Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 02:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You ever watch that little car in a circus where twenty clowns come piling out , many carrying huge umbrellas?. Like watching them, I have no idea where Quahog gets his crap but its hilarious to watch and read.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
did it ever occur to you that the only reason you deny all that you deny is because it was served up to you during the process of your education

It is ok, you really, really don't understand it, you are way too far gone, mate!
And I mean t hat.
You are sooo convinced the Emperor has clothes that you think that anyone who say he is naked, must be mad,

Well, ok, mate.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:01 pm
Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah...but how do you really feel about him, FM?

Who cares? I know I don't!
And I see fm as utterly mad, believing in fairy tales and immense stupid illogical stories. It must be quit a job for him, eh?!

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:05 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You ever watch that little car in a circus where twenty clowns come piling out , many carrying huge umbrellas?. Like watching them, I have no idea where Quahog gets his crap but its hilarious to watch and read.

Yeah, I have.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_28eCSXd2D7QU5zrpX1gJqjsmHK8FxX_mwt_SyD-NqP-U8Xxv

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqzjmZ0TGrQz9HcGfz54C6BJ2sAWnyH0lGDnFdrC7ZZ8hQToIYWg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqzjmZ0TGrQz9HcGfz54C6BJ2sAWnyH0lGDnFdrC7ZZ8hQToIYWg

He's in there somewhere!
Frank Apisa

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
And the physics of the clown car are calculated here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/the-physics-of-clown-cars-feature
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:33 pm
It has always been like this! Wink
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bwNp6rF4OsY/Ujb5u53dy9I/AAAAAAAAAFo/9lT2G136xM0/s1600/quote-all-truth-passes-through-three-stages-first-it-is-ridiculed-second-it-is-violently-opposed-arthur-schopenhauer-164749.jpg
Quehoniaomath

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:33 pm
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyJCj6vy4r8gOW1hS8ONAy65Kx6CyJFHRlTzgoLkiuo8O8FTnv
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 05:53 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
     http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bwNp6rF4OsY/Ujb5u53dy9I/AAAAAAAAAFo/9lT2G136xM0/s1600/quote-all-truth-passes-through-three-stages-first-it-is-ridiculed-second-it-is-violently-opposed-arthur-schopenhauer-164749.jpg

THIS IS EXACTLY THE PATH FOLLOWED BY THE THEORY OF NAT SELECTION. As evidence mounted up over 150 yers ,and people, intelligent enough to impute this evidence and intelligent enough to analyze it, discovered. Nat Selection is a THEORY and a FACT.
Most biologists now want that Natural Selection be not considered merely theory but an organization of scientific LAWS (like ATOMIC THEORY).
izzythepush

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 02:14 am
@farmerman,
Q doesn't have any truth to offer, all he has is a list of things that are wrong. He has no reasons for why the things on the list are wrong. He doesn't even have a contrary list of things that are right.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 03:53 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Q doesn't have any truth to offer, all he has is a list of things that are wrong. He has no reasons for why the things on the list are wrong. He doesn't even have a contrary list of things that are right.

Are you sure or is this your wishlist? Wink
You can not show you are right, of course.
I have some truth, but it seems you can't handle that.
You very simply can't handle the fact that the evolution-religion-bollocks-shite-garbage-hoax is only that, a Gigantic Hoax!
But, it is vey funny to see people defensing it. I love reading that!
Just think abouthe fact that people HAVE TO MAKE UP EVIDENCE!
Think peppermoths, piltdownman and many other hoaxes.

WHY ON EARTH DO THEY NEED TO DO THAT IF THE SCIENCE IS REAL?????

simple, THE SCIENCE ISN'T REAL AT ALL!!!!
izzythepush

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 04:34 am
@Quehoniaomath,
If you have some "truth" try sharing it. That's what scientists do so other scientists can independently verify what they're saying.

All you have shown are a load of wild allegations with absolutely nothing to back them up. You claim to have researched these "truths" but have absolutely nothing to back them up.

The only thing you have clearly demonstrated are mental health issues.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 05:04 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If you have some "truth" try sharing it. That's what scientists do so other scientists can independently verify what they're saying.

All you have shown are a load of wild allegations with absolutely nothing to back them up. You claim to have researched these "truths" but have absolutely nothing to back them up.

The only thing you have clearly demonstrated are mental health issues.

Please tell me what my "mental health issues." are?
Not believing in fairy tales? LOL

I always thought people who do believe in fairy tales are the crazy one!
But eh?! It shows this world is mad, very mad, indeed.

0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 05:30 am
@Quehoniaomath,
1.Piltdown was exposed by folks within science and it was originally perpetrated by a lawyer and a con man. It was called a "missing link" by newspapers and was originally underpinned by a well respected priest scientist (who happened to be wrong as it turned out).
Noone can prevent against hoaxes, they occur all the time by those wishing to benefit financially or wanting to try to discredit science.

., IN MY OPINION, hoaxes ARE NOT A REFUTATION OF SCIENCE, THEY ARE MOST OFTEN A BEAUTIFUL DEMONSTRATION OF HOW SCIENCE IS SELF "CLEANING",AND HOW THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD AND FALSIFICATION ACTUALLY WORKS.

So far ALL hoaxes have been uncovered by science (including those that were perped by Creationists (remember the Paluxey footprints?
or the "300 million year old "human fossil" in a coal mine?) and the IDers like Michael Behe-{remember irreducible complexity???}.

