Your Quote of the Day

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 02:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
And I wanted to give you more than one thumbs-up for that one.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can't be certain of their reliability."
Abraham Lincoln
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 04:48 am
"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
— Dr. Seuss (Happy Birthday to You!)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:42 am
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
— Nelson Mandela
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 04:38 am
What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.
Saint Augustine
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 04:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education.

Thomas Jefferson, 1821
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 06:09 pm
"Solitude produces originality, bold and astonishing beauty, poetry. But solitude also produces perverseness, the disproportianate, the absurd and the forbidden."
— Thomas Mann (Death in Venice and Other Tales)
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 09:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Now I know men. I prefer dogs."
-- Adolf Hitler
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 09:11 pm
@wmwcjr,
Something he proved quite well.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:37 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
"Solitude produces originality, bold and astonishing beauty, poetry.
But solitude also produces perverseness, the disproportianate,
the absurd and the forbidden."
— Thomas Mann (Death in Venice and Other Tales)

Something the internet proves only too well.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:18 pm
@George,
Can't argue with that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:22 pm
“Rummaging in our souls, we often dig up something that ought to have lain there unnoticed. ”
― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
Rockhead

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
I like that one, ed...

hey to punky.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:27 pm
@Rockhead,
Punky says, "You got a treat for me?"
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 01:50 pm
“Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in
your garage makes you a car.”
― G.K. Chesterton
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:33 am
Presently we discovered two or three villages, and the people all came down to the shore, calling out to us, and giving thanks to God.… An old man came on board my boat; the others, both men and women cried with loud voices: "Come and see the men who have come from the sky. Bring them victuals and drink."
13 October 1492
I wished to give a complete relation to your Highnesses, and also where a fort might be built…. However, I do not see it to be necessary, because these people are simple in armaments…. With fifty men I could subjugate them all and make them do everything that is required of them.
14 October 1492
Christopher Columbus
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:55 am
Ed: I enjoyed your last one and the previous quotes.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It is a waste of your time, and it annoys the pig." ~ Arthur Unknown
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 05:00 am
It would amuse me to hear a pig try to sing. But after a short time, it would likely annoy me as much as it annoys the pig.
Ragman

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 05:39 am
@edgarblythe,
b-sides, it's not Kosher!
0 Replies

kevsz14

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:18 am
@edgarblythe,
If you think that a person hates you , It does not come from he's facial gesture, It came from your own attraction and attitude.
~ xD kevsz14 xD
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:51 am
“I’m not leaving, and by the way I’m hungry,” said on September 13, 2001, after [George W. Bush] was warned about a serious threat to the White House. (He then ordered a cheeseburger.)
http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2011/09/laphams_quararlys_food-nerd_is.html?e=grubstreet--20110914

In a rare moment, I am in agreement with our former President. Despite financial hardships, I shall persevere here in NYC. I am in constant pursuit for the perfect New York cheeseburger.