Can all people on the planet become American conservatives?

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 07:32 am
How far could American conservatism replicate before it had to stop?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 08:07 am
It was imported from elsewhere, for instance, Europe, long ago.
Thomas33

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 08:15 am
@edgarblythe,
Where in Europe?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 09:33 am
@Thomas33,
Retrace the founders and emigres, dude.
Thomas33

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:05 am
@edgarblythe,
How much can it replicate?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 08:40 pm
I'd like to respectfully submit a request for a rethinking re the rash decision to disallow members tagging rights on thread titles.

I'm sure my point is proven.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:13 pm
@Thomas33,
Quote Thomas 33:
Quote:
How far could American conservatism replicate before it had to stop?

As far as we know, it can keep going until the host dies.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:40 pm
@Blickers,
That would be the Koch brothers, would it not?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 07:14 am
"American conservatism" would do a lot of good in many places so we can only hope it spreads far and wide.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 02:10 pm
@McGentrix,
Perhaps but not in the U S of A. the bottom 80% own 7% of the wealth opposed to 1% with 40% of the wealth. The 1% own more income than the bottom 90%. How do republicans help the 90%?
Blickers

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 06:49 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote Rabel222:
Quote:
The 1% own more income than the bottom 90%. How do republicans help the 90%?

They don't. They just feed people a bunch of phony "scandals" against the Democrats and that's how they get lower class whites to vote against minimum wage and unions, and how they get older people to vote for a party that has been trying to get rid of Social Security and Medicare for years.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 08:23 pm
@RABEL222,
A> Educate them in a state sponsored educational system instead of a Federal one.
B> Provide a better economy by encouraging more American employment through tax easements, tariffs on imported goods and provided a little bit of American protectionism.
C> Open interstate commerce for things like health insurance.
D> Provide a path for large companies to bring their wealth back to America and provide better employment for Americans in the lower 80%.
E> Stop providing livelihoods for people. Some people will fail. We can't all be winners in life and no matter what is given to some people, they will work harder at failing than succeeding.

What would you suggest? Slaughter the rich and give the poor their entrails?
Kolyo

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 11:23 pm
@McGentrix,
It's worth noting that free trade was a big part of what led to America's greatness in the 1950s. Our industry was much stronger than the rest of the world's because most of the developed world had just been crippled by a world War. Free trade opened new markets for us to sell to, allowing us to overcome any crises in consumer confidence at home.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2016 11:29 pm
@Kolyo,
Times have changed since. We need to look at new ideas and the may involve limiting free trade with America. I have zero issues with an "America First" motto leading an economic recovery. Pretty there aren't many other countries that do not have their own self protection ideas.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 03:26 am
@McGentrix,
Name ten ways "American Conservatism' , in its present form, not William F. Buckley Conservatism or even Goldwater Conservatism, would do a lot of good.
Give examples from Wisconsin, Kansas and Oklahoma from the previous eight years.
Show how North Carolina has thrived by utilizing present day principles and say what those principles are because, godknows, I can't figure out what the hell they seek to achieve other than their own greed.

Joe(That can't be right, right?(Nation
McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 07:21 am
@Joe Nation,
I doubt you and I would agree on what "'American Conservatism' , in its present form" is. You seem to have some preconceptions that I disagree with as I listed them above.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 11:47 am
@McGentrix,
I bet we agree William F. Buckley wouldn't recognize the Conservatism Mike Pence embodies.
Joe(Bill wasn't much of theocrat.)Nation
McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 01:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
I re-read this and nodded my head right along with it. I am pretty sure that Buckley would be far more upset about how National Review treated Trump than anything that is wrong with Conservatism today.

I have no doubt that you will read it and see completely opposite things than what I see in it. I read it and see exactly the things that Trump has laid out.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 08:46 pm
@McGentrix,
Why not. Its how the French finally got from under royalty that had screwed them for centuries. Of course the 1% has only screwed us for 36 years so the dumbed down voters may wait until it hits the century mark.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2016 08:50 pm
@Joe Nation,
Hi Joe. Where have you been. This site has been invaded by nutty jerks along with the ones who have been here for a long time. Its good to see someone of intelligence show up.
0 Replies