Radon fan loud

Linkat

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:22 am
My radon system has been very loud the last couple of days. I looked up some details and a bunch of stuff could cause this. One company did note that you could try turning it off for a few minutes and then turning it on again.

Before I do this - would turning off the system cause any sort of problem? I figure this is the easiest thing to do first, but I wouldn't want to turn it off if it would cause a problem.

We did not initially purchase the system - the previous homeowners had this installed as part of our purchase of the home so I do not have alot of information on the system itself.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 699 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Region Philbis

Wed 6 May, 2015 07:24 am
@Linkat,

there may be some helpful info here
http://www.wpb-radon.com/Radon_fan_noise.html
Linkat

Wed 6 May, 2015 09:11 am
@Region Philbis,
I actually read all this - there was another one I read that said you could try to turn off the system for a few minutes and then turn it back on - sometimes this helps. I figured I would try this route first as it is the easiest - just wanted confirmation that turning off the system wouldn't cause a problem.
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Fri 22 May, 2015 12:00 am
Ok....thanks!
I will try to read all. May be it helpful for me.
0 Replies