, and fritter away 3+ hours......I am hoping time (and a frozen bag of peas) will do the trick!!!!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 04:34 pm
bones
Shepaints, given the swelling, are you sure you havn't broken some small bone(s) in your hand? Probably not if you can type. But are you really willing to take the chance?
Pessimist JLN
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 05:09 pm
Shepaints, take the time, go to the doc and make sure. Your hands are the insturment of your art.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 10:08 pm
So, Shepaints, how are your knuckles doing?
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:09 am
Much improved, thanks all!

Farmer....I enjoyed painting on wooden panels very much.
Recently though, when my work came back from a show, my panel suffered damage either in the break down or in transit . It has a large dent which I cant fix...unlike canvas. It has put me off using wooden panels.....
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:12 am
Much improved, thanks all!

Farmer....I enjoyed painting on wooden panels very much.
Recently though, when my work came back from a show, my panel suffered damage either in the break down or in transit . It has a large dent which I cant fix...unlike canvas. It has put me off using wooden panels.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 12:45 pm
Shepaints-Glad to hear about the healing.
Is your wooden panel a plywood, OSB, Masonite, or strait wood? cause each one has a special way to bring out minor dents. Major dentage can be a pain.
I hope we had insurance.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 10:50 am
Farmer....I bought an old oak door which I took apart. The inside panels were great for l........o..........n.........g, narrow paintings. If you can imagine taking a swing at one with a golf club, the dent would be about as large. Fortunately its on an outer border, so all is not lost....but the wood is pretty fragile and soft. It has also developed some cracks....again on the border.

BTW... spearmint or peppermint gum ?
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 08:56 pm
Watch out for roaches. They -love- egg tempera.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:30 pm
good advice and glad to see ya on a2k. Most temperas get a coating of varnish .
Since I havent posted anything here for a while, I have, gotten some more chickens to keep up my egg habit. Ive got 3 more for a total of 12, and Im getting a dozen a day pretty much. Thatll drop by August , when the birds molt but till then its eggs for everybody. The dogs coats never looked so shiny and I think theyre getting sick of eggs. I now have plenty for my egg temperas. Ive even done an egg tempera of a set of seven eggs. one of which is a colorful aurucana egg. The rest are brown Wyaqndotte.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:35 pm
egg
Farmerman, I hope you are using some of the eggs for huevos rancheros.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:42 pm
ummm, or Frittatas...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:43 pm
egg
Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:45 pm
JL, we are on a more cholesteroli intensive diet. Our use of eggs consiste of fried eggs atop a nice crispy fried slice of scrapple. (If you dont get scrapple, I cannot explain it to you nicely. ). Only the boy likes fluffy eggy stuff. And some of the concoctions he comes up with are rather gross. (a huevo with an insert dollop of p-butter and jelly) Its an acquired thing best enjoyed if your 14.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 09:49 pm
egg
Have you tried counseling?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 06:25 am
No I figure hed grow out of it when his friends discover his weird tastes . He also puts chocolate syrup on cereal. That I cannot watch , so I sit there and make "cat yakking up hairball" sounds.
0 Replies