Michelle Obama Rouses NAACP Before Vote Condemning 'Racist' Elements of Tea Party

djjd62

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:26 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:
suggesting death to "white cracker babies".

so you're saying that's a bad thing

'cause now i'm gonna have to totally rethink my christmas card message this year
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 09:45 am
@woiyo,
Quote:

To me, these are racists sentiments. This is making an excuse based upon one skin color for their so called problems.

Are you ******* kidding? Those things she said are 100% true, all of them. And she is exhorting the group to work harder to correct these things, in part by getting off the couch and working for the things they want.

You guys just hate her and Barack, dontcha?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:51 am
Would you guys lay off Woiyo already? You've obviously got him pegged wrong. He's an independent thinker. How do I know? He says he is.

Independant [sic] thinker with no political affiliations.

http://able2know.org/user/woiyo/
parados

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 11:14 am
@JTT,
Some people write works of fiction in their profiles.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 12:21 pm
St. Louis Tea Party organizer Bill Hennessy wrote on the group's website Tuesday that the Tea Party stands for smaller government and fiscal responsibility, and accused the NAACP of abandoning black America.

"When you look at the crime and poverty and family breakdown of the African-American community ... you see a half-century of failure by the NAACP," he wrote. "None of those persistent problems was caused by the Tea Party movement, yet the principles of the Tea Party are exactly what's needed to wind down the multi-generational destruction in the African-American community.

"The NAACP was once a vital weapon in the war against segregation and oppression. All that's left is a bigoted and malicious shell that does far more harm than good for people who need a break," he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/13/tea-party-preempts-racist-resolution-condemns-bigoted-naacp/
parados

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 12:36 pm
@woiyo,
Thanks for showing us that the Tea Party is nothing but a racist organization wioyo.

Now if only you could find an instance of Michelle Obama attacking whites in her speech you might have something.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 07:57 pm
@ebrown p,
Do you think that's a picture of okie?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 07:59 pm
@parados,
A great many American conservatives are followers of Leo Strauss who taught that the leaders of any nation SHOULD lie to the public.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 08:01 pm
@woiyo,
You need to read "Slavery by Another Name," the Pulitzer Prize winning history penned by Douglas Blackmon who is a white writer for the Wall Street Journal.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 08:03 pm
@woiyo,
Fiscal responsibility for the American right means stepping on the fingers of those clinging to the economic rung on their attempted trip up the ladder.
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:31 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Would you guys lay off Woiyo already? You've obviously got him pegged wrong. He's an independent thinker. How do I know? He says he is.

Independant [sic] thinker with no political affiliations.

http://able2know.org/user/woiyo/

i'm glad real glad for this rprofile
thank you jtt
Quote:
Native American with strong beliefs in our Constitution. Independant thinker with no political affiliations. I believe politicians, as public servants, need to understand they need to EARN my vote. Military Vet and busness owner who never received or asked for handouts.

GO woiyo

ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:10 pm
@ABE5177,
Quote:
Native American with strong beliefs in our Constitution

This strikes me as a funny use of the term Native American (I bet his ancestors immigrated from Europe in the past few hundred years).
djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:14 pm
@ebrown p,
so you don't think this is woiyo?

http://gravybread.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/crying-indian_fullhead80p.jpg

ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:46 pm
@djjd62,
Depends on what he considers is his Constitution?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:49 pm
@ebrown p,
I can't see any reason for Woiyo to lie about his ancestry, Mr Brown. What would he stand to gain by that?
ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:58 pm
@JTT,
The term "Native American" has two meanings.

I wasn't accusing him of lying, I just suspect was using the term "native" in the sense of "born here". If he corrects me, I will believe him. In that case the discordance between his political views and his ancestry will amuse me.

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:21 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:

It does?

Quote:
In that case the discordance between his political views and his ancestry will amuse me.

That has always puzzled me a bit.

ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:30 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:

It does?

Sure. Native is an adjective implying a sense of permanency or belonging. I have heard the phrase "Native New Yorker" to mean someone who spent all their lives in New York city... as opposed to the tourists or transplants.

The Nativists, as in people who are opposed to "foreign" influence in the United States, are almost always descended from northern Europeans.

I will let Woiyo answer for himself as to whether he has ancestors who were in North America 1000 years ago. I suspect not.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:43 pm
@djjd62,
What is the purpose of that photo?
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:49 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
Sure. Native is an adjective implying a sense of permanency or belonging.

'native' is an adjective.

'Native American' is a noun.
0 Replies