Is There Any Reason to Believe the Biblical Story of Creation?

Setanta

Fri 22 Aug, 2014 03:18 am
@graceforall,
Meaningless babble.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 22 Aug, 2014 03:57 am
@graceforall,
graceforall wrote:

The only way for me and most others is based on prophesy. Looking at what was established through history and from that proof what is to come. So basically it comes down to faith. All of history is basically based on events during times we was not present, but there are evidence of this topic that proves through archaeology that it happened.

Which prophecy exactly are you referring to? Please be clear and specific in your answer.
cicerone imposter

Fri 22 Aug, 2014 02:35 pm
@Brandon9000,
I think graceforall missed anthropology, the age of this planet, and all the other man-made religions of the world.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 27 Aug, 2014 08:11 pm
@Wilso,
Actually, the Bible is a pretty nice piece of literature. It's filled with exciting tales, beautiful poetry, and a lot of wise parables. Some folks miss this because they get far too worked up about religion, or they just can't appreciate fine literature.
Setanta

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 02:35 am
Which bible do you refer to? Do you assert that all translations meet the bill? That was a sufficiently vague claim, enough to be meaningless.
room109

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 07:47 am
@Brandon9000,
yes christ is lord, and i don't appreacte someone attacking christians by trying to destroy them, we will triumphim brothers fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight, if we neglect the suffering of one we will sure be cast down. cast down cast down lets go. fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight.
farmerman

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 08:13 am
@room109,
you've been enjoying too many chocolate chips in your cookies.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 10:50 am
@room109,
What does that mean if you write it in English?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 01:43 pm
@Setanta,
Am I to take it that this question and comment is directed to me?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 28 Aug, 2014 01:45 pm
@room109,
Is that like "onward christian soldiers?" LOL
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 11:21 am
@Brandon9000,
The universe exists. And it had a beginning. Why not 'God created teh universe by way of the big bang?' Something caused the big bang, might as well say God did it. Not like cosmologists are gonna answer that one. Smile
cicerone imposter

Sun 9 Aug, 2015 02:31 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Why assign a god when nature is the natural conclusion.
Foofie

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 10:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why assign a god when nature is the natural conclusion.

No it's not for the western mind. The western mind believes in a beginning, an end, and something that effects those ends. The eastern mind does not have a need to answer those questions, so they are not asked. I'm not saying those are correct questions, but the thinking is different. Why? That would not be proper to conjecture; let's just say that culture is a reflection of subtle differences, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Fri 14 Aug, 2015 10:10 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Actually, the Bible is a pretty nice piece of literature. It's filled with exciting tales, beautiful poetry, and a lot of wise parables. Some folks miss this because they get far too worked up about religion, or they just can't appreciate fine literature.

For those that are believers, it's not that "they get far too worked up about religion, or they just can't appreciate fine literature," but since it is believed to be "divinely inspired," it has import beyond literature. Charles Dickens wrote literature.

HesDeltanCaptain

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 09:28 am
Planetary history goes back 4.6 billion years. But life didn't exist for the first billion. So assuming God created the world 4.6 billion years ago, why wasn't the planet habitable right away? Smile
Smileyrius

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:56 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Excuse my ignorance my friend, but why should it?
neologist

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 09:37 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Do you think maybe too hot?
Just guessing; I wasn't there.
The time was recorded in Genesis before the first creative day, however.
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 10:57 am
@Brandon9000,
Actually there are many examples that make it plausible to believe that what the Bible teaches about creation is true. One such example involves a small lizard that makes it's habitat in Australia. Its the Thorny Devel Lizard (Moloch horridus). Whats unique about this creature is that it extracts moisture from fog, humidity, and wet sand. Then it channels the water to its mouth for drinking. What scientest wanted to find out was, how? Turns out the answer may lie in the lizard’s amazing skin.

Grooves on the surface of the skin are connected to a network of channels below the skin so that water is directed to the sides of the thorny devil’s mouth

Consider: The thorny devil’s skin is overlaid with scales. Some scientists think that moisture or dew collected on the scales runs down to the rough surface of the skin and enters the skin’s network of half-open channels, or grooves, located between the scales. These channels are interconnected and lead to the sides of the thorny devil’s mouth.

But still left to be answered is how does this lizard draw up water—up its legs, across its body, and into its mouth—defying gravity in the process? And how does the thorny devil extract moisture from wet surfaces by rubbing its belly against them?

Researchers have apparently unveiled the thorny devil’s secret. The channels on the surface of the skin are connected by way of ducts to another network of channels below, that is, within the lizard’s skin. The structure of these channels enables capillary action—a phenomenon in which water is drawn into narrow spaces even against the force of gravity. The lizard’s skin thus acts as a sponge.

Janine Benyus, president of the Biomimicry Institute, says that mimicking moisture-extracting technologies may help engineers design a system to remove humidity from air in order to cool buildings more efficiently and also to obtain drinking water.

So after just considering this one unique example found in the animal world, what do you think? Did the moisture-extracting skin of the thorny devil come about by evolution? Or was it designed, created by a powerful and wise Creator?

neologist

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 11:25 am
@anthony1312002,
Well, of course, evolutionists will give the same explanation they use for other complex processes. How did the cetacean blowhole evolve, since the necessary traits, had they arrived separately would have resulted in death? The answer is, of course . . .
We may not have all the intervening data as yet, but . . . Wait for it . . .
It happened . . .
Does that argument sound familiar?
anthony1312002

Tue 18 Aug, 2015 11:59 am
@neologist,
You are quite correct. I've found that even though engineers, biochemists and other reputable and respected men and women of science who at one time completely discounted the idea of a creator but who have in recent years been willing to adjust their views regarding the teaching of creation due to a better understanding of the complex structure of living things, have not been willing to publisize it. Why do think that is?