"ParetoLogic File Cure" is it a scam?

nrgwaw

Tue 27 Sep, 2011 07:01 am
@Vicki054,
Hi Vicki054. My God, thank God, I was thinking I was drunk and did something wrong. I have important files to open in email, but can't. I was (tonight) almost about to pay filecure (AGAIN). I have McAfee TOTAL PROTECTION, but I doubt they can help, given I payed them once before, and received nothing!
Wally. (0410 718 000)
0 Replies

Charles Adler

Tue 11 Oct, 2011 10:50 am
@drillersmum,
FileCure is not an anti virus program. It is designed to find missing extensions on your array of such on your hard drive. By identifying a missing extension and downloading the suggested cure this progrtam delivers you'll be able to open a message which otherwise you'd have to find anotyher solution manually. Great tiime saver, I am niot an employee of paralogic. I do subscribe to FileCure.
0 Replies

Charles Adler

Tue 11 Oct, 2011 11:45 am
@Vicki054,
Put the name of the missing dll into your browser when window opens downl;oad it to save on your pc. Problem fixed.
0 Replies

mfdh55

Sun 13 Nov, 2011 11:02 pm
@drillersmum,
If you are getting alot of error messages . It can be that you have an out of date driver or you have too much on your hard drive. Dump the cookies and the temporary internet files. Do a Back up of your files to an external hard drive. Sometimes it can be a new security update that is the problem or watch that you do not use two anti virus programs at once, The Registry cleaners do most of this for you. but if you are having major recurring problems a Registry cleaner will help but I find them to be expensive.but I would use one before going to a tech and getting and getting a large bill and yes they do exaggerate how many problems there actually is a good website to go to for information is bleepingcomputers.com or msdn.com both of these sites have excellent discussion boards. Use the Registry cleaner as a last ditch effort
sk8terboy

Sun 27 Nov, 2011 08:09 am
I'm trying to open a WBA file for my desktop window blinds.
I dont want to use filecure to do this is there anything else i can open them with ? plz help
[email protected]
I'm looking for Window blinds 7 - object desktop - skin studio 7 professional - desk scapes - cube desktop -rocketdock - desktop icon toy - bump top - topdesk.
If anyone has any of these can plz send me a copy to my e-mail and I would love ya forever ^^
I'll run my 6 virus scanners on anything sent so you can pack it up if like. TY kindy. Sk8terboy
0 Replies

KT Australia

Tue 6 Dec, 2011 10:43 am
A few days ago I had had unauthorised funds removed from my account by Safecart on behalf of Paretoligic File Cure. That's right...stollen! I have sent numerous emails to both Safecart & Paretologic for their Customer Service Departments & any other email addresses I could find for them. Have I had a reply? NO? Are Paretologic & Safecart SCAMS? To-date my experience says a resounding YES. My advise is HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH PARETOLOGIC or SAFECART.
If, by some chance, this matter is resolved to my satisfaction I will re-post on this site to keep you up-to-date. Till then, don't have anything to do with either company.
KT Australia
0 Replies

chris73p

Sun 11 Dec, 2011 12:21 am
First of all , FileCure is a PRODUCT...Like any other there is a demo version to download to Check Out ot let you SEE what the software can do for you.. SURE there is a screen to BUY or Register..C'mon people get a life here !. You think if a program asks you to purchase or register that it is a SCAAM or Malware ? Don't be an idiot. File Cure is a Great Program that really helps if you have that file that you can't open or don't know what it is. That's Why They Wrote The Software...DUH !!!! Don't expect companies who make products for a living to just give them away.. YOU don't work for nothing so don't expect everybody else to either.. The software is no virus or malware, the damned thing is legit and it does work. Get a life !
0 Replies

sandy59

Thu 15 Dec, 2011 11:32 pm
i just tried ParetoLogic i downloaded it but it wanted me to pay to open no way no how will i give out personal infor or credit info on line i immediately went to control panel and deleted it then restarted my computer and its gone don,t use it as its a scam its not free.
0 Replies

gigicats6

Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:15 pm
@drillersmum,
It is a scam! I was supposed to pay $24.99 and was billed $39.99. Then upon installing it, it removed necessary registry entries, AND, my System Restore which I created before installing it. So, I could not undo the harm it caused. Then the next day, my Norton Antivirus blocked off my computer from the internet completely because I had 1, 897 intrusions to my pc! THIS has never happened to me before, until I installed Pareto Logic. Think they'd give me a refund? Yeah, right! Not even going to attempt to deal with these people anymore, lest I invite more trouble!
0 Replies

Stevemerickson

Sun 8 Jan, 2012 01:03 pm
@mark0613,
I also cannot find the file to delete it. It supposedly deleted it, but someting is in my registry that is giving me an error message each time the computer boots up. All attempts at running "cleaning" software, have not resolved the problem. Where is the file hidden "underneath?"
0 Replies

