http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/stupidashell_zps9fa87960.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 5,518 • Replies: 62

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 04:04 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Maybe the 2010 elections were as important as some people believe. The sort of wild fears that are the core of this poster were never a real threat and the few people who actually I entertained them should be mocked, but it will take longer than a few years to judge the impact of Obama's presidency on America and it was greatly mitigated when the Dems lost the House. Just imagine Obamacare solutions to the problems Obama perceives to be so grave.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 05:05 pm
The hysteria can be quite comical. But it's also degrading our society like the rot creeping in an apple.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 06:17 pm
So it's been all ice cream and lollipops then?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 06:39 pm
No liberal on a2k has criticized Obama more than me. But many of Obama's shortcomings are a direct result of Teaparty influence and malevolence toward the president. He made the war in Afghanistan his own and has gone beyond necessity for accommodating many Republican ideals. I want Elizabeth Warren for our next pres.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 06:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
the few people who actually I entertained them should be mocked,

You mean like the GOP candidate for the second highest office in the land?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/aug/10/sarah-palin/sarah-palin-barack-obama-death-panel/

And then there are these
Quote:
After Palin's statement, conservative commentators including Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Malkin agreed that death panels were mandated by the proposed legislation.[1][84][85] On August 9, former House speaker Newt Gingrich backed Palin's "death panel" charge

Of course we can't forget Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2013/07/31/return-obamacares-death-panels
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/04/05/1829651/fox-news-resurrects-death-panels/
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2871245545001/does-the-left-owe-palin-an-apology/#sp=show-clips

Sitting Congresspersons
http://politicalcorrection.org/blog/200912230001

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/01/gop-resurrects-death-panels

It seems a lot of well known conservatives need to be mocked.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 08:28 pm
This you are happy about? This guy has turned out to be far more incompetent than I ever would have expected.

http://im41.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Graph-Obama-Job-Approval-Vs-George-W.-Bush.png
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 06:09 am
@hawkeye10,
Sorry Hawkeye old boy, I believe that the opposition has been more successful at portraying him as incompetent, and more people have gladly swallowed that, than ever expected. Do I think he's been a great President? Not necessarily. Do I think he's been systematically taken apart at every turn by the GOP and the money behind them? Absolutely. Do I think you can blame the apathy and purposeful ignorance of a LARGE portion of the electorate for willingly going right along with that? You betcha. It will be many, many, years before an objective review of his Presidency will be available. I have never made secret the fact I supported Hillary and thought Obama would never be able to swim with the sharks. I believed then and believe now that more people would have been willing to turn a deaf ear to the negative hype that goes on 24/7, and more of Congress would have been willing to participate in a bi-partisan fashion, if Obama was a white man, and I don't give a **** how many people come out of the woodwork with their "It's not that he's black, you're just playing the race card" bullshit. I'll go so far as to say if we had elected Hillary or any other white person there probably wouldn't be a Tea Party as we know it today. What a shame. I think Obama is a stand up guy who considering what he's been up against has done a good job.
parados

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 07:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Couldn't you find something a little more up to date hawk?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 08:57 am
@parados,
Why would he bother to look for something that might not corroborate his personal opinion?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 09:07 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Why would he bother to look for something that might not corroborate his personal opinion?

You do you have a document that challenges my story, right?

April 02, 2014,
Quote:
President Obama’s overall approval rating has ticked up in recent months, but he received one of his lowest foreign policy grades in a new poll.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found 42 percent approve of Obama’s job as president, compared to half who disapprove.

That approval rating is up 2 percentage points since January, according to Quinnipiac.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/202398-obamas-approval-ticks-up-but-low-on-foreign-policy#ixzz2yDHk6bTq
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook/

Well look at that, just 3 points above the number that Parados is bitching about being old and incorrect.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 09:37 am
I don't need to produce anything Hawkeye because I'm making no claims about his popularity.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 09:46 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I don't need to produce anything Hawkeye because I'm making no claims about his popularity.
normally a vilification of another opinion with the claim that it is personally biased would also come with proof that it is wrong. In this case since I am right the best you could do in civil discourse is to say that "he must be so thrilled to see that Obama is not a popular president". But even that would be wrong, since I started out being an Obama supporter, there are many threads here at A2K with me talking in 08-09 about what a skilled politician Obama is, and how he should be better than Hillary.

It was only once he got on the job and proved to both have poor judgment and be poor at working with others that I started to not like him.
parados

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 10:03 am
@hawkeye10,
And look at where Bush was at the same point? Suddenly we are talking about a difference of 7 to 8 points comparing Obama to Bush.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 10:14 am
@hawkeye10,
I also notice that my original post had nothing to do with his popularity but you chose to respond by changing the subject with that graph. Nothing you say can detract form the irrefutable facts of the meme I posted.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:19 am
I wouldn't have used the word "believe" the way Bear did...

...but he hit all the nails squarely on their heads.

Obama may not go down in history as a great president, but he will be seen as a competent one...and one who persevered in the face of opposition of a twisted sort.

The Republicans of this era will be seen as bottom of the barrel, do nothings...whose only reason for existence was to hurt any initiative Obama made no matter how their mischief harmed our country.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:56 am
As a Brit, I can't figger out why Obama has given Iraq permission to carry on building nuke reactors.
The byproducts will be handed out around the muslim world to make nuke bombs, so thanks to Obama WW3 is a step closer, is he the Antichrist or what?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 01:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Obama may not go down in history as a great president, but he will be seen as a competent one...and one who persevered in the face of opposition of a twisted sort.

He will go down as a president who massively failed to understand the shortcomings of the medical system, and who massively misjudged the problems of the economy, and who was almost completely irrelevant in the social changes taking place.

The fact that he faced a fanatical opposition will be barely noted, as is just, because great leaders must always overcome opposition. The fact that his opposition has not been tamed is just another sign of his failure to achieve. It will however be broadly noted that Obama made almost no effort to work with Congress, nor anyone else for that matter, largely explaining his lack of productivity.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 01:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

He will go down as a president who massively failed to understand the shortcomings of the medical system, and who massively misjudged the problems of the economy, and who was almost completely irrelevant in the social changes taking place.

The fact that he faced a fanatical opposition will be barely noted, as is just, because great leaders must always overcome opposition. The fact that his opposition has not been tamed is just another sign of his failure to achieve.

You think you are correct, Hawk...I think I am.

History will tell.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 01:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

You think you are correct, Hawk...I think I am.

History will tell.

Name even one president who has been given a pass for ineffectiveness or poor choices because of "opposition". Leaders are expected to find a way forwards, full stop. "but, but, but, People will not do what I tell them to do" goes nowhere with historians .