How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Fil Albuquerque

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 07:58 pm
We can't, nor do we need to be certain.
All possibilities might for guessing purposes be or not be right.
Now what distinguishes the infinite set of possibilities from the ones we chose to investigate, is reason.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 08:18 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:
Your sentence simply makes no sense to me...and seems more like a sentence fragment than a sentence.

If you read the post to which JL was replying this should easily be cleared up.

It honestly does not, Cyracuz. I am not being obtuse...I just do not understand what JL was saying.
neologist

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 09:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm not totally sure,either.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:58 pm
@rosborne979,
Well put. Regarding the meaning of metaphysics I would say that at an obvious level Kant's "noumena" is metaphysical while "phenomena" is what we deal with in Science. But at a deeper level even our notion of "phenomena" (i.e., as complement of "noumena") is a metaphysical notion.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:14 pm
@Cyracuz,
My use of the term, metaphysics, is very unreliable; it almost depends on my mood of the moment. You say it refers to the study of reality as it appears to us. I think that the immediate appearance of reality is generally unproblematical when it pertains to purely sensorial experience. It is problematical when its appearance seems to be self-evident because it is a highly conservative naive-realistic cultural interpretation regarding its meaning. Metaphysics refers to purely extra-empirical (logical) conceptual constructions of reality.
0 Replies

kiuku

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 08:10 am
@reasoning logic,
I don't know. I'm not atheist but I can get along with atheist. I feel that religions and religious people are making me weak, and the religion itself personally is a strong advantage, to have a communion with God.

Um...my best friend growing up was atheist. shrugs.

I don't know, it's stop being hypocrites, they can't have this religion and have the World too and not give me the World too unfortunately. I don't care about it.

I don't care about their worldly affairs when this is their stated religion. I just don't care is what they really need to find out, where concerns religion and the World. If they weren't hypocrites I might care. But soon they will find out I just want to be left out of it all.

It almost seems hardly worth it and it almost seems, well it really seems like the point of Religion is to be without proof either way. But what would happen if you totally debunked a central myth though????? You see? Yes...yes you can disprove a religion that way I think, though the point or the common stance is that religion cannot be proven/disproven so as to say they are all wrong or all right...yea. I mean I think then either they are all wrong or all right. I think that's what people say anyway.

But what happens if you disprove one or two by virtue of debunking a myth; Say I figured out something linguistically that disproves a myth? What if I debunked a central myth, a central person or figure? then does another become more true than the rest? Now isn't that a bad thing for atheists?

Stop doing The World if you're doing Religion. sighs. seriously though. unless you're like, the Indian caste system. Even then you have to be Vedic if you're going to be religion.

please leave me alone, everyone that knows me.

I debunked a central myth of a world religion, and then sort of discredited a another one, and it was just like, I stopped writing.

I also debunked a scientific institution to be fair.

Weeell, alright, I'm outta here.
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 11:52 am
Quote:
Kiuku said: I feel that religions and religious people are making me weak

Yeah phoney "christians" are a pain in the ass, but they can't get under Jesus's radar-
Jesus said-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

Meanwhile the solution is simple, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)
"If you hang around with losers, you become a loser"- Donald Trump

So only hang with people who make you feel good..Smile-
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17)
0 Replies

Wilso

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 07:17 pm
@kiuku,
You're an expert in languages? I call BULLSHIT. You're a barely coherent twat. Just the sought that would seek solace in imaginary sky shamans.
Wilso

Mon 14 Jul, 2014 03:56 am
"sort"........****, I ******* hate mistakes like that.
0 Replies

ellease1

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 12:43 pm
@Wilso,
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17)

Iron sharpens iron of course, but in reality it does not work like that; the image in the mirror does not improve the mirror. Likewise you cannot improve on the reflection unless you change the face. What you see out there is a reflection of yourself. To change it you must perfect the only means that you have at your disposal; yourself.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 10:20 am
A shame we use one word, "religion", for many varied forms of worldview. I say that some worldviews are all wrong and harmful, some are profoundly beneficial and others are of mixed value. Religion in the sense of supernatural superstition is generally wrong-headed; religlion in the sense of the attempt to make obvious that we are inherently one with everything (to re-unite: religare) are generally beneficial.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 12:12 pm
That religions are "wrong"? Why? those are beliefs, people have the right to their own beliefs. Even the US Constitution respects to that.

That religions are "different" one from another? yes, one is about worshiping an invisible creator, another is about worshiping the Sun, and so forth.

0 Replies

Glennn

Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:28 pm
What if the truth is that the mass of individual humans is just an illusionary manifestation of the One's attempt to separate itself from itself for the purpose of knowing itself?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:29 pm
As far as I'm concerned--and this is just my opinon--fundamentalist Abrahamic "religions" are not even wrong.
0 Replies

FBM

Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:58 pm
"Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!"

- Pauli
neologist

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:36 am
@FBM,
I assume you are referring to the mental acuity of the OP. His thinking is convoluted to the point of ineffability.

Never too late to obfuscate, I always say.
FBM

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:39 pm
@neologist,
It works for both the OP and JLNobody's statement just above mine. Wink
0 Replies

Wilso

Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:54 pm
How can we be sure all religions are wrong? BECAUSE IT'S 2014. GROW UP YOU ******* IGNORANT MORONS.
Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Nov, 2014 04:49 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

How can we be sure all religions are wrong? BECAUSE IT'S 2014. GROW UP YOU ******* IGNORANT MORONS.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT8f9hAyJLBWOslvdNWPJr9XiqTrfvmh_FiTEqHGpZwIAA7A6Ytg
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 2 Nov, 2014 11:24 am
When I was young, I was forced to go to Sunday School. Consequently, I ended up believing that green things like trees and herbs were created before the Sun. Later in life, I kind of got mad at the adults in my life who subjected me to that kind of contradictory stuff before I was able to effectively examine the text. So, right off the bat, the Bible gives a chronologically impossible scenario. But for some reason, those adults in my life continued pushing the idea that, despite that obvious inaccuracy, the rest of the text is probably the absolute truth.