This is what we went to war over ...

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:58 am
An excuse for what?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:21 am
Whenever folks talk of Bush's inaction before 9-11, they always say that Clinton should have gotten Osama.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:59 am
An excuse for not catching Osama.

Sort of like saying 'maybe we should bomb the Pakistani tribes where he's at.' Implying that we shouldn't be going after him where he's at right now...

Maybe we should, yaknow, actually be going after the guy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:58 am
We are working with Pakistan and the Pakastani military trying to find and route Osama and al Qaeda. Simply because it does not makes headlines (which I think it should) does we have stopped looking or given up the search.

We are, yaknow, going after the guy.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:47 am
Joe Nation wrote:
This won't matter now. The bizzarroworld administration of the USA keeps shifting both it's reasons and it's reasoning for the war. They have gone from "immediate threat" and "possesses weapons of mass destruction" to um..... really, bad man and er..... had evil intentions, we're pretty sure.

And they took it further than that. It went to "liberating the Iraqi people." Honestly, who really gives a damn about the Iraqi people? If they really wanted the bad man gone they could have taken care of business themselves.
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:27 pm
Americans never cared about evil leaders killing their own people before, why now all of a sudden?

Last night I realized I don't actually give a rat's @$$ about what America does to screw itself over, they can say whatever the hell they want, they can believe whatever the hell they want, and I couldn't care less (unless they start mentioning Australia or India).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
where's osama ?

We should invade Pakistan and start bombing the tribe people who are hiding him, right?

Well that would at least have made more sense that bombing the Iraqi people, who had eff-all to do with the man.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:35 pm
well nimh, you musta forgot, we had Turkey to use as a staging area for the invasion of Iraq (Not Afghanistan) or did i mis-remember something. I mean Pakistan, really, that's just absurd, we would never make an alliance with a military dictatorship just for convenience would we? Certainly not someone with nukes who could use them in a New York minute.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:43 pm
And we'd never ever ally ourselves with a military dictatorship notorious for allowing the proliferation of nuclear technology and materials by its leading nuclear physicist . . . why hell, they'd might just sell that stuff to North Korea or somebody . . . yes, it's comforting to know that we are protected by a shield held aloft on the integrity of our leadership . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:46 pm
And Star Wars, set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:47 pm
Oh yeah, thanks fer remindin' me . . .
0 Replies