Feds Closing in on Palin E-mail Theft Hacker

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:30 pm
Newsmax.com Feds Closing in on Palin E-mail Theft Hacker

The FBI and Secret Service investigating the hacking of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's private email account, which circulated widely on the Internet Wednesday, have uncovered a digital fingerprint which should lead them to the culprit.

An article posted on the Web site WikiLeaks contains snapshots of email exchanges the Republican vice presidential candidate had with colleagues, as well as private family photographs.

The Associated Press obtained all the emails and ran stories about their contents, but when the Secret Service contacted AP on Wednesday and asked for copies of the leaked emails, AP hesitated to cooperate.

A campaign spokesman for presidential running mate John McCain calls it a shocking invasion of the governor's privacy and a violation of law. A statement issued to the media Thursday says the matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities.

clicky
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,218 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 08:08 pm
@Drnaline,
Why is it when a person hacks/snoops/searches a government official, it's called a "shocking invasion of privacy and federal law", but when the government does it to you, it's called the "Patriot Act"?

Besides, she deserves it for using "Popcorn" as her password.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:32 pm
@Drnaline,
They call it that because what they did is ILLEGAL.

Quote:
Besides, she deserves it for using "Popcorn" as her password.
Very telling.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:36 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60136 wrote:
They call it that because what they did is ILLEGAL.

Very telling.

So is searching without a warrant. You should really read that "Constitution" thing.

Sure, what he did was illegal, but the damage is done and I am sure there will be some skeletons trotting out of that closet soon.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to snag that entire account's email archive in one fell swoop. Actually it's easy as hell.

POPCORN!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:14 am
@Drnaline,
How much you wanna bet it's a dem who did it. And when he goes to jail you'll complain about diebold.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60158 wrote:
How much you wanna bet it's a dem who did it. And when he goes to jail you'll complain about diebold.

The person who did it is not of any political affiliation. He's a 20 year old kid.

What does Diebold have to do with THIS thread? Still hurt that you can't come up with anything more than punditry.

Typical Sanchez. :rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:01 pm
@Drnaline,
Why don't you mention who is father is? Hiding something?
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:07 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60186 wrote:
Why don't you mention who is father is? Hiding something?

No need to. His father had nothing to do with it and you have absolutely no evidence to the contrary. That's like blaming my old man for what I may or may not have done.

Keep trying.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:06 pm
@Drnaline,
How do you know his dad didn't? In case anyone is wondering who his dad is: "MSNBC correspondent Sharon Cobb reported that university student David Kernell and his father (D) Mike Kernell, a Tennessee Democratic State Representative, met with David's lawyer late Friday night for dinner."
Your biggest life mentors are your parents, i must say, he taught his son well.

emphasis mine, and had it been a repug would your responce be the same or would you be proclaiming to the high heavens?
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:39 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60260 wrote:
How do you know his dad didn't? In case anyone is wondering who his dad is: "MSNBC correspondent Sharon Cobb reported that university student David Kernell and his father (D) Mike Kernell, a Tennessee Democratic State Representative, met with David's lawyer late Friday night for dinner."
Your biggest life mentors are your parents, i must say, he taught his son well.

emphasis mine, and had it been a repug would your responce be the same or would you be proclaiming to the high heavens?

The burden of proof resides with the accuser. In this case it would be you. I don't have to prove something didn't happen, you need to prove it did.

Innocent until proven guilty, remember that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2008 07:55 am
@Drnaline,
Where did i accuse him? The burden is on the prosecution. If he didn't do it why is he where he is?
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:35 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60287 wrote:
Where did i accuse him? The burden is on the prosecution. If he didn't do it why is he where he is?

The kid did it, the father did not. You tried to make a link between the person who did it and his old man. You have no substance or evidence for such a claim. His dad probably met with the lawyers to make sure that sonny boy coughed up everything... or at least what he had. Remember, the password and its challenge answers were put in the open and stayed that way for quite some time. Wouldn't be a problem for somebody to snag all the emails and sneak away under the radar while the feds go after the guy that started it.

Yesterday's thinking never solves tomorrow's problem.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 09:15 pm
@Drnaline,
I don't need substance or evidence to make a claim. The cops are lookin for a hack, the trail lead back to him. It's not my fault. Sonny boy is an adult, but daddy's got connects.
Quote:
Remember, the password and its challenge answers were put in the open and stayed that way for quite some time.
But when your not the person those passwords and challenges belong too, things tend to get a little illegal.
Quote:
Wouldn't be a problem for somebody to snag all the emails and sneak away under the radar while the feds go after the guy that started it.
If he's the guy that started it then he deserves what he gets. But pappy will be sure it don't go too hard for sonny.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:34 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60444 wrote:
I don't need substance or evidence to make a claim. The cops are lookin for a hack, the trail lead back to him. It's not my fault. Sonny boy is an adult, but daddy's got connects.

But you need it to back one up.

Quote:
But when your not the person those passwords and challenges belong too, things tend to get a little illegal.

Nobody debates that. You're trying to lay blame on somebody who did not commit the illegal act. Again, you make a claim... back it up.

Quote:
If he's the guy that started it then he deserves what he gets. But pappy will be sure it don't go too hard for sonny.

Kinda like how daddy helped W out, right?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 11:50 am
He was sentenced to a year in jail.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 12:12 pm
@Drnaline,
I am looking forward to the next 2 years of the house bringing up tempest in a teapot bullshit like this. All the repubs know is investigate so they dont have to do anything about our problems. I guess its what the voters wanted.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 03:43 pm
The democrats are always doing sneaky sh!t like this and it looks like their spawn are going to be even sneakier.
0 Replies

holden

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2010 07:01 am
Who Cares? Palin is a moron. In any civilised country she would have been charged with incitement to murder for her comments on Julain Assange.. whos crime was .. telling the truth.
0 Replies