"ParetoLogic File Cure" is it a scam?

cicerone imposter

Sun 2 Dec, 2012 04:19 am
@drillersmum,
PARETO LOGIC IS A SCAM. STAY AWAY; NEVER DOWNLOAD ANYTHING BY THAT COMPANY. YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DO.

IT TAKES AN ACT OF CONGRESS TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
0 Replies

OLD78

Sun 17 Mar, 2013 12:04 am
IT IS A SCAM! I made a huge mistake loading PARETO LOGIC's FILE CURE. IT HAS COST ME WEEKS OF AGONY AND THEIR STARTER FEE.! This occured when I was trying to speed up an incredibly slow 2012 Turbo tax event. I am still looking for that data. The cure was to remove my C drive completely and install another hard drive that had been formatted on a known good machine and restart with a new windows system installation on the "new" empty hard drive. I recovered a significant amount of data.
I had a version of the Citadel Trojan (FBI Money Pak virus) along with two other trojans and five exploiters which were found and eliminated by Microsoft Security Essentials which is free. THE EXPLOITERS ASKED FOR $300.00 TO GET BACK ON THE AIR, AND TO TOP IT OFF THEY ALSO THREATENED ME WITH ACTIONS BY LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR FALSE CRIMES. Pareto claims to be a Microsoft Partner, but if that were true, who needs enemies. Once the system was back in operation, I bought an external hard drive case at Best Buy and treated the contaminated drive to Microsoft Security Essentials. Now it runs faster than it has in a long time. Unfortunately the bad stuff was undetected by Symantec, but the Pareto stuff seems to be gone, I hope! Good Luck, and thank you Microsoft, your stuff works and is really user friendly!!
I informed the FBI and they gave me a suggested a web site that is run by the government because they are aware of, and on top of, this FBI Moneypak scam, along with thousands of others. Report any suspicious stuff to them. It works.
0 Replies

littleshot

Mon 1 Apr, 2013 08:08 am
Why would any legitimate software company try to install on my computer at night while I'm sleeping, without my knowledge or permission. This pareto logic should be a candidate for investigation of legal authority.
0 Replies

Steve2151

Wed 22 May, 2013 11:01 am
I have nothing to do with Paralofic, distributors or anyone else who stands to benefit from what I have to say:

I recently built a new i7, 16 Gb Windows 7 (Ultimate) system to replace my old Dell dual core. There's always a problem or three with a new cutting edge system and mine was no exception. I pride myself in being a "hacker," per the original usage of a guy who gets into software and operating systems just to see how they work; as well not letting any error get the best of me. Since the late 1980's few have. I had an error for which a search provided Paralogic's app. I bought it and worked it. It did not solve my immediate problem, but it did have a few utilities useful for lower skilled end users -which worked fine. Since I'm above that, and it didn't suit my purpose, I requested RMA and refund.

Paralofic refunded my money as promised with no great hassles. They did inquire what my reasons were and tried to salvage their sale, but I call that decent product support.

This outfit dealt with me honestly and fairly. They kept their word and their part of the bargain. No one who does that can rightfully be called a "scam." Maybe their product doesn't solve every issue, but who does? I would do business with them again in a nano heartbeat.

Before anyone calls this company a scam, look at your own level of honesty in the deal! It's always easy to slander someone on the web...especially those trying to get "something for nothing;" the latter are the REAL scammers. NOT Paralogic!!!

Steven R Sizemore
Lauristone Parris

Thu 23 May, 2013 06:55 am
Hi
I am Lauristone Parris and I am having great difficulty in my license key that was paid for Sun, 5 May 2013 09:18:58 -0700
Kindly send License please
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 23 May, 2013 09:01 am
@Steve2151,
Your anecdotal approval of ParetoLogic is not logical; most have said what I also believe that ParetoLogic is a fraud. That you might be a programmer has nothing to do with "our" experience with that company.
Steve2151

Sat 25 May, 2013 12:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure you and I subscribe to the same definition of "logical." It seems very logical to me that an outfit who treats me honestly and fairly is no scammer. Further, from review of some other posts, albeit far fewer, my experience is not isolated. It would seem to me that any application -from Microsoft to freeware- stands a chance of causing system problems to some users; taking into account the exponential differences in hardware, firmware and platform configurations. My research has uncovered many people having trouble with the app itself, but I've yet to see anyone, including myself, suffering from credit card or other fraudulent agencies from this outfit. There's no shortage of problems by the obvious amount of posts, but I don't see anything that proves a direct cause and effect. Case in point: why don't any of this "malware" issues show up on my system. I do grant it possible to write code going after a particular configuration, but I don't believe it likely the case.

