Is A2K prejudice against conservatives?

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 06:10 am
I'm somewhat left-leaning myself. But I've noticed that anyone who holds right-leaning beliefs is treated very poorly on a2k.

I'm wondering if people here are aware that politics are pointless, and that the TRULY intelligent people are the ones who don't fall in line with either left OR right politics; and instead only follow/endorse solid critical thinking and good ideas no matter what side of the political spectrum they fall on...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,926 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed

Ragman

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 06:28 am
@nononono,
Quote:
...politics are pointless...

It's not so much the case that politics are pointless but more the case that arguing about politics is pointless. Of course, politicians are pretty pointless, as well.
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 06:42 am
@nononono,
I don't know if prejudiced is the right word...but the there are more liberals in general on ask ...just for whatever reason there are. either that or they just "speak" the loudest or just voice more of their opinions as a whole. But you can join other groups on the Internet where you can find the opposite.
djjd62

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 06:45 am
what i find amazing is that anybody supports any politician, or at least believes anything they say, they're all lying scumbags, no matter the party

now that being said always remember, vote early, vote often
nononono

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 06:46 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
what i find amazing is that anybody supports any politician, or at least believes anything they say, they're all lying scumbags, no matter the party

now that being said always remember, vote early, vote often

Haha! You get a plus 1 for that comment. Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 06:48 am
@nononono,
All the evidence proves otherwise.
0 Replies

nononono

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 08:54 am
I would even go so far as to say that people with conservative views tend to be straight up bullied on A2K.

And I voted for Obama twice! (Not that I'm proud of it)
Linkat

Fri 30 Jan, 2015 09:01 am
@nononono,
I have seen it both ways..but it may seem that conservatives seemed bullied more simply because of the higher number of liberals. Often times if someone gives a more conservative viewpoint, there are a slew of people jumping on them.
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:18 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

I would even go so far as to say that people with conservative views tend to be straight up bullied on A2K.

And I voted for Obama twice! (Not that I'm proud of it)

Well, I never voted for Obama, for that I'm thankful. As far as the bullies on A2K, part of the bully business is advanced by the liberals and part is advanced by numerous anti-Americans.

There is also an anti-education element on A2K made up by bullies, most of whom appear (!) to be females .
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:02 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
[....but the there are more liberals in general on ask ...just for whatever reason there are. either that or they just "speak" the loudest or just voice more of their opinions as a whole. But you can join other groups on the Internet where you can find the opposite.]

I'm inclined to agree with your statement. In my personal opinion, the overall environment on a2k leans more towards moderate. There are a few conservative posters who can ruin the tempo with their negativism, their defensive attitude at the ready which triggers a negative response in return; this site is a mirror image of mainstream society which tend to be moderate as opposed to conservative or ultraconservative. The conservatives tend to shout louder than the Liberals/progressives and sometimes one may get into a strong disagreement with one or two posters whose ideology is the direct opposite of one's own but then again this is to be expected on any board.

I've discovered there are some intellectually gifted posters on this particular site and that too might account for the measured climate.
0 Replies

Miller

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 01:46 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

. But you can join other groups on the Internet where you can find the opposite.

Both the WSJ and NYTimes present a more balanced and literate approach.
0 Replies