Does being brainwashed (preconditioned) have benefits?

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 03:28 pm
If so, what are the the benefits?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 579 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 04:39 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Yes, if someone brainwashes you into thinking threats beyond your control actually don't exist at all, then that benefits you, because you don't waste time worrying about those threats.
Kolyo

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 05:20 pm
Another benefit of getting your brain washed is that it enables you to get on better with others who have had their brains washed.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 12:03 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Yes, if someone brainwashes you into thinking threats beyond your control actually don't exist at all, then that benefits you, because you don't waste time worrying about those threats.

When someone is brainwashed to fear, the fear will be there the rest of their lives. Here is a complete list of all the known phobias - A to Z

From Ablutophobia To Zoophobia

http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/phobia-list.html

0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 12:10 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

True, there is good brainwashing and there is bad brainwashing, all based on what you learn from your parents, sibs, teachers and peers.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:25 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Yes Ric it does, by avoiding decisions that cause headaches

My system however has to do with numbers: How many shall I get, how many times should I try, etc

…Three. But don't abandon commonsense. If 3 isn't enough, try three more

Haven't had a serious headache in 60 years

By the way love 36, uses 3 so well. Thus new numbering system for youngsters with higher IQ: 1--9, A--Z, 10

....offering almost limitless horizons without so much anxiety
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 06:53 pm
@Rickoshay75,
What do you think of my second point--namely that it's helpful to be brainwashed into believing the same bullshit that other people believe in?
(Whatever that BS happens to be.)

I personally believe that someone so brainwashed would be at an advantage in life, because by sharing in the values and beliefs of the brainwashed masses he would never have to worry about rudely awakening them from their mass hysteria and rubbing them the wrong way.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 01:19 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

What do you think of my second point--namely that it's helpful to be brainwashed into believing the same bullshit that other people believe in?
(Whatever that BS happens to be.)

I personally believe that someone so brainwashed would be at an advantage in life, because by sharing in the values and beliefs of the brainwashed masses he would never have to worry about rudely awakening them from their mass hysteria and rubbing them the wrong way.

True, but only if the brainwashing is beneficial, not fearful.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 02:39 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
it's helpful to be brainwashed into believing the same bullshit that other people believe
I suppose so, less friction
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2014 03:29 pm
@Kolyo,
@Rickoshay75,

Since we are all brainwashed to believe the same things, our reactions to stimulus is basically the same.
0 Replies