JTI

Sun 8 Jan, 2012 01:38 pm
I have a hacker friend who told me to go into the c-files of the computer and deleat any file that doesnt have name. look at it first to make sure your arn't killing your own important info.. takes alot of reading if you have olot of files un-marked. Ihad five and it only took a little over an hour. pretty good for a 57 year old that don't know anything about computing.
0 Replies

tony195901

Thu 16 Feb, 2012 02:08 pm
@windsail,
I totally agree with you, I use most of Paretologic software and have done so for sometime now, my laptop & desktop are both running paretologic's PC Health Advisor, filecure, XoftspySE anti virus, and in the past I have used Regcure with no problems, if anyone has problems try reading before clicking, this may help!
0 Replies

RBruce

Thu 16 Feb, 2012 04:14 pm
@dadpad,
It's crap. Not only that they will put you on an autorenew program somehow and a year from when you get it you will get a bill. You can call and they will promise you a refund, send you an email with a link to a website that will not work. Designed to rip you off. I fell for this. Listen to me and stay far away from any Pareto product or anything being sold on Safecart.
0 Replies

DonSchaller

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:16 pm
It just distroyed my computer I can't even get to my BIOS Nothing happens when I power my computer up? How can that be ?? ZBad Bios flash is all I can think that would do this to mt computer? any help would be great!
0 Replies

davdav

Wed 29 Feb, 2012 10:55 pm
When it comes to antivirus programs, spyware blockers etc. always buy the disk in hand, that way you can return it if it doesn't work, or reinstall the disk again if necessary. I bought AVG in the store, got regular updates for a year. It worked great. After the fact, not sure what to do about FileCure.
0 Replies

lncognito

Sat 10 Mar, 2012 01:44 pm
The program is garbage period, so is Regwork, to say you use these programs is to show that you either work for them or have many have more computer problems than you know.
I remove regwork and all related software from my customers computers as they do nothing except bung it up worse, registry cleaners DO NOT need to run at every startup the registry is a delicate place and only clean it if you know what you are doing period.
Driver update programs are not needed and are also a scam always go to the manufacturers website for ANY driver updates, there is no miracle program for fixing your stuff most just want your cash, user inexperience is the root of all evil, lol.
If you want to remove Malware use Malwarebytes there is no better program, Norton, MaCafee and all the other ones are useless and are a waste of money but since i do this for a business and have 30 years in the buis I have a little more knowledge than most.
Most people say as well that Google Chrome and Firefox are much better than Internet Explorer, WRONG, they may be faster but that is all, IE is far more secure I see so many jacked machines due to infected extensions with Chrome and Firefox it is not even comparable, IE has the largest user base and as the other ones grow they get targeted more all the time.

Bottom line if you do not know what you are doing get someone that does to help you othewise keep downloading all these scam crap software programs to solve "problems" that do not exist. Guys like that keep guys like me in business Smile
0 Replies

lncognito

Sat 10 Mar, 2012 01:52 pm
@mfdh55,
I use Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials in my computer store repair business and have stopped thousands of worms , trojans ect. You can use them together no problem at all since one is a malware scanner and the other a virus scanner they work awesome together. I do not exaggerate anything maybe Bestbuy or some place that but they dont fix anything because they are useless and have no right repairing anything and they do not , they use software to do it for them, Geeksquad MRI to be exact. Bleepingcomputers is a great site as well Smile except they need to talk to people a little more on their level.
0 Replies

DonaldK

Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:48 am
Just downloaded the ParetoLogic PC Health Advisor. Ran the program which identified 400 errors. Followed the links to the website and found it cost $29.95 to fix the problems. Continued and paid the $29.95. Then I was instructed to follow a series of steps for registration which eventually required calling an 866 number. The ensuing instructions showed that my computer required the services of a repair tech from Best Buy for $299.00 with no guarantee of fixing. If this is getting a bit boring to show my stupidity, bear with me. The bottom line is that I am out the $29.95 to Paretologic, the computer is still running slowly and there is no way I am spending another penny on this Paretologic path. If this experience saves you the time and money which I invested in Paretologic, then both the expense and the frustration are worth it. If you consider this experience not worthwhile and you pursue Paretologic, I am sorry for you.
0 Replies

gjones

Mon 23 Jul, 2012 07:50 am
I too signed up to pareto when I was told that I had a "million" errors on my computer, and was unable to ACTUALLY get it installed because of difficulty in locating the "license key" that they required. But every time I bring up my computer, I get all sorts of popups asking me if I want them to SCAN, etc, and it's very annoying. I too am afraid I'll get a huge bill from them for services they never supplied. Also, I found they've made it impossible to talk to a person. (I want to unsubscribe.)
0 Replies

neila

Sun 2 Dec, 2012 04:10 am
@drillersmum,
i have had this intrusion. any company asking you to "agree to its terms" without showing you the terms must be a con. back off from it!
0 Replies