American Horror Story (TV)

chai2

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:09 pm
New season starts to night.

I usually don't pay attention to shows, but I listened about this on npr driving home.

Last season was successful, and they decided to revamp the entire story line this year, from Jessica Lange playing evil old southern woman (not sure), to Jessica Lange playing the nun who runs an insane asylum.

We're going to record them all starting tonight.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,983 • Replies: 16
No top replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:13 pm
@chai2,
It doesn't start until 10 here, Morgan is already in bed, I'll have to tape it for him. Thanks for the reminder!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:15 pm
American Horror Story (TV)

i thought the debate was last night
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:18 pm
@chai2,
I watched last season. Parts of it were cool -- it really had the making of a good story....

.... then it just went all high camp. A bit too over the top. It lost it's menace.

I'll probably record it again this year but if it gets campy I'll give up on it much sooner. It could have been really cool last year but there were some serious missteps, in my opinion.

Jessica Lange was the best part of it last year so I'm glad she's back even if she's a different character.

djjd62

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:28 pm
@boomerang,
there was a trailer for AHS on the DVD set of The Killing season 1

or so i found out once i saw the DVD set for AHS season 1 the other day, since the trailer never once said (in sound or written word) what the show being advertised was
boomerang

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:43 pm
@djjd62,
I believe it.

The Killing was another show that could have been so much better.

I'd be tempted to blame the writer's strike but that was 2007 so it shouldn't have still been having an effect on 2011 TV.
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 07:55 pm
@boomerang,
I hung around the house today, trying to nip a chest cold in the bud, taking anti-bionics.

I'd recorded all the series so far, and have watched a few episodes today..

Actually, I watched the latest one first, and realized a lot of interesting stuff had happened since the first episode (which I was just ok with, wasn't that impressed) . I went back to connect the dots, and I've been enjoying watching.

Has anyone else been watching?
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 08:00 pm
@chai2,
BTW, I never want to hear this song again.

pass the thorazine.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 08:03 pm
@chai2,
I watched the first season several weeks ago. Got the copy of the DVDs from the library. Since I don't have cable I will have to wait for the second season to come to the library or even Netflix streaming. Until then I'm waiting....
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 08:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Jessica Lange is not just an evil nun running a looney bin, she's an evil YANKEE nun running a looney bin.

ok, I'm going back to watch more.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:53 pm
Coming this April, American Horror Story and FX will be getting competition:
Hemlock Grove Trailer: American Netflix Story
http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/hemlock-grove-trailer-netflix.html?mid=agenda--20130110
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 08:54 pm
I finished watching the second season (Asylum) this week. So disturbing! Yet so perfect! They do things quite creepily down there in Massachusetts!

Can't wait until I can get my hands on Coven. Twisted Evil
chai2

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 09:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'll have to check that out. I'm not sure if I only watched one season of Asylum, or if it covered 2 seasons.

I really enjoyed whatever season it was I watched, we had recorded it on our regular cable long before we switched to netflix.

I'll tell you one thing though, I would fast forward past the parts that were supposed to be today, where those 2 people were running around in the dark screaming and carrying on. Did nothing for me. I'd watch when it was the back in the day scenes.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 01:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Can't wait until I can get my hands on Coven. Twisted Evil

I'm over 3/4s through Coven. Not as scary as the first two seasons but still amazingly good television.
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 03:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm about half way/three quarters of the way through too.

I like the character played by Jamie Brewer (Nan) better than I liked the part she played when she was Jessica Lange's daughter.

Sarah Paulson has been in all 3 seasons, hasn't she?
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 05:40 pm
@chai2,
Oh, and Angela Bassett. She's so beautiful.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/3e/f3/52/3ef3526df21f594b3e0c596ef97e18b4.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 09:35 pm
Finished watching the season. Quite good.

An aside, I could not figure out what Myrtle Snows last word was, no matter how many times I re-ran the segment.

I just googled asking that information, and when I figured it out, I had a good laugh.

Very much worth watching first and google later, don't spoil it for yourself.
0 Replies