-------------------------------------- your other "point" of discussion

2"Peppered moths" are an example of a unique means of natural selection, not necessarily evolution. Peregrine falcon predation of wild pigeons in California are another example from which we can develop fairly accurate "selection coefficients" as selection agents affect he reduction of one form of a species while another form is left to expand.
The three spined stickleback fish is another example .
Selection methods require long term investments for research (The peppered moth data is taking over 200 years to show how moths can increase one polymorphic form over anither due to changes in the environment.

The fact that peppered moths began being selected for the dark winged form as industrial air pollution took over Europe and the US was a pretty goo field study. To see that the SAME selection coefficient could be used to calculate the return of the white peppred wing form (as air pollution began being claned up in the 1970's) was amazing.
You have NO ammo to discuss anything against selection coefficients of polymorphic species. (In fact, when Haldane used the peppered moth as an example of industrial melanism--he NEVER claimed that moths were EVOLVING a new form. The two forms of the moth already existed in specific pre industrial ratios . Haldane merely talked about how NATURL SELECTION can work.

Kids in high school biology easily understand this concept, why don't you (and gungasnake?) You seem to act like its a big "gotcha" when peppered moths began to readjust their numbers du to changes in environments.ACTUALLY its just the contrary to your ignorance. Peppered moths demonstrate just one means of natural selection. Selection of wild pigeons with one coloration pattern by peregrines , is another. Sean Carroll states that industrial melanism (or any sort of environmentally driven selection) is not so much an example of what is mutationally possible (that's kinda a "genetic no-brainer"). Its an example more of what is ecologically necessary.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 05:37 am
@farmerman,
You just admitted they were hoaxes!!!!!!!!!

WHY THE **** DOES THIE EVOLUTIO SHITE NEEDS THAT IF IT IS REAL???!!!

MAN, THINK ABOUT IT, SEE THROUGH IT, STOP YO R LYING JOB AND GET A REAL JOB, MATE

man o man.
izzythepush

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 05:48 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

You just admitted they were hoaxes!!!!!!!!!

What does the fact that Piltdown man is a hoax prove? Other than it being a hoax. science proved it was a hoax.

You seem to be under the illusion that science is one big homogenous bloc with everyone action in unison. it's not, it's a bunch of individuals, and individuals play tricks on each other.

Quote:
Residents of Sitka, Alaska woke on the morning of Monday April 1, 1974 to a bright, clear day. They could see right across Sitka Sound to Kruzof Island, where the familiar sight of Mount Edgecumbe, a volcano dormant for 400 years, loomed. But today something was different about the view. A menacing plume of black smoke was rising from the crater. It looked like the volcano was preparing to blow!
Concerned residents spilled out of their homes onto the streets to gaze up at the volcano. Calls poured in to local authorities. The Coast Guard commander radioed the Admiral in Juneau who ordered a chopper be sent out to investigate.

As the Coast Guard pilot approached Mt. Edgecumbe, the plume of smoke grew in size. Finally he was right above it, and he peered down into the crater. At first, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He looked more closely, and then he laughed. Stacked in the cone of the volcano, burning with a greasy flame, was a huge pile of old tires. And spray-painted in the snow beside the tires, in 50-foot-high black letters, were the words "APRIL FOOL."
http://hoaxes.org/af_database/permalink/the_eruption_of_mount_edgecumbe[/url]

Now I suppose you would take this prank as proof that volcanoes don't erupt.

[url]
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 05:49 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Where dos the existence of the Piltdown hoax, contradict science?? (This oughta be good)
Quehoniaomath

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 06:19 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Where dos the existence of the Piltdown hoax, contradict science?? (This oughta be good)

You are really getiing very stupid!

But I will tell again, but I know it will be to no avail!

WHY THE **** NEEDS THE EVOLUTION SHITE A HOAX?!!

THE MERE FACT THAT HOAX ARE NEEDED IMPLIES THERE IS SOMETHING VERY VERY WRONG WITH THE EVOLUTIONS SHITE.

IMAGINE THAT PHYSICS DID THE SAME! (ONE DAY THAT DAY WILL COME THOUGH). THEY MAKE THEMSELF LOOK VERY SILLY.
izzythepush

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 06:52 am
@Quehoniaomath,
You're the one that's gone all Macbeth. Stupid people make unsubstantiated allegations.

Either you're mentally ill, a troll, or you're working for Putin in a vain attempt to put people off studying science in the west.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 08:06 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

THE MERE FACT THAT HOAX ARE NEEDED IMPLIES THERE IS SOMETHING VERY VERY WRONG WITH THE EVOLUTIONS SHITE.
Are you from Ukraine?
Your English is as good as your logic.

A hoax has many reasons for its being." Goofing on science " is only one reason.
Creationists have been trying to show Footprints of humns along ide of dinosaur trcks in the Cretaceous sediments of Texas. (THESE have been debunked by real scientists who showed, by microscopic examination of the altered dinosaur tracks that were gouged out n snded down to appear as human footprints. This was done by two "Fundamentalist trying to provide evidence that dinosurs nd humns lived together"

Yet, Ive asked you, here has science been shown to be wrong in discovering these hoxes nd reporting on them. Even when the fake bird fossils, that were glued up by a Chinese fossil hunter were bought by the NY Museum of Nat History, it was the museum itself that investigated the fraud because the fossils appeared "too good" to be true.

Youre balmy, a hoax is not any kind of indictment against science. Science has , in all cases, done the work in the discovery of the hoaxes and, in some cases (Like at the Dupont Museums) they make museum displays of the hoax material with explanations about the history an the story and research used to track down the hoaxers.
izzythepush

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 08:46 am
@farmerman,
I think in Q's deranged world, the Piltdown Man hoax was perpetrated in order to convince people of evolution's veracity. Completely n

The more he writes the more insane he sounds.