"ParetoLogic File Cure" is it a scam?

Bud2701

Tue 15 Mar, 2011 03:43 pm
@Pensioner,
I, too, fell prey to the ParetoLogic scam involving FileCure. I bought the damn thing and can't open it. I tried to got both them and SafeCart through e-mail. No phone number and no workable emails. Me? I'm going to refuse payment on my credit card. My credit is too good anyway.
Robert [email protected]
0 Replies

Wolly

Fri 1 Apr, 2011 06:24 pm
Your answers have all been sobering!! I fell for the scam and paid $US39.98 (over $NZ $60, and I am a pensioner). Less than a minute after opening the application my computer crashed and I have paid over $NZ200 for repairs. The computer seems to be ok now. We need a site like this to be more easily found, or maybe a "Geek" could start a site similar to Snopes to which we could refer for guidance before we downloaded this muck?? No Question***Do Not Touch It!!!
dadpad

Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:52 pm
@Wolly,
Maybe you should just google search the name of things before you download them. Have a look at a few different sites before making a decision.

Ps All Blacks are pussies.
0 Replies

cgunoftheinternet

Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:12 am
@Vicki054,
Thank (insert nondenominational, non-offensive deity here) that we run a 64-bit computer AND use Kaspersky Internet Security. This sounds like a really nasty bug.
dadpad

Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:11 pm
@cgunoftheinternet,
All Blacks Are the New Zealand ruby team.

My apoligies to those who may have taken my post above to mean anything other than a jibe.
0 Replies

br8ck

Sat 9 Apr, 2011 12:43 pm
@Vicki054,
Try Malwarebytes. Free download that updates immediately upon download
0 Replies

Uncle Bear

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:20 pm
The "free" lead-in reeks of "bait and switch" marketing and that creates an ethics problem for any dependable company. That said, I decided to purchase the software and have had no problems over nearly a year. It seems to work. I notice most of the complaints seem to come from those offended by the false promise. That is understandable; but I have heard no problems about the usefulness of the purchased software. Am I missing something?
0 Replies

adeline200

Wed 20 Apr, 2011 04:47 am
@bobcomp,
adeline thomas
this is crap, i want a refund??????
0 Replies

wwf stlouis mo

Thu 21 Apr, 2011 04:55 pm
@dadpad,
i got the same pop up to fix a extension so i could play a file on windows media player i had found i had 15 files to need to be fixed so i called my computer expert he said do not run it imediately go to uninstall programs and uninstall the program.yes its a scam!!!then go to start search for file cure programs that still will be in computer scan then delete them to trash ben then restart your computer. steve st louis mo 4/21/2011
0 Replies

ALSCOT

Tue 17 May, 2011 09:07 am
Join the club guys. Downloaded it a couple of days ago onto my nephew's machine on a recommendation from another link. CHAOS. Trying to uninstall the thing is seriously not easy. I'm no geek but no idiot either. And I'm now reduced to going cap in hand to a geek friend. If this thing is really Paretologic, they're getting scrubbed from my Christmas card list. GRRR.
0 Replies

Myrrie

Wed 18 May, 2011 09:50 am
Just wanted to say thanks for the info. it seems the overwhelming vote is that it is a scam, or at the very least better things can be found that truly are free. I go to college online, I majored in IT network admin for 3 semesters, I have my A+, Sec+, Network+, certifications. A+ is fixing computer problems. Putting reviews on for people to check is a fantastic service to others. The malwarebytes. is a free program and does a fantastic job. it is recommended by my online college where naturally we must keep our computers running in top shape. Also, if you need to check you internet connection speed go to speedtest.net They do have some advertisments for other products on the site--but I suppose that is how they aford to exist. I have to have above 1.0 download and upload speeds be able to take my online proctored tests on my computer with a college issued webcam. Luckily, I never pd on the File Cure, came and seen the reviews--I did the uninstall and my computer is 64 bit/windows 7 and it seems I have been spared the woes so many have endured. I hope this info will help you.
0 Replies

BORIS2468

Mon 20 Jun, 2011 06:59 am
@bobcomp,
PLEASE WHAT FREE PROGRAMS ARE THE BEST & WHERE DO YOU GO TO GET THEM. THANK YOU JOHN @[email protected]
0 Replies

elspeth

Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:09 am
Don't buy this product as it does not work and after scanning it tells you to download and then advises you need PC health and then other things its a constant selling site. I complained bitterly several times , nothing happened then I e-mailed safe cart and after that I got a full refund. I also fell for the tactic they tick the box for safety control which you do not need if you have anti virus. Complete waste of money. I complained several times they ignored me to start with. I e-mailed safe cart and they refunded the money right away. This is a lesson to me to be careful what you buy, take time to understand the product as nothing is as good as it sounds. Elspeth
0 Replies

elspeth

Sat 30 Jul, 2011 02:15 am
Yes I purchased this product and unnoticed was another box ticked that was for security which you don't need if you have anti virus. £32.09 was what I paid for this useless product. I e-mailed them several times they sent replies saying to go on to web site. Never got a proper explanation to why it did not work and kept asking me to buy another product PC health and that would fix the problems also other boxes popped up about other products. A complete selling site. I eventually e-mailed safe cart as I was not getting anywhere with paretologic and they gave me a refund instantly. Then paretologic e-mailed me to say I could have a refund. Be warned do not buy this product. Elspeth
0 Replies

hammerhead25

Sat 13 Aug, 2011 04:01 am
@drillersmum,
I downloaded I don't know how many different files to fix a problem. It never got fixed and there is not away to get in touch with them. I recomend not buying into this. It just takes up space on your computer and wastes money.
0 Replies

ciullo

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 04:28 pm
@drillersmum,
I purchased this program and am very sorry. My program has expired and I do not want to renew but I keep getting messages and cannot stop the messages. Does anyone know how I can get this off my computer.
0 Replies

Jack Worgan

Sat 3 Sep, 2011 09:11 am
It appears that it is a SCAM. I downloaded it for the quoted price of $29.97.
They billed me for $39.94 on my credit card. I contacted them. No idea what I was talking about.
I downloaded the program and put in the License key and privacy control key. Never been able to use this program. When I try to open, my security systems go wild.
File Cure tries to access the internet several times a day. My Firewall throws in a block immediately.

Jack Worgan
0 Replies

tedo

Tue 6 Sep, 2011 02:05 pm
Purchased the program then paid for the renewal but it would not open up. Contacted on numerous occasions the help center but received no reply. Contacted the pay center with proof of purchase...yes, no reply. The only reply I get is to buy the program. Stay away you will lose your money as I did. I went back to Norton, best thing you can do. Unlike Paretologic Norton is responsive and ise rated by PC mag at the top.
0 Replies

jjdaub

Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:43 pm
for me this program is a scam. i don't remeber why and how i clicked somewhere about three weeks ago and here it was . i uninstalled it and deleted everything i could find. it still pops up every time i switch on the computer and i have to click through three windows to delete it and be able to work.
i am looking to get together a group of people to start a legal action or address these scammers through an attorney general
0 Replies

georgeinva

Thu 22 Sep, 2011 08:33 am
My question is "Why does Microsoft show this as a recommended fix?" There is no Paretologic product that is anything more than a scam. Now that I've managed to uninstall the program, I can't get rid of the shortcut it put on my desktop!
0 Replies