My opinion would dramatically change if I found several fraudulent charges on my credit card, or I found a root kit or other malware installing, but such is not the case. Perhaps the end user's expectations of what this product does and how it performs are vastly different -this I grant you without reservation, but using that as a standard of "scam" can be applied to damn near any application out there. As well, there are several claims of Trojan horses, but only subjective opinions that this app was the culprit. I again ask, why didn't these issues attack all of us?

As I've previously stated, I have nothing to gain by my positive review of my expierience, but I do not believe this outfit to be a scam. While the app may or may not solve your issues, they stand by their refund promise well enough for me, as opposed to others who don't answer refund request emails -where I would say that would be a scam.

If the app doesn't work, you can get a refund within 30-days of purchase. They credited my card within five days of my initial request. My system isn't afflicted with malware, and it uninstalled with less residual registry errors or junk files than most HP, Microsoft or like large publishers. This doesn't fit my definition of scam, and I find that a logical conclusion.

Steve
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 May, 2013 01:26 pm
@Steve2151,
It's nice that a "few" of you never had any problems, but as you can see from many who posted to this thread that many of us did have problems with that company.

I just do not want to prolong this unpleasant subject. CASE CLOSED!
Steve2151

Sun 26 May, 2013 08:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
If you are looking for a constructive remedy, please give me some details on what persists to cause your system issues and I'll recommend steps to correct it. As well, if you have issues corresponding to the app in question that we can isolate and share with everyone, by all means let us do so. If however your interest is limited to venting, I'm in agreement there isn't much more to say.

Steve
0 Replies

Steve2151

Sun 26 May, 2013 09:10 am
As I review this topic, I can see quite a few of you who have persistence issues on your system. I'll not address the rudimentary issues of security suite software matters, as if you aren't doing that much you have been getting what you have asked for by failing to do so.

What I note to be a shared issue is the "zombie" presence experienced by some, which is to say messages continuing to show even after removal of the app. Let me recommend a few things which may help:

1. A full system scan (on a "clean boot") is always the first place to start. Many people get infected these days on "drive by" infestations from infected websites and incorrectly presume it came from an app that was coincidently installed same day. Pay attention to any reports of viruses, Trojans or the like in the detailed report after the scan.

2. Check your app list and ensure there isn't anything running you do not recognize. Google any items that cause suspicion, but remember many apps often rely on other apps that install at the same time. I have one that relies on PDF reader I had previously not installed, but its presence is benign. Ensure all the apps you have are up-to-date, as apps that aren't current present a "welcome mat" to others predisposed to causing havoc to others. There are several free apps that help you keep the list current, such as Secunia (secunia.com, Secunia PSI download), which I recommend.

3. If you continue to see this app persisting in some way, try to uninstall using a uninstall utility. I have found Revo Uninstaller (revouninstaller.com) to be reliable, it's free and you can do very detailed uninstalls, checking registry entries and folders which hitherto persist to delete them once and for all. In a worst case environment, you could reinstall the FileCure app and then use Revo to do a detailed uninstall to ensure you don't miss anything -what the hell, the damage is already there! I don't recommend that last technique for any app, but since a few of us have had experiences which put this publisher's reputation to fair question it isn't, in my opinion, a totally reckless step in this case.

After you attempt these steps, share with us what your experiences produced. Too often some of us look for a problem, search the web and find a solution, but don't report the successes back. Tell the rest of us what worked and you'll save the next guy a lot of headache...which might be you next time!

