Is Obama Bush 2.0?

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:59 pm
So, I found this interesting. What do you think?

http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/08/bush-20-100-ways-barack-obama-is-just.html

Quote:
The election of President Obama was in no small part, a referendum on the administration of George W. Bush, and his victory was interpreted as a sound rebuke to eight years of open ended warfare, a vast and growing police state, the destruction of civil liberties, disregard for the Constitution, unchecked executive power, lies and broken promises, hypocrisy and arrogance, a lack of transparency in government, out-of-control federal spending, fever-pitch fear mongering, rampant corruption, and some really stupid gaffes. But what have we gotten instead?

More of the same. A LOT more of the same. In fact, every negative aspect of the Bush Administration has come back with a vengeance in the presidency of Barack H. Obama. Everything the American people detested so strongly about Bush has not only characterized the presidency of his successor, it's gotten much worse. Don't believe me? The following is a list of 100 ways President Obama is just like President Bush. We might as well consider it a third Bush term on steroids, or call Mr. Obama "Bush 2.0." If you honestly didn't like Bush, you can't possibly justify liking Obama, not unless you ignore the facts:

List follows that introduction.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 02:21 pm
@McGentrix,
I think if Mr. Obama is Bush 2.0, the Republicans shouldn't bother with Mr. Romney and just re-elect Mr. Obama. He's already a lovely right-wing American politician.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:12 pm
@McGentrix,
I think it'interesting as well.

From a military standpoint, at least Bush was trying to win.

0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:24 pm
I think this will be a single-issue election, with the economy (jobsjobsjobs) being the issue.

List is interesting, though.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:45 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

It's not a list of 100 ways Barack Obama is just like George W. Bush, it's a list of 100 things that the author doesn't like about Obama.

OK, we get it, Humble Libertarian, you don't like Obama.

What I find interesting is that you find it interesting, McG. Does this mean you're a libertarian now? And are you willing to say that Obama is just as bad as GWB?
McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:54 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

It's not a list of 100 ways Barack Obama is just like George W. Bush, it's a list of 100 things that the author doesn't like about Obama.

OK, we get it, Humble Libertarian, you don't like Obama.

What I find interesting is that you find it interesting, McG. Does this mean you're a libertarian now? And are you willing to say that Obama is just as bad as GWB?

Libertarian? ME?! hehe...

Quite the opposite actually Joe. I may be willing to say that Obama may just be as good as Bush in many respects.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 05:25 pm
@McGentrix,
Geez McG you're depriving Chicago Joe of one of his most relied upon comebacks.

Libs love to throw out the "Bush did it!" argument, on the assumption that anyone who disagrees with them loved W.

The best response to the "Bush did it!" argument is "Yes he did!"

Not sure what your take on W is, but no one hates him like the Libs.

Given that hatred, any accurate comparison between Obama and Bush should cause them to recoil and pledge to vote for whomever the Green Party is running in November.

Of course it doesn't though because their favorite rhetorical attack is to argue hypocrisy. If you don't like something Obama is doing, and Bush did it too, you must be a hypocrite. The notion that you might not have liked it when Bush did it doesn't cross their minds.

Look at the Fast & Furious scandal: Every Democrat and Liberal "strategist" and operative is taking great pains to point out that there was "gun walking" during the Bush years.

The ones with any integrity at all, immediately back down when an accurate comparison is made, but still they have to throw it out there.

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 08:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Geez McG you're depriving Chicago Joe of one of his most relied upon comebacks.

Libs love to throw out the "Bush did it!" argument, on the assumption that anyone who disagrees with them loved W.

Actually, McG did support Bush. Are you new around here?

And I asked because the most McG can make out of this list is that Obama is as bad (or as good) as Bush, which isn't really the sort of statement one makes if one likes one and dislikes the other. I can understand a libertarian making that comparison, because a genuine libertarian would dislike both of them. But McG liked GWB.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Given that hatred, any accurate comparison between Obama and Bush should cause them to recoil and pledge to vote for whomever the Green Party is running in November.

Depending on who they run, I most likely will be voting Green this November.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 08:49 pm
@McGentrix,
I agree to a point: Obama does echo Bush in more ways than I'm comfortable with. Indeed, I started a thread to complain about some of them. But since the only alternative is a candidate that promises to be more like Bush than Obama is, I don't see what I'm supposed to do about this problem.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2012 01:16 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
I agree to a point: Obama does echo Bush in more ways than I'm comfortable with. Indeed, I started a thread to complain about some of them. But since the only alternative is a candidate that promises to be more like Bush than Obama is, I don't see what I'm supposed to do about this problem

Hold your nose, if you have to, but vote for Barack Obama.

Frankly, I think Obama got about as much as any Democrat could have...considering the toxic political climate. I doubt seriously that Hillary would have gotten appreciably more...I doubt Bill Clinton could have gotten appreciably more...I doubt that Franklin Roosevelt or Lyndon Johnson would have gotten appreciably more.

Obama certainly disappointed....and will continue to do so. Any president elected these days will certainly disappoint...the problems government is dealing with are much too complex and some demand solutions that will frost most people's asses.

The Constitution, as wise people have noted, was not conceived as a suicide pact. There are things being done that anger me beyond words, but I suspect some have to be done to keep my sorry ass safe.
0 Replies