The State of Florida vs George Zimmerman: The Trial

JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
his incessant message about the US regardless of the theme of any thread on a2k.

I've pointed up the incredible contradiction in my post to MJ, CI, which you may or may not have read, depending upon whether or not you retreated to your tin foil lined ignore hole.

Spendius also pointed this out to you.

I've missed your measured response to either of us. You must be taking great care in crafting said responses. I do hope that when they come, they are at least the equivalent of the darling of the east coast editorial writers, Frank Apisa.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 02:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
I wonder why Firefly, you, MJ, Revelette, and the rest of the defenders of young Martin are not on CI's "Snowdon" thread. It has been a very very interesting thread, with many revelations and twists and turns that A2Kers normally find spellbinding.

In this grand bubble that we all inhabit, is young Trayvon Martin any more important than Nguyen Thi Kieu Nhung or Trien Meng Hiep or Tran Thi Le Huyen or the half million Iraqi kids who died because of yet another vicious US embargo?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We know that. Stop with the feeding.

JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 02:57 pm
@ossobuco,
There you go again, Osso, encouraging folks to join you in debasing a fundamental US principle.

Wouldn't it just be easier to point up how wrong all the sources I've provided are? You should follow the lead of A2Ks best editorial writer, Frank Apisa.

He doesn't encourage people to ignore what I post. He addresses the source material head on, countenancing no tangents or diversions. In short, he address things honestly. But that's always been Frank.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 03:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The course that Zimmerman took that everyone is using to refute his interview on tv needs to be verified by looking at the course syllabus.(It was an E-course with "webinars" and not a classroom. I get some webinar credits for my license in Va and Im aurprised what IS NOT contained within the regulations portions. Many instructors wish to have themselves memorialized as really comprehensive coverers of their assigned subjects. Qebinar classes are ok if you wish to get credits for some subject that is peripheral to your main degree focus. I can almost believe Zimmerman butBUT, I cant say ither way that he is telling a lie or not without careful scrutinty of the syllabus (If the state wants to make its case and go OVER indefatigably, all these "Alleged Lies" , because a huge part of their theory is that he is a bullshit srtist and a murderer whos just trying to save his ass.
Well, mr prosecution?
I admit that this would be a hole in the states case were they to let the defense's suggestion go unchallenged. Im sure the jury's got it on their notepads where Zimmerman is potentially lying and in what areas of testimony. That is the only place they can assess what really went on.
JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im aurprised what IS NOT contained within the regulations portions. Many instructors wish to have themselves memorialized as really comprehensive coverers of their assigned subjects.

One would suspect, Farmer, that that would be the same for many US "historians".
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
Since I'm not familiar with e-courses or the instructor's credibility, so I'll let the jury decide.

And, there's this.
Quote:
MON JUN 04, 2012 AT 06:02 PM PDT
Zimmerman Admits Lied to Court, Lawyer Suggests Blame Lies with Public
byPatriot Daily News ClearinghouseFollow
232 Comments / 232 New
Judge Lester revoked Zimmerman's bond last week because Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their financial status during a bond hearing, claiming he was indigent and without funds for the bond while they both knew website donations were over $150,000 at the time, or the amount of his bond. Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, responded that he realizes that Zimmerman's "credibility has been tarnished, and he will have to rehabilitate it."
BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 05:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Zimmerman's lies are many and self serving, but the defense says the are insignificant, of no effect and should be ignored in the all together.

Jeantel lies are few and made to protect the Martin family and herself from grief, but the defense says they are significant and everything she says should be suspect and considered lies.

In reality, the opposite is true in both cases.
BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 05:43 pm
I have a test for everyone:

Change everything 180 degrees. Trayvon is in Zimmerman's shoe - a trial for killing George with a claimed self defense defense, claiming George was walking through the neighborhood looking suspect. All the same evidence with Jeantel being a friend of George but is more educated and presentable in court. George is still neighborhood watch, but a minor. Trayvon is a respectable black man, but not neighborhood watch.

