Should all life forms in the Universe be known as the Universe?

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 06:35 am
Do you think that every person on Earth and in the rest of the Universe should have the public identity of the Universe - not collectively, but individually.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,728 • Replies: 18
No top replies

nacredambition

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 06:38 am
@Thomas33,
Yes , except for you.

You should have unique nomenclature attaching to your being.

Nominative determinism is so suggestive.
0 Replies

SarahCarter

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 09:33 am
@Thomas33,
I personally believe there is life out there. In our solar system I think it is only microbial, or frozen in time as fossils. I think it's only a matter of time before we find it - in whatever form it is. Our technology needs to be more advance first to see it. I also believe that there are higher intelligent life forms (beings) watching our planet, and other planets for that matter. I would speculate that they are watching us now (like animals in a zoo), but they are only here observing us. In their eyes (assuming they have eyes ofc smile ) they see us as an under-developed species, and view us as too immature to even understand their existence. I would say they perceive us as just another animal behaving instinctively to a conditioned environment, it's just a part of human evolutionary process to them.

I have seen one UFO in my lifetime, so I can easily believe in other intelligent life forms from some other place other than Earth. It was quite an extraordinary experience for me. My brother witnessed it with me too.
Thomas33

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:28 am
@SarahCarter,
Thank you Sarah. I imagine myself that if life has transcended us, it means that its ability of self-awareness is perhaps gone, which to us would be troubling but maybe not to the life force in question.

I don't think I believe in relativity; if there were a more evolved life form elsewhere in the Universe, one that's without self-awareness, or at least forced to be without it because of the condition of its existence, the cliché would be that its able to cope, but in all honesty I have no idea what to think.

I believe that there is a single meaning, and that by default any life form that has ever existed applies to that meaning (this would include any member of any species), and that this prompts me to think that homo sapiens are relatively speaking the most advanced life form possible - naturally, I could be totally wrong, but logic tells me to suspect otherwise.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:25 pm
@SarahCarter,
Quote:
there is life out there
Yes, based on recent claims that there might be more planets than stars

Quote:
I would speculate that they are watching us now
Sarah I'd suppose a few such instances but not many, owing to the distances

Quote:
I have seen one UFO in my lifetime
Some of us, Sarah, might like you to describe it
dalehileman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:32 pm
@Thomas33,
Quote:
if life has transcended us
?

Quote:
I don't think I believe in relativity
I had understood it's pretty well proven, if not the matters of sheer speculation. However, that it speculates an infinite Universe, I'd be very skeptical

Quote:
one that's without self-awareness
Given the huge number of planets I'd suppose there are billions of 'em. Yet Tom, forgive, but I don't see how self-awareness has even entered into the discussion

Quote:
a single meaning
?

Quote:
think that homo sapiens are relatively speaking the most advanced life form possible
I'd guess that it is, given that a superior intelligence probly wouldn't have much evolutionary advantage
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 04:15 pm
Sorry Tom but we seem to speak different languages
Thomas33

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 07:00 pm
@dalehileman,
I understand. I think that the UN should say that anyone's experience of being inspired by the Sun is the meaning of life.

Have you ever been inspired by the Sun?
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:08 pm
@Thomas33,
Thomas, do you ever ask questions like these or make these kinds of statements to people in person, say to a friend or co-worker? Do those people promptly poke you in your eye or do they just ignore you? Do you think the Sun is a good reason to poke you in the eye? I do.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:56 am
@Thomas33,
Everything is God.
God is Everything.
I AM GOD.
You Are GOD.

When we are together again - We will know this, question this, and try to raise comparisons.

Enter - Big-bang, rinse & repeat.
Thomas33

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 10:54 am
@mark noble,
I agree about God being everything: it's this idea especially that inspires me to think that all life forms in the universe should simply be known as the universe.
mark noble

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 11:05 am
@Thomas33,
I go for 'omniverse', because of relative dimensions (observeable).
No point splitting hairs though.
Well said.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 11:15 am
@Thomas33,
Quote:
inspired by the Sun?
By the whole shebang
Thomas33

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 01:34 pm
@dalehileman,
That's great to know. And because any homo sapien can be inspired by the Universe, would you agree that the UN should declare all homo sapiens in the Universe as the identity of being inspired by the Universe?
dalehileman

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 03:49 pm
@Thomas33,
Sorry Tom but just not deeply into the matter. However doubt if UN would consider such
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 03:53 pm
@dalehileman,
I'm in agreement with you; we've heard of people who claim to have seen UFOs, but there are many people who also claim to have died and came back to life.
UFOs can be explained in many ways including mirage. Death means no brain function. If they died and came back, they were not really dead.
roger

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 05:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There you go again - being judgemental

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 05:31 pm
@roger,
You're right, you know! I gotta slow down, and drink more water - as my wife continues to remind me.
Is there a way to get us banned from a2k?
roger

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2016 06:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I checked the rules, and 'judgmental' doesn't qualify. Keep after it and we'll probably find something to get us banned.
0 Replies