***REMEMBER*** Just because you can download something easily, doesn't make you safe! I make it a point to do a separate file scan (beyond what your browser does at download) once download is finished just to be sure. Always avoid using "mirror site" downloads if you can, since these are often the weak point for many otherwise reliable publishers.

***There is no "something for nothing" in this world! I'm willing to bet if you had searched FileCure BEFORE you downloaded and installed, you wouldn't be tearing out your hair while reading this. The technique of publishing a "lite" version of software which only tells you of problems (which may or may not) exists that can be solved by the paid app is a very old one. Make sure you understand what the basis of your problem is BEFORE you install an app to address it! While many of us don't know as much as others, we all know someone who has considerably more knowledge than we do -ask them...that is how we all learn.

Please issue a reply to this post if any of these steps remedy your problems, and share with us if they don't. The whole basis of sites like this is sharing information for the benefit of others, so share!

Steve

0 Replies

DOROGHAZA

Wed 14 Aug, 2013 01:18 pm
THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND LYERS THEY DON'T RESPOND TO BBB.
THEY USE BBB FOR SALES PROMOTION ONLY BUT IGNORE BBB WHEN PROBLEM NEEDS TO BE SOLVED.

AVOID THIS COMPANY

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Aug, 2013 07:14 pm
Steve2151 must be an employee of the company. He's a fraud too!

That they invaded my computer with software that cannot be easily removed and the fact that it's almost impossible to get your money back, those who download ParegoLogic does so after ALL THE WARNINGS on this thread are only asking for trouble.

0 Replies

kooker234

Thu 29 Aug, 2013 04:01 pm
Ever wonder if all these quick fix sites that charge or offer free fixes have something to do with the virus/trojan in the first place. I've been offered $150.00 to fix a problem via chat, down to $90.00 when I refused, finally ended at $50.00 when I offered $30.00. I wonder????????
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 Aug, 2013 06:18 pm
@kooker234,
I used Norton antivirus, but when a virus took over my computer, the guy at Norton wanted $100 bucks to fix my computer.

Their guarantees are worthless.

I can buy a new computer with more memory for a few hundred more. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

By the time you pay for their antivirus software, and the cost to repair it, consumers are better off not buying their software. Use all the freebies that are available; they're pretty good at protecting our computers. I think AVAST free is rated pretty high. Microsoft also offers free antivirus.
0 Replies

p-oddownloader

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 02:34 am
@Pensioner,
What's the license key?
0 Replies

bruce189

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 07:22 am
@Vicki054,
simple, if tedious solution: back up your personal files (NOT to your hard drive!!) The Windows install will have wiped (if you haven't done so already If so, use the older backup later), then reinstore our version of Windows. This will wipe the rest of your hard disk, so you will have to reload any other programs you use (antivirus of course, office whichever one you use, whatever else, and don't forget any disks needed by your motherboard, modem, printer etc). Then you will have to reinstore your personal files, unless you decide to just use them from your backup media.
The Windows install will have wiped all the nasties from your hard drive, as well as all the good stuff you forgot to back up. So think ahead!
Then you just have to allow Windows, and the other programs, to update themselves.
Thanks for the warning. I was thinking about trying it. I'm glad I didn't.
Bruce

0 Replies

bruce189

Sat 8 Mar, 2014 07:36 am
I got sent to the ParetoLogic site by a Microsoft help site. Maybe Microsoft should be more careful, else they could face class action law suits.
0 Replies

Jammynewt

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 01:09 am
@drillersmum,
I have also been scammed by this company and charged to make the PC "safe". This did not work and my PC was completely locked/frozen until I uninstalled their programmes. However what is really scary is that I do not remember downloading this onto my PC in the first place. It just appeared after an email for a friend was a virus.
J newton
0 Replies

shah raj

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 11:19 pm
@High Seas,
I need license key for regcure pro
0 Replies

PVMetal

Thu 10 Jul, 2014 04:06 pm
Ok, so thanks thanks to all your reviews I've decided not to buy this, but can anyone tell me a program that is good please? I really need to be able to be able to open MXF files.
0 Replies