Now I Know Why Americans Drink So Much He-Man Swill Beer

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 05:44 pm
Porters and IPAs are two of the easiest beers to make, so there is far less chance of having costly unsellable/undrinkable batches. Brewers convinced Americans that this is the stuff to drink because this is what the homebrewers were making because they were not skilled enough to make other beers.

I have been wondering about this for a couple of years, and it is nice to have the answer. I wish I was more shocked about the pathetic reason.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,061 • Replies: 2
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 06:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Good German beer is not difficult to make either, but it tastes better due to the basic pure ingredients. It's water, malt and hops, sometime yeast to make Weissbier. Instead of malt they use barley also, pure barley, nothing mixed.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 08:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
We have a place in town with 20 taps, one has their mead, and normally at least 15 of the nineteen rest are dark and/or bitter. It drives me nuts, there is a lot more that can be done with beer. When I complain they tell me that this is what people want to buy.

They have a couple of times had Andechs, that was nice.
0 Replies