Is your gut feeling still the same? Mine is.....but, I think Trayvon would have been immediately arrested and given a bail he couldn't meet. The trial would also not have received national attention and would already have been over with Trayvon in prison for many years.
cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:09 pm
@BillW,
Some of us seems to see what others don't in this case, but I'm not all that surprised. Human perceptions are varied and biased one way or another.

Some support Zimmerman and others support Martin.

What it boils down to in the end is how the facts of the case are used by the jury to acquit or charge with a crime.

I'm curious to find out their findings and the reasons why.

JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What it boils down to in the end is how the facts of the case are used by the jury to acquit or charge with a crime.

I think that this case involves much more than that, CI. Florida, and other states, have opened a can of worms or a pandora's box or some such metaphor or saying that won't easily be closed or caught for fishing.
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Agreed, also a lot of people don't realized how much the interpretation of evidence and the law are at the hands of the jury. I remember at the trial in which I was on the jury, we would send out questions to the judge regarding evidence or the law. The judge would send back answer such as - "You have received your instructions", or "received the evidence" - "you must interpret them amongst yourselves". At that point it was solely the providence of the jury, regardless of how anyone on these threads interpret these matters or say they alone know what the law says.
firefly

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:30 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The course that Zimmerman took that everyone is using to refute his interview on tv needs to be verified by looking at the course syllabus.(It was an E-course with "webinars" and not a classroom..

How do you know it was an e-course? That wasn't the impression I had.

I recall the instructor saying he remembered Zimmerman from his class. He also gave the students hand-outs, and that doesn't sound like an e-class.

Quote:
SANFORD — A former Seminole State College instructor on Wednesday told jurors in the George Zimmerman murder case that in Florida, you can start a fight with someone, and if he fights back violently, you can use deadly force if you fear grave injury or death.

Prosecutors had called Capt. Alexis Carter Jr., now in the U.S. Army, to suggest that if anyone could cook up a plausible self-defense story following a shooting, it would be Zimmerman, who was taking criminal-justice classes in hopes of becoming a police officer.

Carter acknowledged that Zimmerman was in his criminal-litigation class in the spring of 2010. He was a good student, Carter said, and earned an A.

But as has happened several times in this case, a witness meant to bolster the state's case might have damaged it instead.

Carter said he provided handouts to his students about Florida's "stand your ground" law, a statute that has received a great deal of criticism since Zimmerman shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford on Feb. 26, 2012.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-day-18-20130703,0,665387.story

That does blast Zimmerman's credibility, because he did tell Sean Hannity he had never heard of Stand Your Ground.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:32 pm
@BillW,
Similar things happened during our deliberations too, but when we asked for evidence produced during the trial, we were always provided them.

One such evidence was the tire on the car, and a plaster impression and pictures of the tire tracks where it was found near the body. The "tire expert" did an excellent job of telling us all about tires during the trial.

firefly

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:39 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Agreed, also a lot of people don't realized how much the interpretation of evidence and the law are at the hands of the jury.

All of it is in the hands of the jury.

The jurors are the "finders of fact" in our legal system.

That's why the jurors are accorded the same respect as the judge--with everyone rising when the jury enters and leaves.
BillW

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm not talking about actual evidence but interpretation of the evidence or some kind of an explanation not in evidence. It understandable why, but can be very frustrating. Then some loud mouth on the jury would come up with some off the wall explanation and it would have to be talked back. Wow, just like here!
JTT

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 06:53 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
That's why the jurors are accorded the same respect as the judge--with everyone rising when the jury enters and leaves.

Hello everybody, this is your action news reporter
With all the news that is news across the nation
On the scene at the super market
There seems to have been some disturbance here
Pardon me sir, did you see what happened?

Yeh, I did...I's standing over there by the tomaters
And here he come
Running thru the pole beans, thru the fruits and vegetables
Naked as a jay-bird
And I hollered over at Ethel...I said don't look Ethel
It was too late, she'd already been incensed...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 07:11 pm
@BillW,
That happened to us too! We almost had a hung jury after our three month trial. It was the second longest trial in Santa Clara County in California.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:07 pm
@gungasnake,
Stupid jerk.
OmSigDAVID

Sat 6 Jul, 2013 11:05 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Stupid jerk.
U like SMART jerks better, right ?