Cops Turn Their Backs On NYCity Mayor

roger

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 04:27 pm
@carloslebaron,
I had a remarkably similar experience this year, only I would say it was an even more disruptive event. I don't want to labor the experience, but can provide details if needed. Somehow, I think the message they were sending got a bit garbled at the other end. The message they were sending was probably one of respect for an officer who died in the line of duty. That, and respect. The message some of us received was more like "These are our streets, but most of the time, we let you use them.".
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 07:49 pm
Ok, allow me put to bed this fervor over cops turning their backs on the mayor that the resident histrionical idiots here are whining about.

Those who turned their backs were OUTSIDE watching the mayor on a TV screen. The Police Officers who decided to turn away while he was speaking was a strong message, and an effective message. It was not innapropate or disrespectful to Officer Ramos. The ceremony within the church was conducted with the utmost respect.

Instead of everyone focusing on whose back was turned, they should be focusing on the Mayor and his administration fixing the damage that has been done to the law enforcement in NYC. The mayor's lackluster speech at the funeral furthers concerns and fears that he just does not care enough. He needs to keep feeling the repercussions from his actions and derisive words.
0 Replies